Port Royal cruise port secures first ship call

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Port Royal cruise port secures first ship call

Port Authority of Jamaica, PAJ, is already promoting Port Royal as a cruise port and has booked at least one vessel which will make its first call at the historic town almost a year from now.

The Discovery 2, operated by Marella Cruises, will visit on January 20, 2020.

To preserve the sunken city that is part of Port Royal’s 500 years of colourful and tragic history as a pirate haunt, the Port Authority will install a floating pier to facilitate cruise ship calls. The agency told the Financial Gleaner that the Seawalk pier to be supplied by Cruise Ventures is scheduled to arrive in Jamaica by February 28.

In the meantime, the Port Authority is promoting the port as a new cruise destination at trade shows and in cruise industry media. Marella has already added Port Royal to its listings.
    http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/b...-floating-pier
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Just when I was wondering if Bartlett was a for real on this one.

Good work. Good to see it is been sold as Bartlett say it is a lot of work selling but it will pay off.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

It will work-- if the government stays out of the operation.
      The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/AndrewHolne...zNDcxODAyNTc5/
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
        X