A Toast To Johnny Rice .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Toast To Johnny Rice .

So here I am listening to Koffe and Alkaline only to find out they both went to my almamater,Ardenne.Immediately my memory turns to a character named “Johnny Rice ”. He was from a disadvantage background, but he was rich in culture. He was in the same form as my brother and the notorious Duss,repeated and ended up on my grade level.The DJ , the herbalist,peacemaker and the “ international balla” “in his own world.

You could not help but giggle or laff when you saw him coming or heard his name,rich and poor sought his company and council. As I mused about Koffe ,Alkaline and the other unamamed greats that passed through the school of Ardenne, I can’t help but wonder if there is something special about the school.No we aren’t a sports powerhouse,but we do produce special people and trust me ,its not the ones that you hear about that make it special it’s the ones like “the Great Johnny Rice”. Its people like him that make you yearn for school days. You see not only would the Koffe , Alkaline,Duss,ambassador sons or Jody Ann Maxwell types loved and seeked the “Great Johnny Rice ” council, administrators did too, be it for a joke, a word of wisdom or DJ song.

I can remember playing in the mud on the Ardenne field when a ball came flying his way ,and as it approached, he screamed “INTERNATIONAL BALL GAME ” only to place the ball in no mans land, and we cheered.

A Toast to Johnny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8HoEvDh70Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSRf9rWJZmg
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.
Working...
X