RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Edwards: A vision for School boy football to move forward!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yuh get found out Suh yuh a laff,so do we charge Parents like they do in the euro/American system for their kids i.e poor people pickney,to be coached in this grassroots system?

That is now your reference of development is it not ?

Idiot 😏
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir X View Post
      Yuh get found out Suh yuh a laff,so do we charge Parents like they do in the euro/American system for their kids i.e poor people pickney,to be coached in this grassroots system?

That is now your reference of development is it not ?

Idiot 😏
      Clearly, reading comprehension is not your strong suit. As I said, give me ONE EXAMPLE of a country where what you are suggesting has worked...ONE!!! If not, shet da fek up!!!
      "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Ouch! Someone's toe get mash.4 y.o yuh say coached in a Grass Roots club system,a bare foot scrimmage yuh a talk bout?.....lol😏

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Ouch! Someone's toe get mash.4 y.o yuh say coached in a Grass Roots club system,a bare foot scrimmage yuh a talk bout?.....lol😏
          Ha ha ha...nice try. I can give you several examples (the one I like the best is Belgium, but there are other examples as well) where the grassroots system works. You can't give me ONE where your daft concept of basing the development pathway on high school football has worked. NOT ONE! So keep flapping your gums...or go fin' u miggle stump. Eedyat.
          "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Claffy does it work in Africa and why not,again yuh expect poor people fi pay yuh fi teach Dem pickney fi roll ball barefoot,when Dem hungry?

It works in Europe and America Dummy because of what ? that is not up for debate,it's a given? idiot if yuh caaan understand dat,let me put it another way,what economic difference is there between the third world and 1st world why it works in a Belgium,but would not work in let's say Jamaica.😏

Man can Suh fool ?😏

The question that Edwards,Turner,I and many others seek to answer is what will work in our cultural economic reality?
            Last edited by Sir X; January 5, 2018, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Claffy does it work in Africa and why not,again yuh expect poor people fi pay yuh fi teach Dem pickney fi roll ball barefoot,when Dem hungry?

It works in Europe and America Dummy because of what ? that is not up for debate,it's a given? idiot if yuh caaan understand dat,let me put it another way,what economic difference is there between the third world and 1st world why it works in a Belgium,but would not work in let's say Jamaica.😏

Man can Suh fool ?😏

The question that Edwards,Turner,I and many others seek to answer is what will work in our cultural economic reality?
              I will answer your question about the solution for Jamaica in a separate (well thought out) post...not the usual flatulence that you perpetrate on the rest of us. However, your other question was: "Does it work in Africa?". Senegal, Nigeria, Cameroon, Ivory Coast, and Ghana have produced players like: Essien, Gyan, Muntari, Jon Obi Mikel,Didier Zokora, Emmanuel Eboué, Gervinho, Salomon Kalou, Kolo Toure, Yaya Toure and others that have proven success in Europe. They have NOT done it through a high school system but rather, through an academy system.

The most successful academies have done a few things well: 1) gain independent corporate and foundation sponsorship and/or partnerships with big clubs from Europe etc. which allows them to provide kids the opportunity to play for free 2) work with their communities to establish creative solutions to facility restraints, such as fields, transportation, uniforms, etc. AND 3) TAKE THE BEST PLAYERS AND PUT THEM INTO A FOOTBALL ACADEMY THAT IS ALSO A SCHOOL. The Right to Dream Academy in Ghana has produced over 30 players playing professionally in bigger leagues who all help and contribute to their communities after they "make it". These systems work because the players are focused on having a concentration of the best talent around, not having the best talent scattered across 200 schools. It just does NOT make sense.

For Jamaica, creativity, not money only, and a bit of discipline and vision is a huge part of the solution. BUT WE FIRST HAVE TO ADMIT THAT DEVELOPMENT MUST START EARLY...NOT AT HIGH SCHOOL AGE. Jamaica - on a GDP PER CAPITA basis is RICHER than EVERY COUNTRY I NAMED ABOVE. So money ain't an excuse. I will answer your other question when I have time...but I don't expect to educate you...you simply too fool.

Comment

FYI: You have conceded the club academy system has failed in Jamaica ,we all agree on this,so to reference african academys must be told in context of their endemic cultural school boy sports history,do they have one ? Also are parents financing children at these academys ,what is the average age at these academys,does it start as you suggest at 4y.o ?

I am glad you are going to address the economics of implementing the euro-american model of poor people financing kids to play at the grassroots level..lol

Comment

FYI: You have conceded the club academy system has failed in Jamaica ,we all agree on this,so to reference african academys must be told in context of their endemic cultural school boy sports history,do they have one ? Also are parents financing children at these academys ,what is the average age at these academys,does it start as you suggest at 4y.o ?

I am glad you are going to address the economics of implementing the euro-american model of poor people financing kids to play at the grassroots level..lol
                  I have conceded nothing of the sort my intellectually challenged midget. Is Phoenix a failure? If anything, Phoenix is proving that the academy system is the way forward. They have done many of the things that the successful African academies are doing (sorry Mo). To answer your questions:

1. "endemic cultural school boy sports history" - you have finally asked an intelligent question. The answer broadly speaking is NO. Only about 35% of high school boys in Africa go to high school. However, I did say above that there are differences, so this is one of them, but it does not mean that it should restrict us from progress.

2. financing - no, parents are not financing the kids.

3. starting ages - each academy is different. Right to Dream starts at 10. Phoenix in Jamaica starts much earlier.

And I have NEVER suggested the Euro-American model as the way forward for Jamaica. Never. Comprende?

Comment

I really cant, didnt you say this ?

4. Your argument that the clubs are not delivering is not in dispute. HOWEVER, it has to be the FOCUS. In other words, trying to make the high school system be the developmental pathway instead of fixing the REAL PROBLEM (JFF Patty Shop as you call it) will be another colossal waste of time.

and This ?

Youth coaches (U13 and down) are NOT the same as professional lever UEFA A/B coaches. They (should) focus on completely different set of development KPIs based on the nurturing the psychological and technical aspects of the game, with tertiary emphasis on tactical and physical aspects. Most development at the very young age groups can be done by far less qualified coaches than A/B coaches. In America, the F, E, D levels are within reach of anyone who is interested. The C, B and A are much more challenging with the B and A almost impossible now to get.

1.What you have stated in case you didnt know is a system that has regulations as per licensure or certification to coach youths at various ages,isnt it a euro/american system ? and they charge parents for this !

2.Then you moved unto grassroots academies, and you site Phoenix and others in Jamaica ? Do any of them have the above licensure or certifications ?

3.Finally are the acadamies in Africa financied by european clubs to be feeder programs,would you call that endemic to the african football sports culture ?

https://www.africa.com/africas-best-football-academies/

Idiot ! Yuh eida ave amnesia,lie or fool !

Comment

I really cant, didnt you say this ?

4. Your argument that the clubs are not delivering is not in dispute. HOWEVER, it has to be the FOCUS. In other words, trying to make the high school system be the developmental pathway instead of fixing the REAL PROBLEM (JFF Patty Shop as you call it) will be another colossal waste of time.

Yes - I said this, and what of it? I still stand behind it. The focus has to be in the clubs, not in high schools eedyat.

and This ?

Youth coaches (U13 and down) are NOT the same as professional lever UEFA A/B coaches. They (should) focus on completely different set of development KPIs based on the nurturing the psychological and technical aspects of the game, with tertiary emphasis on tactical and physical aspects. Most development at the very young age groups can be done by far less qualified coaches than A/B coaches. In America, the F, E, D levels are within reach of anyone who is interested. The C, B and A are much more challenging with the B and A almost impossible now to get.

1.What you have stated in case you didnt know is a system that has regulations as per licensure or certification to coach youths at various ages,isnt it a euro/american system ? and they charge parents for this !

Yes - in America they charge; they don't in Africa bonehead. And EVERYWHERE THERE IS "LICENSURE". However, you don't need coaches to have the (expensive) UEFA A/B at the youth level. This has been your position for sometime which is absolutely RIDICULOUS not to mention impossible. The bottomline is that coaching education is a requirement, but it has to be age appropriate and it doesn't require paid coaches at the youngest age groups. In most of Europe the youngest age groups are handled by volunteer coaches, as is the case in America. You want everyone to have UEFA A and B.

2.Then you moved unto grassroots academies, and you site Phoenix and others in Jamaica ? Do any of them have the above licensure or certifications?

What shyte are you talking? I HAVE MAD ONLY ONE ARGUMENT AND THAT IS THAT IS MAKES ZERO SENSE IN HAVING THE PATHWAY FOR FOOTBALL DEVELOPMENT FOUNDATION BE HIGH SCHOOL!!! THAT'S JUST PLAIN STUPID. I MENTIONED PHOENIX ONLY BECAUSE THEY HAVE PRODUCED RESULTS THAT NO ONE ELSE (I KNOW OF) IN JAMAICA CAN MATCH - AND THEY ARE NOT A HIGH SCHOOL!!!
                      And to show you how much you are out of your depth - I NEVER SAID "grassroots academies". I said "grassroots" which for those who know what they are talking about understand that this encompasses a wide variety of organizational structures. In America, there is AYSO, local community recreational leagues, private academies, combinations of travel soccer/rec soccer programmes, benevolent associations, church leagues, for profit leagues, schools, etc. - all are considered "grassroots" when geared to the 6-12 age range. It means "football for all" and strives to be all inclusive at its most conservative level.

3.Finally are the acadamies in Africa financied by european clubs to be feeder programs,would you call that endemic to the african football sports culture?

Ah, no. How can financing by a foreign club be endemic to African culture?? LOL??? Are you really that stupid? LOL!!!

https://www.africa.com/africas-best-football-academies/

Idiot ! Yuh eida ave amnesia,lie or fool!
                      Erm, no - you have cornered the market on 2 out of 3 of these all for yourself. If I have amnesia remind me what I have forgotten. You are not very good at comprehension and you are of inferior intellect, so I suspect you have totally failed at grasping the concepts being discussed.
                      As usual, you are out of your depth. Anyway - me done talk. Dealing with you is a waste of time. You are an idiot.
                      Last edited by Paul Marin; January 6, 2018, 03:37 AM.

Comment

Hehe....Claffy tun fool,if that is possible because yuh born fool.

Man big toe get mash..... LoL 😏,run along!

Comment

Good post! Here below is the full transcript -

Visions of a new, exciting schoolboy football structure

Wednesday, January 03, 2018

For over one hundred years, the Inter-secondary Schools Sports Association (ISSA) has been a champion of Jamaica's sporting prowess. Providing competitive platforms for the emergence, identification and nurturing of the vast majority of the nation's top talents, certainly in track and field, football, netball, basketball and cricket.

Through the years, ISSA has by and large proven itself to be dynamic, adaptable and a reliable ally to most sporting disciplines. Truthfully, the organistion is hardly recognised for the Herculean tasks it fulfills annually, keeping the conveyor belts of athletic and sporting development going, so that Jamaica may continue to increase in success, recognition and record-breaking feats on varied global sport stages.

Adapting to global trends and maintaining its core values has never been and will never be a simple process for ISSA. The merging of the annual Boys' and Girls' Athletics Championships must be acknowledged as the single most progressive adaptation made by ISSA. There can be no disputing the fact that since that merger in 1999, Jamaica has achieved unprecedented success in global track and field events.

Football is the next big sport, possibly the biggest, managed by ISSA, and for years now the debate has been brewing about how to adapt and develop the sport.

Truth be told, much of the debate has been centred around the number of games played in the 12 weeks of competition and subdividing the competition in tiers. These debates are absolutely necessary and need to be taken to another level if — as we have done in track and field — we are to become the envy of the world in football as well.

Below is an articulation of some proposals that are believed will allow for better, sustained development of football players without compromising the academic pursuits of the students who play the sport. Before the proposals are opined, let it be clearly stated that as a former student athlete, a teacher of more than 20 years and a coach of almost as many years, I do not subscribe to the myopic and biased view that student athletes are less successful academically because of their participation in sports.

In a previous article it was posited that ISSA considers a technical department for each sport it manages. This is essential for progressive, sustainable development of individual sports in conjunction with the respective sport association.

While I am not aware of the extent of relations between ISSA and respective sport associations, I do know that there is cooperation. In fact, it is common knowledge that the annual boys' and girls' championships does have a technical committee comprised of some of the most astute and accomplished minds of the sport. This should also be the case in football and all other sports.

The unique history and culture of our sports infrastructure, football in particular, obliges ISSA, in tandem with the JFF, to pursue a cooperative path for the development of our youth football. FIFA, through its technical study group (TSG), has found and embraced that youth football in some countries is best developed through the school system. Jamaica is one such country.

According to the FIFA manual on youth football, the recommended minimum number of competitive games essential for the development of youth players is 30 games, ideally spread over a minimum seven months. The development occurs best when players are matched up against others of similar age and level of play. This is very instructive for the proposals that follow here.

A total revamp of the existing football structure is necessary to achieve the sustainable developments that will improve our international football possibilities. The Manning and DaCosta Cups should be replaced with a three-tier national competition (Divisions One, Two and Three). Ideally, using the 2017 performance rankings, schools will be placed accordingly. The top-ranked forty-eight schools, across the Manning and daCosta Cup, will be placed in Division One, with the next 48 in Division Two and the rest in Division Three. Schools which did not participate in the previous campaign automatically enter in Division Three.

Each tier will comprise a maximum 48 teams divided into four groups of 12. The top four teams in each group progress to the quarter-finals (four groups of four played home and away), with the winners progressing to the semi-finals.

The lowest-ranked four teams (across all zones) in Divisions One and Two will be demoted, and the four semi-finalists from Divisions Two and Three will be promoted to the next level.

In the preliminary round each team will play all teams in their group home and away (22 games) — September to December. Games will be played, on average, every four days. This will reduce burnout and students missing the same school day each week. The post-preliminary rounds of the competition will be played in January and February, with the finals slated for mid-February.

A single knockout competition should be contested between the top-ranked 128 teams, across all tiers, at the end of the first round of the preliminary stage. This equals seven rounds of competition, starting in November. The first three or four rounds should be contested in November and December, with the last three or four in January and February. The final should be the last game of the season at the end of February. Match-ups will be determined using a draw from a single pot and also to determine who plays at home.

Under this structure, all teams will play a minimum of 22 games. The top two from each tier will play a total of 31 games, and if said teams make it to the knockout finals, they will play a maximum of 38 games.

These proposals further posit that the age structure be changed to Under-17, Under-15 and Under-13, respectively. After age 17 players should be decided on their futures and at that age, high school football is definitely not the best platform for the next stage of their development. This age structure is also best aligned to the age structure of FIFA and consequently the national teams. Remember, the context is future global dominance.

In year one, Under-15 and Under-13 teams of each school will compete in the same division as the Under-17s. Thereafter, each age level team of the said school determines their own level annually.

One of the key concerns of the 'small schools' is the poaching of the 'bigger schools' of their players. This can be controlled by a combination of rule changes as follows. The student player should meet certain transfer criteria to be determined. The receiving school should be required to compensate the sending school for their investment in the player being transferred, as per FIFA rules. Restrict the number of transferred players who can be rostered by schools per season and for each game. Schools recruiting players from beyond their Ministry of Education geographic demarcation should bear the burden of proof for minimum standards of accommodation and supervision for each student recruited. Impose transfer bans on schools which recruit players who do not play a set number of games, especially in instances when said player was a regular at his previous school.

This proposal will necessarily mean increased travel for some schools, particularly those from the urban areas. Note, however, that among rural schools it is not unusual in football for schools in St Thomas to be paired with schools in St James or Westmoreland. In cricket it is quite common to have zones spreading across three or four parishes. The travelling is a part of the development and may very well prove a great equaliser.

The argument that football cannot straddle two terms is founded in bias. Basketball and track and field already straddle the same two terms as football and cricket is played from January to May sometimes June, also straddling two-terms.

Breaking tradition is never easy, especially ones such as the Manning Cup and Olivier Shields contested since 1910 and the daCosta Cup since 1950. However, when considered, one must agree that the current structure has waned in effectiveness in -sofar as preparing the next generation of Reggae Boyz.

These changes will, without doubt, give rise to numerous challenges and criticisms. However, in the broad scheme of things, when the big picture is observed, change is necessary. These proposals clearly increase the possibilities for significant developments over the short, medium and long term. Increased numbers of competitive games over a longer period of time will accrue unimaginable growth for our youth players.

Subdividing the schools in tiers will allow for teams to compete closer to their levels of development, which is critical at the respective age. Many 'small schools' will now have a better chance of winning an increased number of matches and possibly titles.

This structure will, over time, improve the quality, readiness and maturity of players invited to the youth national teams. Our natural assets of athleticism will gradually be supplemented with deeper tactical nous, tactical appreciation and understanding.

There's no panacea for success, and whatever changes are determined by the ISSA will need time to be fully appreciated and accepted. The rewards at the national and international levels will also take time.

As we have already started a new year, I call on all readers to raise the level of your expectations, increase your commitment to the realisation of those expectations, increase your desires, and back them up with the requisite attitudes and work. Remember, dreams only work if you do; so, get on up and create the kind of year you truly and deeply desire. I give thanks for this opportunity to share, for the talents and numerous gifts with which I have been blessed, and I am thankful for all that awaits in 2018.

Editor's note: Andrew is a former national youth coach and the current

technical director of Genesis Football Academy and head coach

of Manchester High School.
                          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Just something to think on: On comparison with what holds now (many?) kids could move into professional clubs at 17 through school leaving ages? ...at clubs outside of the island?

*Important to note that joining a professional club outside of the island does not prevent academic advancement. Fact is, it could very well open avenues for such that would otherwise be difficult to access or indeed, be otherwise utterly unavailable.
                            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Here is a similar proposal made years before this one in full context!

THE BLUEPRINT: Improving Football in Jamaica (Part 3) – Re-structuring Schoolboy Football
                              super-cup-final-blue-graphic
                              This is part 3 of a 6 part series which details solutions to improving Jamaica’s Football.
                              The fact that Jamaica’s most marketable football product is played at the high school level is an indication of how deeply embedded the tradition of schoolboy football is within the Jamaican football culture. It also devalues senior club football on the island, presenting a warped view of our football product.
                              It will be difficult to find a football power that has a similar outlook on its football landscape.

Therefore, it is imperative that we realize that this current format of a three to four month season, involving over 100 schools, is unsuitable to achieving the goal of making Jamaica a top four football nation in the region.

In the top football countries across the world, the attachment of youth academies to club teams has been the tried and proven method to develop talent. But the presence of the current schoolboy football system as well as the financial woes of local clubs makes it very difficult to emulate that structure in Jamaica.

However, it can and should be contextually adapted with the JFF taking a lead role in making it happen.

The remainder of this article will detail a suitable alternative system.

A Change of Format
                              Firstly, schoolboy football must transform to a U-18 competition instead of the U-19 age limit it currently has. These older players should be competing at the U-21 and senior levels, rather than against 16, and sometimes 15 year olds, in order to better continue their development.

Secondly, a tiered system should be introduced with a selection of 16-20 schools across the island. These schools should be designated as academies with stringent regulation of their capacity as institutions participating in football development. This elite league would run for 8 months at the U-18 and U-16 age groups.

Currently, the season runs from September to early December and in 2015 there were 116 schools taking part (38 urban area, 78 rural area). So many teams, competing within such a short time frame, meant that 68 of the teams played a maximum of 10 games in a period of just over a month (first round).

Statistically, over 50% of the country’s U-19 footballers were in competition for a woefully short period of time. The players whose schools did advance also suffer from fixture congestion and other issues that do not help proper player development because of the short time frame of the competitions.

The presence of an elite league would allow 400-500 teenage players (25 man squads) to develop their games in one environment, with one coach, for an extended period of time. In addition, games should be played on the best surfaces available in Jamaica to ensure the quality of play on show, as has been done with the recent introduction of the FLOW Super Cup.

There would also be provisions for allowing the auxiliary support services mentioned in part 2, with ample time for strength training, psychological support etc.

The remaining schools would continue the September to December schedule of play with a few adjustments as well in order to benefit the participants. The competitions should be formatted to allow each team 10-12 games over a longer period of time (three months, as opposed to the current one month), allowing for increased training time which will help these players to develop.

This may mean cutting the number of teams allowed to take part in schoolboy football, or further stratification into a Division 1 and Division 2 scenario based on a compilation of results over a five- year period.

If players in schools with the unchanged season calendar are interested in continuing to play football throughout the rest of the school year, they will have opportunities to do so by joining their nearest U-21 club team (to be further explored in Part 6) to train and compete from January to April/May.

While this will not keep them in the same environment for the entire year, it will allow them to play up a level and compete with older players in another more structured environment than is currently the case as parish club leagues usually last two to three months presently.

Stakeholder Benefits
                              This new format would benefit a range of stakeholders as follows:

Players – will have ample time for training with most weeks only requiring teams to play one game. The less compressed time period would also benefit the student athletes in the classroom as they will not miss as much class time and will have ample time to complete homework assignments etc.

Coaches – will have more opportunity to impart their tactical vision of the game upon their charges, allowing them to better execute in game scenarios and better preparing players for matriculation to the senior league and into national teams.

Fans – similar to the FLOW Super Cup, the new Elite League format would ensure that the highest quality teams play against each other on a regular basis, creating exciting, close games between well supported teams.

Organisers – for the Elite League, with 8-10 games per week for 30+ weeks consisting of quality teams with large fan bases playing on quality surfaces, the value of the schoolboy football product would rise. Organisers (primarily ISSA and the JFF) would be able to benefit financially, attracting increased sponsorship as well as a steady stream of gate receipts which could possibly surpass the income generated by schoolboy football in its current state.

The JFF – this streamlined format now provides more clarity for the most important stage of the player development pathway. It provides a competitive environment during the absolutely crucial teenage years that is similar to those in more developed footballing nations. This would provide a more solid base for age group national squads and eventually the senior national team. The level of football education potential selectees are exposed to, would be higher.

Clubs – would be freed from the burden of having to support youth teams, allowing them to focus on maintaining only three teams (U-21, senior men and women’s – to be explored in more detail in part 6) with their resources.

In the name of development, we must be willing to sacrifice some things as we evolve the structure of football in Jamaica to reap benefits for the future. This could mean the end of the Manning, DaCosta, Ben Francis and Walker Cups as we know them, which are remnants of a bygone era.

If the goal is truly to achieve consistent top four status within the CONCACAF region and a perpetual place in the Hex round of World Cup qualifying, hard decisions like these must be taken to move with the times and design structures that are better suited to achieving that goal.

Comment

There is one overlooked area - The quality of coaches teaching our players. That quality is abominably low.

Let us face the fact that sending our players to teacher-coaches at our best clubs is currently a waste. The standard of teaching-coaching is woefully inadequate. Those teacher-coaches need to be replaced by well trained teacher-coaches - a) Train and improve those who can be improved; b) Introduce new better trained teacher-coaches; c) ...this naturally lends itself to weeding out and doing away with the poor teacher-coaches.

The above should also occur at the various junior downward to in all tiers of the school system.

On current standards of play in the clubs our top schoolboy teams should be able to defeat the very top club team. That would have our U-17 national team being better prepared and performing way better than the current top club team. Certainly that should be so to give that national team the opportunity of performing well at FIFA and other international competitions.

It should not be lost on us that young players are being introduced to first team at professional clubs in the top leagues at age 15+ through 21. Our 15+ through 21 year old players can and should be on or about par with such players but only if they are charges of very good teacher-coaches and play with much improved young players and in much improved quality competitions.

Comment

Working...
                                X