X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jamaida: The next singapore..

https://youtu.be/RiazRBXRZ-8
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Interesting (however flawed) analysis from a Babylon source. Lots to quibble about the guy's perspectives but... who cares about the 1960s//1970s//1980s etc now? - Those periods just offer lessons to learn from and improve to meet 21st century challenges

Re JA becoming "the next Singapore" at the moment that's a fantasy. JA can have a big logistics business and gain dividends from its strategic location...no doubt. But the constraints that limit the economic multipliers trickling down to the needy classes from a logistics hub etc are ENORMOUS:

1. A backward and corrupt JLPNP political class where "nationalism" is defined as that which supports one's party and its cronies. These folks thrive on division and not first creating and uniting around a generally agreed national development agenda to work towards

2. A backward and corrupt business/elite class which is largely unable to drive 21st century innovation. These folks fund/control the JLPNP agendas and are mainly interested in the easiest path to short term profits which they use to live a so-called "American lifestyle" while mindlessly surrounded by an ocean of squalor & deprivation

3. A backward and corrupt middle class which aspires to live like the aforementioned business/elite class -- Basically the DNA here is that of selfish & grubby dummies willing even to support criminality - as long as it enables their agenda. There are past & present examples of this type represented on this forum. I recall one of them stating to the effect that he's not concerned with anyone else except himself & family. I guess that may include the party he supports also. Typical thinking for this backward group

4. The 70% of folks at the bottom of the economic ladder are the victims of the classes above... i.e. Mere pawns used to advance their various agendas. Used, abused and disposed as need be

So logistics hubs, tourism etc are useful to improve JA's prospects and drive some (shallow) economic development. However to become "the next Singapore" is not merely or even mainly an "economic problem" to be solved by economic policy.

JA needs to fix its MASSIVE socio-political problems before it can create a springboard to real development. They're many inputs required for this mission. The most important input is not improving infrastructure. The #1 input:

MASSIVELY UPGRADING EDUCATION TO 21st CENTURY STANDARDS - This will empower the bottom 70% with modern work-ready and business-ready skills including CRITICAL THINKING - enabling better choices and more opportunities.

This will eventually enable the reduction of the oppression orchestrated by their "betters" ...

TOOT!! TOOT!! All Aboarddddddddd!!
    Last edited by Don1; January 29, 2020, 12:05 PM.
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Good points,but I sense internal and external pressure to finally deal with corruption will be the nail in the coffin to finally let us deal with our ignorance, be it greed for self or party.It will force us to own up to alot of our shortcomings. As I see it these faults are intrinsically linked to corruption.

If we cant deal with it,it will be as you say.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir X View Post
        Good points,but I sense internal and external pressure to finally deal with corruption will be the nail in the coffin to finally let us deal with our ignorance, be it greed for self or party.It will force us to own up to alot of our shortcomings. As I see it these faults are intrinsically linked to corruption.

If we cant deal with it,it will be as you say.
        Wake me up when the JLPNP Complex establishes order in JA and corruption is reduced to a tolerable level. The corruption and criminality are ingrained in their DNA.

So it's like expecting a fox to raise baby chickens
        TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

That's why I believe its imperative the JLP get another term,if Holness cant do it after two terms,then after that ,the only thing left is apathy to the point of revolution.

I can't see people falling for the same curry goat / chicken back / zinc fence politricks,all the cards would have been played,because if this young man or young blood cant offer something new,then what or who can ?

Comment

Working...
          X