• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The guilty secret of the Titanic Violinist

Jock Hume was one of the famed band musicians on the Titanic in 1912
    Left mother of his child, Mary Costin, who was pregnant when he died
    But following a thorough investigation, more has been revealed about Jock
    Transpired that he fathered another child with a Jamaican waitress at roughly the exact same time
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-relative.html
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Interesting read!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Fantastic story!

I am a Titanic buff! I have done more than my fair share of research into the lives of those who were on the liner. I had no idea, even though I am not really surprised, that Jamaica was connected this closely to the tragedy.

I passed by the former Constant Spring Hotel building just two weeks ago and wondered how it looked inside. The still stately building graces a beautiful campus that is currently parched by the ongoing drought, but I couldn't help to imagine - to recreate it, as they did with the ship in the movie Titanic - how beautiful it must have been back in the day.

My thoughts will be on other things the next time I pass by.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Good read..
        Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Working...
        X