No announcement yet.

Is Thiery Henry retired from football?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Thiery Henry retired from football?

I may have missed the announcement.
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
    I may have missed the announcement.
    ...sure from 2 years before he departed My GUNNERS. ...from that time he has been just fooling around.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Reason why he is playing in the Retirement League.

Joke mi deh mek.
      I have every amount of respect for MLS as a young league.
      "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
        ...sure from 2 years before he departed My GUNNERS. ...from that time he has been just fooling around.
        Stop yuh noise Karl! Why you trying to rewrite history? Winning 7 trophies wid Barca is fooling around? Winning MLS Eastern Conference and Supporter's Shield (whatever that is) is fooling around?

Xuberant ... please hide yuh stash from Karl.
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
          Stop yuh noise Karl! Why you trying to rewrite history? Winning 7 trophies wid Barca is fooling around? Winning MLS Eastern Conference and Supporter's Shield (whatever that is) is fooling around?

Xuberant ... please hide yuh stash from Karl.
          No Lazie...that is called landing in the right place and padding one's resume.
          Similar to you being on the TEAM as upteen option and thus collecting a trophy without making one iota of contribution to the winning of those trophies.

...as to the MLS sojourns by these stars - Roy Keene, Henry, etc. ...while I have greatest of respect for what the USSF and MLS is accomplishing, I am not blinded to the reality of these aging stars having passed their best days and mostly making half-assed effort at being fully fit or at giving of the very best that they can give at this time during their winding down of careers.
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Similar to you being on the TEAM as upteen option and thus collecting a trophy without making one iota of contribution to the winning of those trophies.

...as to the MLS sojourns by these stars - Roy Keene, Henry, etc. ...while I have greatest of respect for what the USSF and MLS is accomplishing, I am not blinded to the reality of these aging stars having passed their best days and mostly making half-assed effort at being fully fit or at giving of the very best that they can give at this time during their winding down of careers.
            Madness Karl. How many EPL titles Arsenal win since Henry left? Let me know when you done count.

Contributing 19 league goals to a La Liga winning campaign and 6 goals to a UCL winning campaign out of 42 appearances is making an half assed effort? Know what get facts!

I know it the trend round here lately to talk without knowing the facts .... but good God man .... this is taking it to an extremely low level Karl. I suggest you quit this topic cause you not doing a good job bredren.
            Last edited by Karl; June 12, 2014, 11:03 AM.
            "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally Posted by Karl View Post

Madness Karl. How many EPL titles Arsenal win since Henry left? Let me know when you done count.

Contributing 19 league goals to a La Liga winning campaign and 6 goals to a UCL winning campaign out of 42 appearances is making an half assed effort? Know what get facts!

I know it the trend round here lately to talk without knowing the facts .... but good God man .... this is taking it to an extremely low level Karl. I suggest you quit this topic cause you not doing a good job bredren.

You do realize we are discussing Henry's playing days after 2005?
              If you are discarding that in trying to suggest he has been on or near the same level in quality since that 2004-2005 season...STOP!

How many trophies my GUNNERS won with him in the team after the 2005 FA Cup trophy? The grand total of those please? Don't be shy?

...a big fat ZERO!

Hah! ...as for the La Liga performances since he left the GUNNERS, care to break that down with comparison to number of matches in which his club was involved?

...as to MLS those figures would be great for our players...but for a once world top player in a league that is 3rd rate when compared to the EPL and La Liga, the less said the better.

Comment

You do realize we are discussing Henry's playing days after 2005?
                If you are discarding that in trying to suggest he has been on or near the same level in quality since that 2004-2005 season...STOP!

How many trophies my GUNNERS won with him in the team after the 2005 FA Cup trophy? The grand total of those please? Don't be shy?

...a big fat ZERO!

Hah! ...as for the La Liga performances since he left the GUNNERS, care to break that down with comparison to number of matches in which his club was involved?

...as to MLS those figures would be great for our players...but for a once world top player in a league that is 3rd rate when compared to the EPL and La Liga, the less said the better.
                Karl, you need to stop. The last time your side won anything prior to this season's FA Cup was when Henry was in the side. The fact a statue was built in his honor says a lot. After 2005 you said again .... As Rafa would say "FACT!!!"

Henry won La Liga in 08-09 and 09-10.
                Copa Del Rey 08-09
                UCL 08 -09
                Super Cup 2009

The man made 80 appearances for Barca scoring 35 goals.

Your after 2005 question was pointless. Unless in your world 2005 comes after 2009.

Comment

Okayyyyyyy then. Can someone answer my question?
                  Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Karl, you need to stop. The last time your side won anything prior to this season's FA Cup was when Henry was in the side. The fact a statue was built in his honor says a lot. After 2005 you said again .... As Rafa would say "FACT!!!"
                    You would not have me disagreeing with that fact. Henry WAS great up to and before 2005!!!
                    Arsenal fans voted him as Arsenal's greatest player ever

Two League titles, three FA Cups, four Golden Boots, five Player of the Year awards, two times runner's up FIFA Player of the Year Award (2003 & 2004) that all came before 2005.

...at 2005; IT ENDED!!!

The man made 80 appearances for Barca scoring 35 goals.
                    ...a match:goal ratio of .45!!!

How does that compare with the consistent TOP OF THE WORLD performances
                    1999-2005 Arsenal match:goal ratio 237 (144)= .61 rate?
                    Last edited by Karl; June 12, 2014, 12:08 PM.

Comment

I haven't heard about his retirement...perhaps someone else can clear that up?

Comment

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
                        Reason why he is playing in the Retirement League.

Joke mi deh mek.
                        I have every amount of respect for MLS as a young league.
                        No joke dat! Retirement league for him!
                        ...that is good business sense!

...all of US Soccer, MLS & Henry in win-win situation!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
                          Okayyyyyyy then. Can someone answer my question?
                          Not retired. Has a contract with Red Bull of MSL irregardless of the level of football

Comment

You would not have me disagreeing with that fact. Henry WAS great up to and before 2005!!!
                            Arsenal fans voted him as Arsenal's greatest player ever

Two League titles, three FA Cups, four Golden Boots, five Player of the Year awards, two times runner's up FIFA Player of the Year Award (2003 & 2004) that all came before 2005.

...at 2005; IT ENDED!!!

...a match:goal ratio of .45!!!

How does that compare with the consistent TOP OF THE WORLD performances

He was good enough to play for Barca a team GREATER than ... oh .. wait ... Arsenal not even great. Stop trying to disrespect the man Karl. He won the UCL at Barca, something Arsenal will never win.

Comment

He was good enough to play for Barca a team GREATER than ... oh .. wait ... Arsenal not even great. Stop trying to disrespect the man Karl. He won the UCL at Barca, something Arsenal will never win.
                              Will never win?
                              Yuh a gwaan jus lacka di man weh rite di Blog Mosiah pose...

Comment

Working...
                              X