Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The great Hickking: RIP hero !

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/n...kling-has-died

They left out he believed it has nothing to do with ganja, moreso the legacy of slavery,furthermore ganja should be looked into as possible therapy

Waaaaay before his time. Between him,Maxwell ,Manley , and Chevanes, they are some of the jamaicans I would put on my list as national heroes.
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

so great you spelled his name wrong

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
      so great you spelled his name wrong

Thanks Brick, I can always count on your knit picking to discredit, you never fail to amaze me.

Mi rate yuh,believe me when mi say suh.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

He boldly said, ‘I’m representing the mad people of the world’.”

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/l...-mental-health

Comment

Originally posted by Sir X
          http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/n...kling-has-died

They left out he believed it has nothing to do with ganja, moreso the legacy of slavery,furthermore ganja should be looked into as possible therapy

Waaaaay before his time. Between him,Maxwell ,Manley , and Chevanes, they are some of the jamaicans I would put on my list as national heroes.
          This half idiot built a career on the premise that the prevalence of mental illness in a country is 70%?. He bacame a tenured professor in his field of psychiatry?. Thats laughable. In a normal country he would have been struck from the registry and chased out of town. Its more like he is a 70% idiot. Smh.

Comment

You know not of which you speak. If professor Hickling is a half idiot then you're approaching negative infinity on the intellectual scale. Unfortunately for you those with with knowledge od the subject both home and abroad would disagree.

Comment

Really if he summarizes that mental illness is 70 % in Jamaica, what about those who argue that racism in America should be classified as a mental illness and those that argue against it because of its high prevelance, greater than 70 % would seem fair given the institutionalizing of this mindset; gauranteed to be handed down to generations given Trumpism.

Hickling made a compelling case that the abnormal levels of aggression is a mental disorder linked to slavery, 70 % seems like a fair number, given our compulsion for aggression in percieved minor issues. Heck look at how we argue amongst ourselves on this forum. I fear if we were to in person, some of us would draw blood.

Article 1
              https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/pdf...36504214558213

Article 2
              https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/b...mental-illness

Article 3
              https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1071634/

Comment

Originally posted by Sir X View Post
                Really if he summarizes that mental illness is 70 % in Jamaica, what about those who argue that racism in America should be classified as a mental illness and those that argue against it because of its high prevelance, greater than 70 % would seem fair given the institutionalizing of this mindset; gauranteed to be handed down to generations given Trumpism.

Hickling made a compelling case that the abnormal levels of aggression is a mental disorder linked to slavery, 70 % seems like a fair number, given our compulsion for aggression in percieved minor issues. Heck look at how we argue amongst ourselves on this forum. I fear if we were to in person, some of us would draw blood.

Article 1
                https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/pdf...36504214558213

Article 2
                https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/b...mental-illness

Article 3
                https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1071634/
                X are we talking about racism in America or mental illness in Jamaica?. Name me one disease, physical or mental that has a 70% prevalence in any country, ethnic group, continent, school, church, religion........
                That would mean more that 2M Jamaicans have some form of clinical mental disease.
                Dont make a damn idiot turn you into a fool. Think for yourself X. It makes no sense.

Comment

In any flu season up to 70 % of the population is exposed to the flu virus with different outcomes . Doctors are now predicting that before this is done 70% of the population will get the Corona virus.
                  There are certain things within our(Jamaican) psyche which are clearly not the norm. Hickling postulates certain reasons for this . You should read some more.
                  Not to worry you are clearly in the 30% sane category.

Comment

Name one , yuh mean how many , depression , bipolar, schizophrenic , psychotic aggression, impulsive aggression etc etc . Its amazing how some of us can dismiss racism as an american or western problem without realizing that Jamaica spent 400 years enslaved in that system and are still in it post colonialism economically. Thats a classic sign of mental illness , denial and projection e.g its not that we have a psych disorder but those who point it out are the psychos i.e idiots (Hickling). Institutionalize racism isnt reserved for America or Europe, it thrives in Jamaica on the platform of classism. Brick proves this everyday, its the legacy of 400 years of British racist rule, we see it in our laws and distribution of judgement when those laws are carried out. The classic is the ganja laws, where an uptown youth can burn a spliff freely with a simple reprimand and a downtown youth can be executed for same spliff use (self hate).

How in the world can anyone argue those residual effects of enslavement, colonialism not have an effect on our mental psychic. If the oppressor was/is classified as having a mental disorder,how can the oppressed not have residual effects at an astronomical proportion?

Skin bleaching an alarming problem in the african community and skin lightening behavior (SBSLB) is shown to be psychological misorientation mental disorder, how would you classify mental bleaching as in your case ? (self hate again)

Doc tek back yuh chat,gi Hickling im ratings !
                    Last edited by Sir X; May 10, 2020, 04:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudi View Post
                      In any flu season up to 70 % of the population is exposed to the flu virus with different outcomes . Doctors are now predicting that before this is done 70% of the population will get the Corona virus.
                      There are certain things within our(Jamaican) psyche which are clearly not the norm. Hickling postulates certain reasons for this . You should read some more.
                      Not to worry you are clearly in the 30% sane category.
                      So 7 out of 10 Jamaicans have mental diseases!?. Three out of 10 Jamaicans are normal?.
                      If that were the case, the he never knew how to make the diagnosis on mental illness. He was probably defining normal people as mentally ill and mentally ill people as normal. That would make the prevalence of mental illness in Jamaica 30%, which is of itself totally unrealistically high. This is not even supported by anecdote let alone scientific evidence. A physician who practices without evidence is called a QUACK, X.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir X View Post
                        Name one , yuh mean how many , depression , bipolar, schizophrenic , psychotic aggression, impulsive aggression etc etc . Its amazing how some of us can dismiss racism as an american or western problem without realizing that Jamaica spent 400 years enslaved in that system and are still in it post colonialism economically. Thats a classic sign of mental illness , denial and projection e.g its not that we have a psych disorder but those who point it out are the psychos i.e idiots (Hickling). Institutionalize racism isnt reserved for America or Europe, it thrives in Jamaica on the platform of classism. Brick proves this everyday, its the legacy of 400 years of British racist rule, we see it in our laws and distribution of judgement when those laws are carried out. The classic is the ganja laws, where an uptown youth can burn a spliff freely with a simple reprimand and a downtown youth can be executed for same spliff use (self hate).

How in the world can anyone argue those residual effects of enslavement, colonialism not have an effect on our mental psychic. If the oppressor was/is classified as having a mental disorder,how can the oppressed not have residual effects at an astronomical proportion?

Skin bleaching an alarming problem in the african community and skin lightening behavior (SBSLB) is shown to be psychological misorientation mental disorder, how would you classify mental bleaching as in your case ? (self hate again)

Doc tek back yuh chat,gi Hickling im ratings !
                        I hope you are not equating rebellion against an oppressive ststem with mental disease. In that case Sam Sharp, Paul Bogle, Theee Finger Jack etc were all mad men. This is exactly how the oppressors described them and hoped that others would preceive them as. Dont drink to Flavour Aide, X. Seventy percent of Jamaicans dont need medication or a psychiatrist/psychologist.

Comment

Originally posted by Reggaedoc View Post
                          I hope you are not equating rebellion against an oppressive ststem with mental disease. In that case Sam Sharp, Paul Bogle, Theee Finger Jack etc were all mad men. This is exactly how the oppressors described them and hoped that others would preceive them as. Dont drink to Flavour Aide, X. Seventy percent of Jamaicans dont need medication or a psychiatrist/psychologist.

How in the world did you reach that conclusion, I said if our oppressors have a mental disorder called racism which governed our Island for 400 years of enslavement plus post enslavement into colonialism,post colonialism into neoliberal IMF/Worldbank capitalism ; for anyone to think or pronounce that we would walk away from that experience with out a high % of the masses suffering psychological damage, must themselves be exhibiting mental illness.

I will add to directly address your deflective point( smoke screen),because the aforementioned freedom fighters fought that mental disorder called racism,it doesnt not mean it didnt leave scars on them or their ancestors.

Comment

Originally posted by Reggaedoc View Post
                            Rdoc the self-hate in Black people which is the key and lasting outcome of our experience with Babylon has been researched and established as a science-driven fact for decades. This psychological basis, profile and real life impacts of this mental disease were documented by Fanon as far back as the 1950s.

Fanon of course is one of the world's most significant thinkers in psychology. In the psychology of Black and other people oppressed by Europeans he's preeminent. This is not an area of research supported by Babylon. Again of course, because of Fanon's background as a radical Black psychologist, the Babylon Shitstem ignores, deflects or downplays his scientific work.

Doubtless this is the reason his great body of work is ignored in Babylon's "great universities" AKA Propaganda Factories. It's too disturbing to the Babylon Order to be given any exposure...consequently many are ignorant of Fanon's work and its profound meaning. This ignorance of Fanon's work is near total among Black folks

I was fortunate to read and study his seminal work - The Wretched of The Earth - and other related publications in secondary school and have been a fan since. Consequently I don't require the validation of Babylon theories nor their schooling to overstand this fundamentally critical area

All Black people have varying degrees of the self-hate/mental programming i.e. the mental disease Fanon established in his research. When we understand that and use that framework in objective analysis of our many issues and our relationship with the Babylon Shitstem it's absolutely liberating.

We then become more resistant to falling for the many traps Babylon sets to distort our thinking in a fashion favorable to their agenda...i.e. self-hate which has been a prime mission of Babylon to inculcate in Black people for many centuries. When Black folks realize this and shift our thinking to a reality-based framework - only then do we have a shot at group progress.

Individual Black people can progress now...but not our collective as we're brainwashed into a self-replicating group inferiority by our thinking and related practices.

There is no "medication" for this mental disease. Information and explanation leading to understanding is the only cure. Selah
                            Last edited by Don1; May 10, 2020, 10:38 AM.
                            TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Don1 View Post
                              Rdoc the self-hate in Black people which is the key and lasting outcome of our experience with Babylon has been researched and established as a science-driven fact for decades. This psychological basis, profile and real life impacts of this mental disease were documented by Fanon as far back as the 1950s.

Fanon of course is one of the world's most significant thinkers in psychology. In the psychology of Black and other people oppressed by Europeans he's preeminent. This is not an area of research supported by Babylon. Again of course, because of Fanon's background as a radical Black psychologist, the Babylon Shitstem ignores, deflects or downplays his scientific work.

Doubtless this is the reason his great body of work is ignored in Babylon's "great universities" AKA Propaganda Factories. It's too disturbing to the Babylon Order to be given any exposure...consequently many are ignorant of Fanon's work and its profound meaning. This ignorance of Fanon's work is near total among Black folks

I was fortunate to read and study his seminal work - The Wretched of The Earth - and other related publications in secondary school and have been a fan since. Consequently I don't require the validation of Babylon theories nor their schooling to overstand this fundamentally critical area

All Black people have varying degrees of the self-hate/mental programming i.e. the mental disease Fanon established in his research. When we understand that and use that framework in objective analysis of our many issues and our relationship with the Babylon Shitstem it's absolutely liberating.

We then become more resistant to falling for the many traps Babylon sets to distort our thinking in a fashion favorable to their agenda...i.e. self-hate which has been a prime mission of Babylon to inculcate in Black people for many centuries. When Black folks realize this and shift our thinking to a reality-based framework - only then do we have a shot at group progress.

Individual Black people can progress now...but not our collective as we're brainwashed into a self-replicating group inferiority by our thinking and related practices.

There is no "medication" for this mental disease. Information and explanation leading to understanding is the only cure. Selah
                              All that talk is fine if you are talking to youself. None of that is included in the DSM. This is a psychiatrist stating a disease prevalence. Its not a debate or a guidelines committee. So what, a physician is free tomorrow to wake up and say as of today anybody I see with a blood pressure of greater than 90 systolic I am gonna call him hypertensive or anybody with a blood glucose of greater than 50 I am gonna call a diabetic. Then I could take it up on myself to say the prevalence of high blood pressure and diabetes in the population is 100%. That is not how medicine work Don. The man is a quack. I have been following him since I was in my teens and knew his reasoning was flawed then and its sad that he died without sorting out his own delusion. What is even more troubling is that he has left a multitude of desciples. Sad indeed. Seventy percent of Jamaicans have clinical mental disease/illness?. What a jackass.

Comment

Working...
                              X