I watched the Pope's arrival in Cuba and wondered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I watched the Pope's arrival in Cuba and wondered

what it would have looked like if he had landed on that island 90 miles south.

Havana: Pope met President Raul Castro on the tarmac. Then 4 or 5 little children get the Pope. He talks with them enthusiastically for 5 or 6 minutes, they exchange gifts. He shows genuine interest in their discussion. Then the Pope and the President give their welcome speeches.

Kingston: the Pope would have met either the Prime Minister our the Governor General, the Leader of the Opposition, a host of cabinet ministers and members of parliament, commissioner of police, Usain Bolt, Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce, Captain Burrell and L.A. Lewis. Then, maybe, he'd get to spend 2 minutes max with kids who are supposed to represent our ridiculous national motto. Then the Prime Minister and the Pope would give their welcome speeches.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

LOL ... ah chue!
    Peter R

Comment

"Then the prime minister. ......give her welcoming speech" . jeezas gad!!! Pure patwah an cussin an tracing. Just the way you love it Poster Mosiah.
      The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

You gentlemen are just as guilty,giving undue credence to mere symbolism.

Comment

Give the Pope a likkle credit fi assisting in the breaking of the ice between US & Cuba.
          Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Wha a gwaan soldier?
            The game cganger was Obama,the positions of Cuba and the Pope are constant variables ergo..
            We have to start demanding better Itah.

Comment

Agree Obama was the initiator.
              Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

You are so ignorant and prejudiced. Have you ever heard Portia speak in such a setting?

Stop looking down on Jamaicans who weren't born with a silver spoon in their mouths. You want us to believe that you also came from humble beginnings yet you continue to mock others.

That is a really disgusting trait, HL!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Don't know who was the initiator but it would probably not have happened with Mitt Romney or John McCain.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Yes Mosiah. I know Ms. Simpson is very capable of delivering a state's woman like speech.

Recently you have gotten just as gullible like Weed-X.

Anyway, thanks for the opportunity (again) to ruffle yu feathers. I'll try not to speak I'll of your leader again. Hold your breath.
                    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Missa frighten,nuh use to nuttin, i asked you a question about ganja below, you seem afraid of the discussion, only bold enough to make denigrating pronoucements.

As I said nothing of substance from you. Mi read yuh fram yuh barn.
                      THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Yuh a sound like Historian now. No need for that. If Portia deserves cussing, for whatever reason, please feel free to trace har. You have my permission.

Indeed, there is a video clip making the rounds right now of Portia speaking at the just concluded PNP conference. Wooiiee! Yuh shoulda did 'ear har.

"All who say I'm misshin' in action..." Okay, that's just a tongue twist up. It could happen to anybody.

"We nuh have nuh One Don in the PNP. We have one leaders!!"

So yes, I'll be the first to admit that has her challenges when she addresses har comrades sometimes, but in a setting like with a foreign leader or the Pope, I can't remember her embarrassing herself or the country.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                        X