Is Sergio Aguero the best striker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Sergio Aguero the best striker

In the Premiership era? I am leaning towards that conclusion. He's been the most consistent striker throughout the years. What makes him special is that he is not only a great finisher but he also creates his own goals out of nothing.
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Better than Alan Shearer? ... wait you said creates ... out of nothing? Better than TH14?
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

TH14 was a winger who scored a lot of goals. Alan Shearer is up there also Harry Kane. Harry Kane surprised me in the Wolves match. I didn't know that he had such a sweet left foot shot.
      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
        TH14 was a winger who scored a lot of goals. Alan Shearer is up there also Harry Kane. Harry Kane surprised me in the Wolves match. I didn't know that he had such a sweet left foot shot.
        Wenger moved Th14 from the wing and used him as his main striker ....didn't he? Hold on .... I rate Kun, but I rate Th14, Rooney (yes I said it) and Shearer ahead of Kun.
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

only Van Nestaroy can compete with him in the 18 yard box. If you keep him outside the 18 he is not as effective but inside he is deadly.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I would say a good striker but not the best. Of the 22 two that started yesterday (saw ist half only) none of them can win the CL. Ask yourself why Alisson stopped Kun from scoring late in the second half, matter of fact pay attention to Kun's goal. Boss at the elite level it's all about decisions with half chances.

Mane should have scored that quick release from Salah. One control and turn and the defender was behind Mane (liked the one two with Salah and Firm). BTW Kompany made the same tackle on Jesus in the WC (which connected) in the box. No penalty not to mention card (tells you something about the WC)

Kudos to Ferno, he had a hell of a game. Sane is Sane we laugh about Sane in my house. Sane scored because he is not afraid to miss. I watched Sane missed two free kicks and showed up to take a third Sterling is worried about missing.

Now speaking of decisions; I would like for Manu to get Brandt. Brandt's decisions are top shelf, the balls flow from him effortlessly. With that defensive that Manu had against Klopp one can build a champion team from. Brandt plays the type of ball that Salah used to slice City's defence to Mane. Brandt is more consistent with those balls. Sallah has to show up more if he wants to be considered world class.
            Last edited by Jawge; January 4, 2019, 01:51 PM.

Comment

Should be of the 20 and not 22 minus the goalies.

Comment

Cant imagine you write all this and not one word about the saviour Jesus.

Yuh slipping up King. C'mon now.
                The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

HL come on you know Jesus is an elite balla. I tell you this when I meet with a Arsenal fan (even introduced me to a close relative of Sterling) He says the only real Top notch balla city has is Jesus. It's amazing how so many people who are not a city fan, rate Jesus. Won't even tell you about my Italian friend, who to this day thinks the Brazilians ripped inter off by selling them Gabigol and not Jesus. Granted before he saw Jesus and I told him of Jesus; he gave me a parable "Jawgie in Brazil when you come to buy a player they tell the opposing team let him score a lot of goals, you then sign this player who can't play in Italy. When he saw Jesus oh my. Now he thinks the Inter was ripped off.

Vinny still wants Jesus to play in Italy. HL Jesus is world class, Jesus is City's only hope of winning the CL believe it or not. Why don't you guys sell him to Manu

Comment

Everybody has a set eediat fans. Jesse Lingard has a set of fans who calls him Messi Lingard. Jesus is not world class.....yet.

Comment

Elite player but not as good as Sergio! He will never be in his class.You have to wonder about a man who uses layperson's opinions or his friends and acquaintances and present them as facts ?

Semantics can't hide such idiocy.

The reality is Jesus was a bench warmer in City's game of the season,this would move all under the sun to question why,a logical conclusion should follow.

Sergio is one of the best strikers in the prem by extension the world,when healthy all others have to make way for him,to put it bluntly sit on the bench.
                      Last edited by Sir X; January 5, 2019, 06:12 AM.
                      THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Sergio is good when fit but he spend an awful lot of time off the field with injury then it takes him 3 or 4 games to get back on his game. Remember not so log ago Man City was talking about selling him?

He is currently better than Jesus but injury has cut in his time on the field.
                        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
                        X