So the PNP killed the SoEs? I guess they

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So the PNP killed the SoEs? I guess they

don't appreciate the continuous reduction in murders. By the way, since when are they better at crime fighting than those in law enforcement?
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Isn't this political suicide?

Comment

Originally posted by OJ View Post
      Isn't this political suicide?
      Hearing a woman crying on NNN last night, I was wondering if it was an own goal.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

it's actually a good move by the PNP...it's just terrible timing...they had JLP on the ropes with the unfolding Petrojam scandal...why not wait until May to vote against the SOE & keep hitting JLP on Petrojam & human rights violations of the SOE detainees in the meantime...now they have squandered any goodwill received from the Petrojam affair...everybody gonna be focusing on them being the cause of more bloodshed...whoever is advising PNP is clueless...
        Last edited by Bricktop; December 13, 2018, 07:23 AM.

Comment

Suh mi seeit tuh. In fact the pr to deal with that ‘hit wicket’ moment has begun. http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/l...rease-st-james

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Bwaay Bricky.. Gulp 100% agree. They made some good points ie human rights etc. but timing, timing. If made for principle as opposed to political reasons then they had better be willing to wear it. The half had not yet been told on Petroscam.

Comment

Maybe it's a trick concieved by both,the Petro scandal involves both parties getting caught with their hands in the cookie jar,so distraction is the name of the game.
              THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Trevor Munroe speaks:

A Scandal of Historic Proportions? (Smile Jamaica…: https://youtu.be/rsrQsR-xc_Q

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

I do t listen anything he says .... him and integrity should not be in the same article ....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Suh man caan atone for his sins and seek redemption ?

If he can't then cast them all in the fiyah,or yuh reserve it for a special individual of a particular tribe!

Comment

I don’t think the forensic audit of petrojam will be kind to the pnp. Secondly the human rights argument is a false argument. You can argue that we in the US and CANADA has had much of our civil liberties curtailed since 9/11 so change is not going to come without sacrifice. This decision is about the opposition cannot allow The incumbent to improve the crime problem as the comrades will not be elected anytime soon if that happens.

Comment

yeah we all know the human rights thing is foolishness & that petrojam has been the feeding tree for every administration regardless of party affiliation...but speaking from a strict political strategy standpoint PNP had the upper hand & blew it...they should have milked the petrojam thing for a couple more months...no audit results will be forthcoming for at least a year or more...right now they look stupid to vote against SOE...the SOE in Kingston isn't even a couple months old & they voted down extension of that one too...so their claim about using the SOE too long is clearly a hollow one..

Comment

But I think they panic because Holness turn it around by owning it and saying I am honing to act on the AD Reccomendations. People are going to pay back money civilly and we ‘re comma have a forensic audit. actually I think Andrew can come out smelling roses on this .

Comment

you can seek redemption but that doesn't make you the best voice to speak on integrity.

People will question if he is transformed or just the same. Can you blame them?
                            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Brazil Petro bas, Trinidad Petrotrin, Singapore etc. We are lucky they are not going back to 2007 with Trafigura.

My question is why is Paulwell always the head of these troubled ministries?
                              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
                              X