RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One BASIC (major) step in playing good football is..........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One BASIC (major) step in playing good football is..........

...playing on a good surface. This includes (artificial) field turf.

I need to discuss this with Cap'n Burrell wvbs.

That hard, bumpy, dusty uneven fields make for bad football. That a minimum standard must be set for playng surface.

I heard that a certain team went overseas to play. The players spent most of their time admiring the quality surface that they were about to play on...................
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Even a regular field in a a park in Anytown, Canada (which I'm famialiar with)is better than most of what we see evn in T&T which is not that bad. Actually, their mini-stadia here are getting a facelift in preparation for the womens U17 WC in Sep.

There was a field in Toronto called Eglinton Flats I used to play on.... if it rained in the daytime they wouldn't allow any games to be played that evening...talk about being strict... but the fields were always pristine.
    Peter R

Comment

Yes sir PR!!

I'ts amazing to see the quality fields at the even the junior high level....

Local community pitches are well kempt too.

This is not difficult to impart AND APPLY locally.

(wait a second PR...i 'ave a call comin' in).

"ello"

"HL!!...Horace Burrell here...waddup star?"

"Wait Horace--you want see a juss call you name enuh. Look a gats to talk to you about local football pich.........."

HL

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post
        ...playing on a good surface. This includes (artificial) field turf.

I need to discuss this with Cap'n Burrell wvbs.

That hard, bumpy, dusty uneven fields make for bad football. That a minimum standard must be set for playng surface.

I heard that a certain team went overseas to play. The players spent most of their time admiring the quality surface that they were about to play on...................

HL weh u get captain numba from , give me ah private message wid it .
        mi call jff nuff time and talk with horace reid and di wonderful ladies but
        annuh dem mi want chat tuh , I met captain Burrell in the suttun place
        hotel during the 1997 WC qualfier with mexico .
        Jamaica you mite get a Petroleum well with
        United Oil by 1.31.26;You also has a NNPC option with the Abuja accord from 2022.What
        happens then I don't know.A Petrol Well is
        Probably forthcoming...

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post
          Yes sir PR!!

I'ts amazing to see the quality fields at the even the junior high level....

Local community pitches are well kempt too.

This is not difficult to impart locally.

(wait a second PR...i 'ave a call comin' in).

"ello"

"HL!!...Horace Burrell here...waddup star?"

"Wait Horace--you want see a juss call you name enuh. Look a gats to talk to you about local football pich.........."
          when yu talk with captain tell him fi stap mek jamaica end up in some
          hard groups , it look like di people ah concacaf a ramp wid him .
          United Oil by 1.31.26;You also has a NNPC option with the Abuja accord from 2022.What
          Probably forthcoming...

Comment

Is a long time the good Captain and I have not had dialogue. He is so busy, jetting all over the place that he cannot fine the time to give me a shout.
            Chu unuh nuh know, but when he is not in his jacket and tie, he will make a call just to say "Whaappen Tilla? Lang time nuh sii!!"

Anyway, I know he is a busy guy with his heart in the right place.

Four more years for the Captain!! It sweet mi fi true!!
            "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
              Even a regular field in a a park in Anytown, Canada (which I'm famialiar with)is better than most of what we see evn in T&T which is not that bad. Actually, their mini-stadia here are getting a facelift in preparation for the womens U17 WC in Sep.

There was a field in Toronto called Eglinton Flats I used to play on.... if it rained in the daytime they wouldn't allow any games to be played that evening...talk about being strict... but the fields were always pristine.
              Wow! you use to play at the flats. Great fields played and watched games on both sides of the road back in the day. The fields are still good but the area is kinda hard core now if you know what I mean.

Comment

JB a sistren of mine knows the goodly Captain personally and gave me his two private numbers. His Jamaican number is 876-119-4995 and his US number (that's just how he rolls) is 911-356-8763. Give him a shout.
                Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Wonderful idea. In May of this past year GSM International discuss that we have access to top quality 3rd generation astro turf that professional football sides use for trainng and matches around the world. A fifa regualtion fields would cost about $1,000,000 US to bring into Jamaica. We can do that for the JFF installed for lower than half the above price. We are presently looking to put three GSM Youth devlopment acdemies in Jamaica and are working to bring these fields to Jamaica. This is forth coming the the months and years ahead.

In the FAll of 2010 will will be bring 2 fields to Guatemala City where we work with ove 700 youth. This is a must for Jamaica, but the money is hard to come by for a field. Now Jamaica can save when the right time is and buy two fiels for the price of one.

This will allow for the development of quality playing from a youth to a national level. Keep the fire burning with your commnets. God bless all.

Paul Banta
                  President of GSM International

Comment

How about we win first then get the fields after? Sound like a copout to me

Comment

Excellent..keep up the good werk!

HL

Comment

Yes, waaay back in the early 90s in a league called the Toronto Insurance Soccer League... I worked for a subsidiary of Sunlife whose team I was on, Manulife, Mackenzie Financial (along with some other Mutual Fund cos.) were just some of the participants I remember.. there were some brokerage firms that also participated...I think we had a sixteen team league and I was the match secretary so was responsible for calling the Parks and Rec people in the areas we used, to see whether we were allowed to play on match days, if it had rained . I then had to call the team reps to let them know...it was a bit of a pain as email was just in its infancy and telephone was still the means of communicating.

Eglinton Flats Park & Rec people were very fussy about their field... two drops of rain and no play...
                        Peter R

Comment

The field is not bad now but not as good as it was then. Played in the sunday morning league there and my u3 play some games there occasionally. But the point is well taken. You need good field if you want to tech one touch and two touch football.

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
                            JB a sistren of mine knows the goodly Captain personally and gave me his two private numbers. His Jamaican number is 876-119-4995 and his US number (that's just how he rolls) is 911-356-8763. Give him a shout.

thanks , I will .
                            Probably forthcoming...

Comment

HL

Comment

Working...
                              X