RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

X mi write this for my East Portland friends.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X mi write this for my East Portland friends.

As promised I said I would address the subject of Portland after the election. As a youth going to Titchfield in my first year I saw every ship passing my classroom going through the channel. I remember many JUTA owners lining up for tourist. Most had a comfortable living working two or 3 days a week and then doing other part time jobs or businesses. I remember the banana truck loading up in Boundbrook and so many of us getting a ride back home. I remember the talent and level of education. East Portland boasting top talent in many fields and providing job for people from St. Thomas to South East St. Mary.
    I remember Portlanders thinking they were the best in tourism boasting more attraction at the time than St. Ann and been friendly.

AT the same time I remember how the coconut industry died, I remember the banana industry getting a lot of hits I remember How Blue Mountain Coffee getting a big hit. I remember the ship all stop coming. Economic activity in terms of tourism, and farming falling more than 50 percent. I can remember as a youth hearing ships going to Ochi and how Leo Windman (a name I will never forget) and his Ochi crew shipping association having meeting with crew ship. I wondered at the time if we had no shipping association in Port, never heard of one and was told the ships were now too big come to Port Antonio.
    Now in opinion East Portland may have had very good people representing it, but not aggressive enough to pressure the government of the day and come up with independent ideas. They fell in line with the massive saying our glory day will return and a few promises from Kingston and a few investors walking around was enough for us to think things will happen soon.
    What about Portlanders? They are very independent, most will build house, and most will do anything to make sure their kids are educated and will work for their family but where we are lacking is at the community level. Where is the Portland Chamber of Commerce? Where is Community Development Associations, Where are they youth clubs (not sports club)? Where is our shipping association? Now that we know ships are not too large. I also take note of the floating Pier for Port Royal?
    In closing I will say Congrats to Ann Marie Vaz and wish her well. She seems like a hard worker but until we give some of that education, wealth, and what my grandmother call “studyration” to think of our post vital need, think of how we can contribute and then make sure it is addressed by our MP in a timely manner, we will remain at this junction and MP will serve a few with scarce benefit. In Jamaica today there are a lot of foundations and quasi government organization giving assistance, do your homework with a plan, approach them, have your MP assist. Promote Portland, Think of the type of tourism we need and sell it and hopefully the next election both candidates will be saying “Portland we done well but we can do better, and that hope the people who don’t understand will realize although man people in Portland may have low income we are really not poor or less educated than any other parish in Jamaica, but we just need opportunities and to challenge our comfort level and provide more of an economic growth agenda and demand better political representation from our beloved representative and Kingston.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

To sum it up, yuh ave a crackead dream,in that after 70 plus years yuh believe inna politricks.
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

yes I believe in the process but it means everybody have to play their part. Voters have to hold their reps accountable not just by the votes but each and every day. Community divided, (not just political lines) but communities who fail to plan and propose ideas will be take advantage of.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

70 plus years of the process failing and you believe.Nuff said,if it was the PNP in power would you believe,better yet if Crawford won ?

Juss say you believe in the JLP.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

I believe in the process regardless of who win. Check my posts on here. I always congratulate winners. Crawford has the energy but he need to carve his message and ego. He has a lot to offer when he does that.

I have been a part of too many youth clubs, sports club, community organizations and non profit not to believe in the process. I think it is our ego and lack of community planning has made it easy for these people to run from their duty. I will pressure any MP, labourite or PNP anybody who know me can tell you that.

Comment

Damion has nothing to offer to East Portland...he doesn't have a network...he doesn't have any clout and he certainly doesn't have any money

Comment

He has something to offer to the political process when he learn messaging and to control ego and listen to the people he represents.

It can't be, he is always best, it is his way or people fighting against him.

Comment

Thank yuh Brick, dats why mi rate da bredda yah,im nuh ave nuh shame, fi talk di tings i,e truth.

Comment

Maybe if his party was in power...but even then he didn't have anything to offer the people of east rural st andrew...he is a sham...masters in tourism yet his only foray into tourism, YARDTRIP, was a spectacular failure...he's a simpleton who talks a lot...95% of it rubbish...

YARDTRIP: This is a geared towards persons who want to take one day trips to Jamaican attractions such as rafting, horseback riding etc. The trips are exciting and available once every month.

Comment

Brickie I am not talking about been an MP, as I pointed out where he made a lot of mistake. However if he can clean up his message he could be of some use. He made so many critical mistakes in this short election. As I said if he can clean up himself he could be use. my thing is East Portland people have sit back and allow too many MP get off the hook. Hope they demand more.

I will Mrs Vaz all the best and keep on working.

Comment

Question for you. I don't know if you follow the election but you think if Dr. Rhodd or Dr. Bloomfield did a decent job, do you think Ann Marie Vaz would have a chance?

That is where I start. Some of the things that are lacking are even not just government. There is lacking cellphone coverage, stealing of people farm product and just representing when disasters etc. I hope the people of East Portland demand more. I know Ann Marie Vaz have done some work and I hope she continue. Crawford complain about rolodex but he need to build his and not complain.

Comment

Yuh nuh see yuh ead nuh good,the question you need to ask is why was he allowed to stay there so long doing nothing, delegated or imposed on the citizens of that area to do nothing by the PNP.

If the party system had a open primary system ,where anyone can run as M.P instead of imposed,would he be there that long,would the citizens benefit from the openess?

You just love tribalism. YOU DONT GIVE A DAMM ABOUT YOUR COUNTRY,TO YOU ITS PARTY FIRST,PORTLAND SECOUND AND JAMAICA LAST.

Stop waste mi time, joka... lol

Comment

how dat work for you? You got Trump. LOL!!!!

Comment

Exactly and I never said "I like the process ". People recognize the process sucked in the democratic primaries and they moved to:: BERN:: it, the superdelegate system has been curbed, it has no power but to affirm the peoples wishes , not the party.

Has Jamaica reached that stage,instead, yuh love the process ! Look an alleged B.Man ,screwing the men in the area for years,delegated/imposed by the party system to do nothing for years, and you laborites love it because finally, after how much years you claim his seat after being murdered by his alleged lover.

Yuh ead nuh good, yuh tribal nature, juss duty .

Comment

So where you think the delegates that nominated Bloomfield for the seat come from? You're confused...

Comment

Working...
                              X