America: Where racism run di place

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• America: Where racism run di place

He Dropped One Letter In His Name While Applying For Jobs, And The Responses Rolled In
    The Huffington Post | By Cate Matthews

His name is José Zamora, and he had a routine.

During his months-long job search, he says he logged onto his computer every morning and combed the internet for listings, applying to everything he felt qualified for. In the Buzzfeed video above, he estimates that he sent out between 50 to 100 resumes a day -- which is, in a word, impressive.

But Zamora said he wasn't getting any responses, so on a hunch, he decided to drop the "s" in his name. José Zamora became Joe Zamora, and a week later, he says his inbox was full.
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

No...that would be Russia or China...

please...

Comment

No doubt.

But this article is about Amerika

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

No surprise, and black people encounter the same issues with names like Tamika, Jamal, Jasmin, Tyrone etc.
        Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

I didn't think Jasmin was a black name. Also, I know Tyrone is popular among blacks, but it is actually an Irish name. I got what you are saying however.
          "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Originally posted by Don1 View Post
            He Dropped One Letter In His Name While Applying For Jobs, And The Responses Rolled In
            The Huffington Post | By Cate Matthews

His name is José Zamora, and he had a routine.

During his months-long job search, he says he logged onto his computer every morning and combed the internet for listings, applying to everything he felt qualified for. In the Buzzfeed video above, he estimates that he sent out between 50 to 100 resumes a day -- which is, in a word, impressive.

But Zamora said he wasn't getting any responses, so on a hunch, he decided to drop the "s" in his name. José Zamora became Joe Zamora, and a week later, he says his inbox was full.
            This is a lesson not to give you children 'African only' names. Give them names from the Bible! Let the racists guess the race!
            The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Time View Post
              This is a lesson not to give you children 'African only' names. Give them names from the Bible! Let the racists guess the race!
              Yuh weak fi mek Babylon set yuh personal agenda

Comment

I'm sure you're not surprised by this......If you're Caucasian & male, the sky's the limit.
                ***There were 2 identical resumes submitted to an ivy league school for a teaching position, 1 was from a male & the other from a female. The male was offered the position at a much higher pay than the female, plus the possibility of a "fast track" promotion in a year.

Comment

real story... went to a restaurant in atlanta, couple weeks ago... my friend and i were talking about names and ethnicity... so i decided to ask the waiter and a few people if they knew any white ppl named tyrone...

of course it was somewhat uncomfortable at first but i managed to get them comfortable to talk about it... each person said they did not know of anyone white named tyrone... two ppl, the waiter and another gentleman with his kids said tyrone was a black name...

it was then i brought it to their attention that at one time 'tyrone' was associated with one of the biggest white holywood actor... tyrone power... (my grand mother would talk about him, like she spoke of jim reeves)... they were shocked... they vowed to look it up... the discussion made for an interesting evening of conversation with strangers... true story...
                  'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

In college, the one white person I knew named Tyrone, thought he was black. He had only black friends, dressed like them, listened to black and Caribbean music. A pretty kool kid he was.

He died tragically in college, maybe yet another...

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

We've been through this topic a couple times on this forum.

I am extremely disappointed that many of us believe we should whiten ourselves to survive.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

We are free to give kids any name that we please.
                        Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by Hortical View Post
                          We are free to give kids any name that we please.
                          Where this rank in the DUH Top 10 for 2014?!?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Tell me nuh? To be in denial of societies biases is anneda ting.

Comment

Originally posted by Hortical View Post
                              Tell me nuh? To be in denial of societies biases is anneda ting.
                              Denial?!?! Who is denying it?!?

Do you bleach your skin, Hortical? Sorry, let's not get personal. Answer this instead - what are your views on bleaching?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                              X