No announcement yet.

Indicment: Bailey and Nicholson indicting Tappa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you expect a team playing for 4 year, you know nothing about football. Most of the mainstay 4 years ago are retired or close to it. You have young players, most who have come along in the last two year.

It is simple, over the last 3 years the quality in midfield that is needed at a top level is lacking. Anyone with a football sense can tell you it is inconsistent at best. The backline is pretty settle. He needs a backup for each position. The forward line we know is Nicholson, Mattocks was the top man 4 years ago, you want him fi still be the topman? Bailey is also up there and Orgill hasn gotten a lot of time. You can't name a top midfielder that we have. Just name one. How old is Watson? and is maybe the best currently.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Tell me England core, from 4 years ago.

Thanks in advance
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post

Thanks in advance

Good ,suh yuh admit, Tappa nuh ave a core, he is still building a team,after how many years and months to qualifying ,now hush up !
        THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Thanks in advance
          Ouch
          Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

I can give you the core currently. Goalie, Lawerence, Powell, Lowe, Bailey(although he has the most chat, he took years to join up) Orgill, Nichalson. Marriapa, Tallman from Chelsea. The fact is that we are short on good midfielders and other positions are up for grab as replacement. You actually need a strong squad of 24 with experience and playing time. This is very important as you if lose some of your top players you can't just plug in a player who have no experience. It is one thing to have a core but you also need a STRONG SQUAD.
            Ordinary players can be molded together to make a strong squad. So you pick your best and play them over and over and over...until they can find each other, support on attack and defense in their sleep. Wholesale chopping and changing is planning for failure. ...and planning to fail makes no sense.

if practice is very limited (= inadequate) then changes should be even more carefully restricted. A coach who has hope of success in such a circumstance as/of very limited togetherness/assembly of his players has no choice but to best allow his players to 'know', 'understand' and become familiar with each others'/teammates' 'play habits'. Even a modicum of (quality) TEAM cannot occur if you never allow any optimum use of 'playing together'.
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Karl a coach need to look at all his players. Look over the last year and a half you have players that will emerge and if you want the best team you have to include them.

Nobody is saying the team shouldn't be played with some consistency over a period of time but 4 years? That is the length of some people career at the top. A wise coach will look at the team he has and also try to get the best available new players. NO TEAM I know have the same core they had 4 years ago.

Look at one stage Mattocks was the best striker we had now he has to fight to make the bench. At one stage not so long Kyle Walker was the best right back in England, now he has to fight to be on the bench. That is the nature of football.

If you look at our Gold Cup when Lowe went down we lack quality in the defense, also our mid field was choppy so can you blame the coach for trying to coach up what he has while looking at others? Jamaica has hasn't the quality if Bailey, Lowe, Lawerence and Powell go down so that is why you need a squad that is current. IF Nicholson never get this kind of opportunity we wouldn't be talking about him now or others. There is need for recruiting and he need for team development. You can't talk about development if you have no recruitment method but only use the players you see everyday.

Comment

You are conflating person and purpose, of course you wont have the same personel of core given its purpose. 4 years is an average time, players will get injured, better players will be found, but a group within that 4 years is normally used to build that consistency and form, some will be around after the average 4 years and some moved on. The problem with Tappa is we have no form or consistency and no core after 4 years, so questions about his capabilities are to be asked.

Unless yuh comfortable with him.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

You develop players over 4 years but you get your core a little before qualifiers and that is when they are needed. In 4 years people lose form, get older, out with injury and even give it up.

Comment

So when you have a “core” of players and form and injuries start to affect said core, how do you suggest the coach or persons selecting the players account for the dynamics like injuries and lost of form?

Comment

Come better Brush, what do they do in the EPL, Bundesliga, La Lia , MLS, World cup campaigns, yuh draw fi yuh bench.

Which begs the question Tappa ave a bench im can draw from ?

Comment

Originally posted by Sir X View Post
                        Come better Brush, what do they do in the EPL, Bundesliga, La Lia , MLS, World cup campaigns, yuh draw fi yuh bench.

Which begs the question Tappa ave a bench im can draw from ?
                        He cannot find “a bench” without giving various players a chance to show their worth. This idea that Tappa bringing new faces and this is affecting the “core” of the team is a joke.

Whitmore has basically depended on the same set of players since the 2017 Gold Cup run with a few additions. Some of those addition include the addition of players like Bailey and Nicholson.

Comment

Really, suh the same question applies to you, what is the core ? not that it is affecting the core, because that suggests you know it.

I see nothing wrong with "bringing" new faces. Name his core from 2017, frigg 2015, that shoud be easier.

Comment

I have been following this from last week and this is extremely disingenuous and in someways taken out of context.

First thing First
                            Leon is right in principle, a settled squad is best to develop coordination and chemistry. This is as far as I can agree with Leon. He is out of line to communicate this the way he did. Secondly he is contradicting himself. Bailey and his step dad tried to stick up the JFF to have his brother in the team and technical director thus delaying his inclusion.

Now let’s be reminded Leon came into the team in the gold cup. The question is how many different squads has participated in subsequent games excluding the last friendly when they stated they were trying to see local players. So really it is ironic that both bowsa and Bailey are late additions to the team so how dare them complain about a process where they benefited from. In fact in Bailey childish rant on IG he stated Bobby Reid and Ravel Morrison are good players yet it is the same process that included Reid and Ravel is yet to play so Leon is having his cake and eat it too.

One note regarding Bowsa that was taking out of context and is misleading in the gleaner article The headline reads he agrees with Bailey which implied he agreed with all that is said but simply he saying yes a settled team is best which we all agree with but it don’t means he agrees with Baileys foolishness

Comment

Tappa had duty over the last 4 years to look at players he think he need in the squad. yes a core is needed but are saying there isn't core over the last year?

There are times when we have no games, other times when players are not available, other times he want to look at a player. It is either said than done. If you look at most of the big games he has the same core. The team must always be open for a young Bibi Gardner if the coach think he can add something like England was open for a young Rashford and Walcott. Coaching a national side is not like coaching a pro club or a youth club. The biggest problem is we need more games and more camps and setup a system for players and their clubs to work with when they are in the national program

Comment

OJ: Kudos to you !. You have sepertaed two issues and dealt with them appropriately. I agree with you, I dont believe Bailey should be attacking the JFF,that said I believe he has every right to call for a core. Although hypocritical ( he was just added to the team), the thing is he might be expendable to the core.

If Tappa can find one.

Comment

Working...
                                X