Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peter R..some FB commentary on Mrs Holmes & Mr Cummings

...today

Yvonne McCalla Sobers commented on David Burke's post in WHAT DID BLUE DO FOR YOU?

David Burke
    I don't think 30 years past will matter if her brain is still in tact. One of the hallmarks of a good teacher is that innate love that he/her has for "the student".
    I remember seeing Mr. Cummings December 2010 in Sovereign Centre and he looked at me and tapped his fingers on his head (alternately in rapid succession) and then said "Mr. Burke how are you". Crazy! So I'm sure if we "rattle" Mrs. Holmes' brain a bit, she will remember Anthony.

After all she was our "1 Musgrave" form teacher and she taught us TQLR (Tune In, Question, Listen, Review ). I must have missed the post where you mentioned which home she is in. Please let me know, as I too would love to see her and see if there is anything I could do to make her more comfortable in her twilight years.
    6 minutes ago · Privacy:
    Fredrick Chin and 3 others like this.

David Burke Well I just called the Home to find out how Mrs. Holmes was doing and what she might need and guess what????? the receptionist promptly said "hold for her". Well the fantastic news is that her brain is in tact and she sounds exactly the same way.

She was very cheerful and asked what I was doing, my full name and said there are no special visiting hours and that I could visit her at any time. I gave her greetings on behalf of the group and she sends her love and greetings back.

She then asked if I was in Jamaica, what I did for a living and then (eagerly it seems) asked when I planned to visit her. I promised that it would be before the end of the week. I plan (God's willing) to keep that promise.

I then asked her if there was anything at all I could take for her on my visit and she said there was nothing she could think of because the
    home provides for them quite well. I guess I will just have to use my
    initiative.

While talking to her though, my mind rushed back to my very first "Achievement Day", where parents met with the teachers to discuss the progress of their sons. After some good reviews, Mrs. Holmes just smiled and said to my mom "Burke is a nature boy". Well neither I nor my mom had a clue what she meant, but because it was intertwined with the good reviews we both thought it had to be something good. Well I just googled it and wikipedia states:-

"Nature Boy" is a song by Eden Ahbez, published in 1947. The song tells a fantasy of a "strange enchanted
    boy... who wandered very far" only to learn that "the greatest thing...
    was just to love and be loved in return"...................... I guess she figured from then that I had already figured it out (or would eventually). Nat King cole did a song with that title .
    I will keep you all up to date after the visit.
    See More
    32 minutes ago via · 1 person

Sydney Murray
    Well done David Burke and thank you Yvonne McCalla Sobers for planting this seed by providing the contact to Mrs. Holmes. It is already bearing fruit.
    10 minutes ago

Yvonne McCalla Sobers
    Well done, David Burke. I am glad to be instrumental in this show of love to Mrs Holmes.
    6 minutes ago
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

They're both in JA?... Is Mr Cummings who we used to call "mighty mouse"? Maths teacher?
    Peter R

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
      They're both in JA?... Is Mr Cummings who we used to call "mighty mouse"? Maths teacher?
      im same one... still deh bout it seems
      TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Working...
      X