Jamaican drivers are the worst

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jamaican drivers are the worst

or nearly the worst. The level of indiscipline on the road has reached crisis status and should be viewed as a threat to the country. There needs to be draconian measures taken to enforce and corral the lawlessness. The dark tints must be outlawed, as should those blinking “decorative” lights on vehicles. Improper overtaking along with speeding have got to be the number one and two causes of road accidents. People need to start going to jail and serve hard times for flouting the traffic laws.
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Agreed. Just heard on the news that a dude in Spanish Town has over 1,00 tickets. Joke ting.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

That's how I lost the Greatest Man I know. My Father.

Jamaican crazy driver.

I have seen a driver overtaking another driver that was overtaking.....

Hope that last sentence can be understood.
      The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

It has been at crisis level a long time ago. We just normalize crisis.

Until people start to stand up and start taking transport that is respectable, nothing is going to happen as the buses and taxis are owned by police or the police have the owners in their pocket.

I was watching a roadblock about 2 years ago, the police did stop a few speeders but the mad taxis were not stopped. It was unbelievable.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I remember when they’d banned the dark tints and loud music on the minibuses. I can’t believe that they’re back. Since I’ve been here I’ve seen at least 3 accidents one less than a mile from my hotel. I think two persons were killed. The taxis are the worst. They overtake and immediately swing back over as soon as their side mirrors pass your vehicle. Then stop suddenly. When overtaking the oncoming vehicle plays a game of chicken. Nobody is backing down. It’s incredulous.
          Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

I think we give trump the ammo to include us in shitcountries with shitleadership.
            The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Holness says measures coming to address indiscipline on roads

KINGSTON, Jamaica – Prime Minister, Andrew Holness, says measures are being put in place to deal with indiscipline and lack of respect for law and order on the nation's roads.

Speaking at the opening of the new Jaguar Land Rover showroom in Kingston on February 12, he said that while there has been an increase in the number of people ticketed for traffic violations, the Government will be integrating technology into the physical infrastructure, to ensure compliance.

“We will increase the number of cameras that are now being installed and rolled out for JamaicaEye. We will increase the number of cameras for photo enforcement…cameras that are able to read licence plates, detect speeding and other sensors to help us manage traffic,” the Prime Minister said.

Holness said that the measures will be rolled out in the coming year in a significant way, first right across Kingston and other urban areas, and then right across Jamaica.

“Once we have increased our ability to detect, we will increase our prosecution, and the increase of prosecution without any form of compromise, because that has also been a challenge for law enforcement. Once you break the law and you are detected, you will be prosecuted,” he emphasised.

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/lates...=MobileArticle

Comment

Working...
              X