The Bar raised by synthetic track..A JA High School first

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
    If I didn't see it on the news myself I would think this must be a joke. Two prime ministers, the sports minister, the JAAA president, Lindy Delapenha, and I believe I saw Elvis in the background - all were in attendance for what clearly is a big deal. "The only synthetic track at the high school level in the English-speaking Caribbean".

So, Minister Headley admits that the name of the sponsor is the High School Sports Infrastructure Improvement Project, not to be mistaken with the Science Laboratories Improvement Project.

I am expecting the next big investment in our high schools will be in the form of an "entertainment system", something that would allow our youngsters to train for Dancing Dynamite and Magnum Kings & Queens.
    Wi nuh need nuh more proof seh Portia & di Termites dem ah eediat....

BTW...My guesstimate that the track cost about US$600K was absolutely correct....

Yet anedda D1 prognostication come to pass
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

I am expecting the next big investment in our high schools will be in the form of an "entertainment system", something that would allow our youngsters to train for Dancing Dynamite and Magnum Kings & Queens.
      Hey that's a pretty good idea.....build some recording studios in schools.
      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Meanwhile Eastern Champs is cancelled due to inadequate sponsorship.

https://carolebeckford.wordpress.com...-the-calendar/

Athletes from about 25 high schools in the east now will have no major track event this season.

As Kabaka Pyramid says,
        Last edited by Islandman; January 30, 2016, 11:30 AM.
        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
          Meanwhile Eastern Champs is cancelled due to inadequate sponsorship.

https://carolebeckford.wordpress.com...-the-calendar/

Athletes from about 25 high schools in the east now will have no major track event this season.

As Kabaka Pyramid says,
          dat sucks...

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

Has this ever happened?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Probably not, and certainly not since the early 70s.

Disgraceful really, that between the schools and ISSA they could not find a way to stage even an abbreviated version of the meet.
              "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Yes, that's not good.

I tell you what would have made more sense - for the highly touted High Schools Sports Infrastructure Improvement Program (HSSIIP from hereon) to have given Morant Bay High a synthetic track so that the eastern schools could have something to familiarise themselves with.

The first time I ran on a "Chevron" was when I went to Boys Champs. There is clearly a certain style of running on the surface. The rubberised surface is less forgiving. Grass does not knick your spikes as the rubber surface tends to do.

Mind you, that did not stop me from winning silver medal in the hurdles event.

(I always find a way to get that in, don't? )

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Mind you, that did not stop me from winning silver medal in the hurdles event.

(I always find a way to get that in, don't? )
                  We are subjected to your words (without proof) day een, day out.
                  Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Calabar High Has Made The News Again- Find Out Why?

Clouded in recent bad press, one would be led to believe that things are dire at Calabar High School.

The Red Hills Road based school, despite its recent bad press is on the path of significant growth. Based on the 2018 CSEC results, 73.3% of students (7.33 out of every 10) are leaving the school having achieved 5 or more CSEC subject including Mathematics and/or English. The school’s academic growth performance has been phenomenal, suggesting that the school’s administration has been more focused on academics despite what may be portrayed by the recent press or social media.

2016 saw 53% of boys leaving with 5 or more subjects (including Mathematics and/or English) and 2017 saw 64% of the boys leaving with 5 or more subjects (including Mathematics and/or English). Today they are at 73.3%.

The rate of annual improvement is in excess of 10% and if Calabar High was on the stock market, it would be the best performing stock. The 2019 sitting, is expected to break the 80% barrier (based on current trajectory) putting it ahead of Jamaica College, St George’s College and Kingston College.

The turn around the school is experiencing is no surprise to the school’s administration. The Chairman, Mr. Johnson and Principal Mr. Corcho, along with other members of the senior leadership team designed a comprehensive strategic development plan aimed at achieving what we are currently seeing.

The school is very disappointed at the recent events that marred its name, however, the school’s administration maintains its focus and declares the utmost for the highest.

http://educatejamaica.org/news-detai...ne+15+2019-542

Comment

Really?

looking at latest 2018 "rankings" I see Wolmers at 10 with 94.8%
                      Munro at 20 with 89.7%, StGC at 85% (24), KC at 82.6% (27), JC at 69.7% (33) and CBar at 62.4% (39).

To make future forecasts with such precision as the article above tries to do is foolhardy.

Comment

https://apps.newmediastudios.net/med...88164fff63.pdf

Comment

The article was posted to highlight the improvements in a follow up to the earlier posts in 2016 about Calabar's priorities. That said, I believe this school ranking list is a was of time and counter productive. Contrary to what Don1 may think, I agree with him about our need to change our educational system and curriculum and gear our children towards today's modern day technological demands.

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
                            Contrary to what Don1 may think, I agree with him about our need to change our educational system and curriculum and gear our children towards today's modern day technological demands.
                            While it’s possible that you may see some value in a reorientation towards science and technology I doubt that we’re in agreement on that matter. One merely has to observe the overwhelming majority of your posts to realize that.

To say nothing of your bizarre proposal to devote an entire parish to a pu$$y bazaar. Nope we’re not on the same page mi yute

Comment

Yuh caan gi di man a bly,even Trevor Munroe flipped.
                              THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir X View Post
                                Yuh caan gi di man a bly,even Trevor Munroe flipped.
                                As the Bible says - A bly followeth repentance not vice versa

Comment

Working...
                                X