Wap Dem Again Anju

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wap Dem Again Anju

Mi tell them long time say HEART is a good way to start this thing but them too bright to understand the thing. Huge step, not only will they learn coding but the will also get jobs and experience.

Big up mi friend Dr. Janet Dyer. Respect to all who is involved.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Thousands Of Young People To Be Trained As Software Developers

Thousands of young Jamaicans will be trained as software developers to create cutting-edge technologies through the Amber HEART Coding Academy.

The academy, which was officially launched yesterday by Prime Minister Andrew Holness, is a partnership between the HEART NSTA/Trust and the Amber Group, in collaboration with the Housing, Opportunity, Production and Employment (HOPE) Programme and the Art of Living Foundation.

Holness said that the coding academy will significantly improve the employability of citizens, particularly the nation’s youth, and serve as the catalyst for a new age of digital transformation locally.

He noted that the development of the academy is the first step in creating a coding industry in the country, which will position Jamaica as a technological leader in the region.

“The services that you could provide as a result of this is incredible; the benefits, exponential. It will create a totally new industry, providing new opportunities for young Jamaicans,” he noted.

Founder and CEO of the Amber Group, Dushyant Savadia, said that software development continues to be the fastest-growing sector in the world.

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/l...are-developers
      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

This is a positive step spearheaded by a private group. Clearly government has no capability in this area...as I’ve discovered...and needs its hand held.

Some years ago the previous Minister of Education appointed a STEM Education Coordinator and assigned the asset to work with me. I was shocked to discover that their knowledge base in the field was ZERO. I spent much of the following 2 years teaching her the disciplines and introducing her to solution providers I liked and knew were appropriate for JA. She learned well and was effective but received paltry support which limited her effectiveness. That’s typical government 🥱

Learning to code post secondary school is useful. I understand neophytes who don’t have a workforce development background getting excited by this worthwhile project. However if JA is to move the needle significantly in coding or any other scitech field - waiting until post secondary years for training will help somewhat but is totally insufficient. Kids must be exposed to the discipline from primary or even basic school level and continue through secondary and tertiary education to enable strong skills able to compete globally. That will get my props.

Fortunately JA has the example and experience of the 1000+ students in 50 schools participating in our robotics project which includes coding. Getting kids excited about and assimilating technology skills at 12 years old is already happening. Raise that to 20 thousand kids/year over interrelated programs and JA could have a shot at moving the development needle significantly.
        TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

this is foolishness...can't compare to my program...the program that i came up with...i tried to teach the government but they were too stupid to understand...they're not as smart as me...my program is far superior...the one i came up with...me...me...me...i know nobody has ever heard of or seen even a glimpse of a news bulletin on such a program...& to be honest it probably doesn't exist...but what really matters is ME ME ME...
          Last edited by Bricktop; January 16, 2021, 07:42 AM.

Comment

HEART has always worked as a private/public partnership. Companies come and tell them what they need and they model the training according. The company then provide then help with some of the finances and work experience. HEART has the experience in running Academy and training kids hard and soft skills. HEART is not just for kids who didn't get 4 subjects but for kids who don't have the opportunities for some reason or another. Nothing new here, this is the way they work with hotels, German mechanic school, the bauxite company and other institutions because they know the ability that HEART have to provide life training and education up to 4 year degrees.

If this is success, it will be repeated island wide. Wish them luck.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

plus you have real actors in the space doing real things https://www.hallsoflearning.com/about not puffing up dem chest on the innernet wit a bag a hot air...yap yap yap yap yap

Comment

Wap dem again Dummy!

LOL. The Dummy Deportee has recovered from the meltdown of his hero "Donald"

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

Diptop clearly has comprehension problems or is just a liar

Bricktop;610994]this is foolishness...can't compare to my program...the program that i came up with...i
                  D1 re the subject project -

"This is a positive step spearheaded by a private group"
                  "this worthwhile project"

I tried to teach the government but they were too stupid to understand
                  JLPNP Governments are indeed relatively hopeless when it comes to innovation in education. They have to be led as is the case with this project. Hero-worship of politicians is for Dummies

...they're not as smart as me...my program is far superior...the one i came up with...me...me...me...i
                  If you say so Since you spend nuff time carousing with mass murderers like Dudus that makes you an expert no doubt
                  I know nobody has ever heard of or seen even a glimpse of a news bulletin on such a program...& to be honest it probably doesn't exist...but what really matters is ME ME ME...
                  Yep it's all a mirage. Doesn't exist. Vaporware
                  Last edited by Don1; January 16, 2021, 12:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X