X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• COVID and the heat

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/med...us/ar-BB14CyVm

How illogical is this????
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

The question for you,is what do you understand from the article,then we can debate the logics of it.
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

That unlike what you and your friends are saying summer heat will not kill the virus. 133 degree will but that will kill most living thing as I said. The virus is adaptable to living condition. As Don1 and Rockman said that you refuse to correct that summer heat and warmer climate will result in much less infection, which has not been the case. The Theory that the virus will be less deadly in the summer is all but a theory.

Now what is your problem?
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Your logic is the problem. The article states summer heat alone will not kill the virus,it might result in modest declines and it gives a link to another article of mitigating public health initiatives when combined with heat that will..

Those are proven theories ,that have been validated by practice and metadata results.

Johnny.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

The article doesn't say that.
          "The article states summer heat alone will not kill the virus,it might result in modest declines and it gives a link to another article of mitigating public health initiatives when combined with heat that will.."

The article tell how heat can kill the virus like boiling food at 133 degree. What that have to d with summer? tell me what this have to do with summer
          So, while you shouldn't assume the summer heat will crush the coronavirus on its own, you can use heat to kill COVID-19 in other ways. For example, if you cook your food at 132.8°F or higher, the heat would be able to eliminate traces of the coronavirus on your food, according to research physician Christine Traxler, MD, of Invigor Medical.

Similarly, "if you do your laundry and dry on high heat for an hour, the virus is probably dead," says Traxler.

Additionally, boiled water can be effective against coronavirus. Water boils at 100°C (212°F) and a dishwasher's final rinse cycle is generally around 71.1°C (160°F), which makes it the ideal place to disinfect everything from children's toys to sponges.

Comment

This is from the article if you click on the link highlighted, it takes you to another article ,that discusses myth,factors and public health.

While we may expect modest declines in the contagiousness of*SARS-CoV-2 in warmer, wetter weather*… is not reasonable to expect these declines alone to slow transmission enough to make a big dent," writes*Marc Lipsitch, DPhil, director of the*Center for Communicable Disease Dynamics*at Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/med...us/ar-BB14CyVm

Did you factor that in your logic?

Comment

Let me first revisit the first statement. I will go into the attached article and then reality

I'd say there are very few countries where we can "trust the numbers" so if that's the case in JA it's far from unusual. What will be difficult to conceal are unusual spikes in deaths (or virus symptoms in the infected) and the toll in JA seems relatively low per capita with no unusual reports of surges in mortality or symptomatic rates.

There may be resistance built up in many countries like JA by the mandatory malaria vaccination.

In fact the death toll in tropical and sub-tropical regions (if we can trust the numbers) appears much lower than colder zones. There's a theory backed by some evidence that a hot, humid climate tends to rapidly retard and/or kill the virus as compared to cold regions.

In Africa where the health systems and heath outcomes are in many/most cases notoriously sub-standard (even compared to JA which is not good) the death toll attributed to Covid-19 is moderate to low. That's at this point in time.

The flu is a Coronavirus...It's just not novel i.e. new. Covid-19 is novel. Every Fall it's "Flu Season" in the US and similar countries. 100s of thousands of mostly elderly or health-compromised people may die depending on the flu type. Millions get inoculated.

Does JA or other similarly-situated countries places have this massive problem? Nope. There's a reason and it's climate-related.

Heat matters it appears. The malaria vaccine may matter also. JA and other hot zones may be beneficiaries. But these likely pre-existing advantages have to be combined with the widely know mitigation measures which GOJ for example...and many other governments have put in place.

Just goes to show that comparing outcomes directly between differing countries and then using that to gauge the effectiveness of "government responses" is often an exercise in propaganda and/or ignorance...i.e. Dummy Territory. Statistical comparative analysis works with like vs like

Dummies like Trump and others use stats for propaganda. So Dummy Donald is a two-fer

Comment

yes, it will not make a huge dent. It will continue to spread.

Here is the summary of the attached article which I assume you didn't read.

So in summary:
                For the novel coronavirus SARS-CoV-2, we have reason to expect that like other betacoronaviruses, it may transmit somewhat more efficiently in winter than summer, though we don’t know the mechanism(s) responsible. The size of the change is expected to be modest, and not enough to stop transmission on its own. Based on the analogy of pandemic flu, we expect that SARS-CoV-2, as a virus new to humans, will face less immunity and thus transmit more readily even outside of the winter season. Changing seasons and school vacation may help, but are unlikely to stop transmission. Urgent for effective policy is to determine if children are important transmitters, in which case school closures may help slow transmission, or not, in which case resources would be wasted in such closures. Previously it was thought children were not easily infected with SARS-CoV-2. Recent evidence from Shenzhen suggests that children may be infected and shed detectable virus at about the same rate as adults — so now the only question is whether they transmit as readily. It seems likely the answer is yes, but no data as of this writing to my knowledge.
                https://ccdd.hsph.harvard.edu/will-c...armer-weather/

So this have more to do with Children out of school? Guess what it is rising in the US although many states are in some form of lockdown and no school is in progess and summer yet the cases are rising, Florida, Texas, Arizona, New Mexico, South and North Carolina etc.

Comment

Boss cut the Bullshit. The bottom line is that this ridiculous theory about summer temperatures will reduce the spread and/or kill the COVID-19 virus, should never have been put out in the public sphere. It’s made even worse when supposedly intelligent and educated people repeat it publicly. As a RN you should know that the summer heat will and has no effect at mitigating the spread of this viral disease.
                  Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Them back any BS when them the "Intelligent ones" say it. THAT IS THE FACT.

Comment

Sass,you did it again,copy and paste a paragraph or sentence from an article to come to an irrational conclusion to justify your point.

You have a comprehension problem if you believe this is logical ,if not you are a pathological liar with a win at all cost attitude.

Disciplined again. Mi naah tap call yuh out and shame yuh.

Jangle health care professionals have a duty to disseminate knowledge,if the public wants to copy and paste as they see fit for their narrative or worldview,that's their business,again Sass is a classic example.

I suggest you read the linked article and follow public health directives.

https://ccdd.hsph.harvard.edu/will-c...armer-weather/

Comment

Show me where the article say Summer weather will make a big difference.

Can you explain the reality in the hotest states in the US currently???

You need to tell your friend them who think the summer is going to make a big difference.

At best it will make a small dent, at worst it will make no dent. The resarchers and journalist are not even sure so stop your bs.

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
                          Boss cut the Bullshit. The bottom line is that this ridiculous theory about summer temperatures will reduce the spread and/or kill the COVID-19 virus, should never have been put out in the public sphere. It’s made even worse when supposedly intelligent and educated people repeat it publicly. As a RN you should know that the summer heat will and has no effect at mitigating the spread of this viral disease.
                          aka dummies

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RP1yFNc4alw

Comment

Well then Bricktop, what is your area of expertise in medical care?
                              Are clinical researchers medical doctors?

Comment

Working...
                              X