New potential for growth in tourism sector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New potential for growth in tourism sector

Minister of Tourism Edmund Bartlett has said that the Government is looking to build out the tourism product in non-traditional areas across the island as it looks to fully maximise the country’s tourism potential.

Bartlett said the objective is to create ‘mini-destinations’ that can attract large numbers of visitors.

“I am telling you that there are a number of places that we are looking at and which are just loaded with potential,” he added.

“When we talk about reimagining, we are talking about thinking outside the box; we are talking about being creative and also to be confident in the knowledge that the more diverse the product is, the more you stay ahead of the competition,” he noted.

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/n...ays-government
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

JAMPRO promotes medical tourism

The Tourism and Services Unit at Jamaica Promotions Corporation (JAMPRO) is facilitating some major initiatives geared towards the development and promotion of leisure and medical tourism, health and wellness, and attractions.

“Medical tourism is certainly a very vibrant market globally, and what we have in Jamaica is a scenario where doctors are already treating persons from overseas, but they do not necessarily call them medical tourists,” she said.

Straw pointed out that the diaspora is a major target market to boost the local medical tourism sector.

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/n...edical-tourism
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Seems you’re a very active part of the JLP propaganda machine. Dem pay yuh or is juss love yuh love dem suh?

Great job tho!!👍🏿
      Last edited by Don1; July 9, 2019, 09:21 AM.
      TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Lol.How yuh a angle mi bredren suh.
        THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

.... is not everyone appreciate good news. Keep us informed.
          "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

I care not about the politricks of the two tribes, however they've done and are doing a good job in advancing the economy.

Comment

Why Jangle ,when we have you the JLP broadcasting service.
              THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Nothing wrong with reporting “good news” per se

However the constant barrage of “good news” without countervailing arguments or at minimum- critical thinking = Propaganda

That’s my assessment of your contributions over the past few months

But doan tap atall!! It’s entertaining! 👍🏿

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

I leave the negative news to you and others. There is enough to go around.

Comment

Is there any counter to what Jangle is posting???

Let me hear some good plans from the other side then we can debate it. Simple not aware of it. The big difference however is that people like Bartlett is thinking and working.

One of my PNP connected friend who live a yard tell me him nuh like how the place look, it a get too green. Well if PNP don't get them act together it a go get greener.
                    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Give thanks 🙏🏿

Comment

I’m not concerned with promoting PNP nor JLP versions of propaganda. Our organization is actually partnered with the current administration to deliver unique education solutions to 1000s of kids. So I’m non-partisan but generally supportive of the Holness administration

Party affiliation is irrelevant to me but good policy and critical thinking are extremely relevant. So kindly don’t bring that tribal argument to me

I leave the propaganda to tribalists but merely expose their folly occasionally. Tribalism is right up there amongst Jamaica’s biggest problems
                        Last edited by Don1; July 9, 2019, 02:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir X View Post
                          Why Jangle ,when we have you the JLP broadcasting service.
                          ....then you have issue when you are identified as a supporter of Poverty Not Prosperity.
                          "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Well the fact is currently the Holness admin is receptive to some idea, at least they give you a listening ear.

The fact that the current PNP is still stuck in 90s make it hard for them to be relevant. I work with any ambitious politicians. The last community project I work on was with mostly PNP and it got results. The fact is though is if you are not bias you will see that this admin is showing up some of the past admins. They still have a way to go but some of the things you wonder why it wasn't done already. PNP need to get their act together so when they do form the next government they are coming with cutting edge idea and action.
                            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

You’re entitled to your opinions
                              Last edited by Don1; July 9, 2019, 04:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X