‘Coronation Market’ concept for Lakes Pen venture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ‘Coronation Market’ concept for Lakes Pen venture

Gassan Azan, the businessman behind the planned $11-billion Lakes Pen agricultural project, wants to integrate a farmer’s market in the venture as a retail hub that would replicate Coronation Market in downtown Kingston.

Azan has already earmarked 75 per cent of the 100 acres he has acquired from the Government to greenhouses, orchards and open fields for the farming operation. The remaining 25 per cent of the land could be utilised for a processing facility and, possibly, a farmers’ market for the buying and selling of fruits and vegetables produced on the lands.

“Right now, a lot of people in Kingston go to the Coronation Market every week to shop. It’s filthy, it’s unhygienic, it’s unsafe, etc, etc … so if we could create a market out in Lakes Pen, where we have the best available agro-produce in Jamaica, I think that we could get a lot of people to come and shop there,” the businessman said.

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/b...es-pen-venture
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

yes at the same time clean up Coronation Market. If Kingston is going to grow tourism this market must be a good stop, Just like the Bull Ring in Birmingham and other markets.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Foolishness yuh a talk Sass. For some people they can't envision why tourists would want to go to a foreign country's local produce market. No beach no deh deh.
      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Lakes Pen venture could be a game changer for agribusiness

Businessman Gassan Azan has described his Lakes Pen high-tech agricultural venture as a potential game changer for both the individual household consumer as well as for the agro-processing industry.

“A significant portion of the venture's output will be marketed through the MegaMart chain. The tourism sector is also being targeted, with the objective of reducing the imports of agricultural products consumed in the nation's hotels,” he said.

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/busin...2?profile=1056

Comment

yeah it is about the experience. All the uptowner can come but they don't see why others want to have the experience.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

i go to markets when I travel....

Comment

Working...
            X