Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
    Exactly!

Matters not who is wasting the money. That is hardly my point. The fact that our sports facilities are prioritised above science labs (physics, chemistry, biology, IT, robotics, etc.) is what it's all about.

I would hope it was the old boys who did it and not the Ministry of...which would it be, Education or Sport?
    Cyaan put it past di Termite dem....Poorsha nuh too sensible unuh
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

First thing with KC ... Get rid of those GP looking walls. It makes it look more like a correctional facility than an elite school

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Agreed!

Maybe the High School*Infrastructure*Improvement Project will help in putting up a nice wrought iron fence?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I wonder...if in our schools we compare numbers and success stories on and of each discipline or work on laying ground-work for success in each discipline how would investment in an athletic endeavor compare with that in any other area?

It just seems to me that any review or reporting on such the numbers would show a low percentage of graduates being hugely financially successful and most being mere lower middle-class and lower earners? Purely unscientific = 'gut feeling': It seems to me that most graduates from our education institutions would fall in such a category...right?

Just wondering why Carole... http://carolebeckford.blogspot.com/2...est.html...???

https://carolebeckford.wordpress.com...in-good-hands/
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
            FYI there has been a serious push started a couple years ago by the Old Boys Association to upgrade and improve the academic standards at the school. The results will be unveiled in the near future. The physical structure is just part of the overall plans.

COBA Projects 2016

1. Complete COBA Centre of Excellence Project: Calabar Museum, Memorabilia Store and COBA Office project.
            2. Continue the Saturday Mathematics Class program.
            3. Create a Technology Lab within the Science Department.
            4. Continue to facilitate the welfare of our students through our Mentorship and Scholarship programmes.
            5. Sell Calabar branded apparel and memorabilia from the Store and online.
            6. Host the 2016 Annual Reunion Dinner at which several Old Boys who have excelled in the field of Sports will be recognized.
            Well yuh dun kno mi deh yah fi sports...but on your number "6" why not recognition for other areas of discipline? So-suh "field of Sports"? Yuh dun kno hit his nat bout sports being important but all areas of discipline being equally important!
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
              Well yuh dun kno mi deh yah fi sports...but on your number "6" why not recognition for other areas of discipline? So-suh "field of Sports"? Yuh dun kno hit his nat bout sports being important but all areas of discipline being equally important!
              Few (not me) would have a problem if all areas of discipline were indeed equally important. But, imo, that is not the case.

For me, our schools must be trying to make success stories of the majority of students. It's easy to produce medical doctors than world class athletes.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
                JC start get pretty like Jawges fi real.

Noice.

The "IVY league" of Jam High schools getting better overall. KC looking at investing in their physical infrastructure too.
                Is the Chinese Language on the curriculum yet? The Chinese are coming, the Chinese are coming to downtown real soon
                The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                  Few (not me) would have a problem if all areas of discipline were indeed equally important. But, imo, that is not the case.

For me, our schools must be trying to make success stories of the majority of students. It's easy to produce medical doctors than world class athletes.
                  seeit deh Not just easier....But farrrrr more VALUABLE...

Add engineers, programmers, product designers & developers, technologists, agronomists etc etc etc

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

Originally posted by Don1 View Post
                    seeit deh Not just easier....But farrrrr more VALUABLE...

Add engineers, programmers, product designers & developers, technologists, agronomists etc etc etc
                    ....KMT and who a go entertain us???
                    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

....KMT and who a go entertain us???
                      Aks Ben dis... who entertain Singaporeans??

When dem tech people deh mek wi rich wi cyan buy any entertainment wi want.

Comment

Joss Stone retire?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Joss Stone can DJ?
                          Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Joss Stone can DJ?
                            Why not?

Yuh did know she a di baddest reggae artiste inna di werl?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

PM commissions new Calabar track with race of her own

BY SHERDON COWAN Observer staff reporter cowans@jamaicaobserver.com

Saturday, January 23, 2016

Print this page Email A Friend!

Prime Minister Portia Simpson Miller (second left) participates in a race against former Prime Minister PJ Patterson (centre); Minister with responsibility for sport in the Office of the Prime Minister, Natalie Neita-Headley (second right); Karl Johnson (left), chairman of Calabar High School and Vincent Lawrence, chair of Complex Implementation team to mark the official opening of the new synthetic track at Calabar High yesterday. (Photo: Bryan Cummings)

The new 400m synthetic track of Calabar High, which has won the ISSA Boys’ Athletic Championships for the last four years, was officially opened at the Red Hills Road-based campus yesterday.

The track, which is the pet project of minister with responsibility for sport, Natalie Neita-Headley, is the first to be laid in a high school in Jamaica, and by extension, the English-speaking Caribbean.
                              http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport...at-C-Bar_49522

Comment

If I didn't see it on the news myself I would think this must be a joke. Two prime ministers, the sports minister, the JAAA president, Lindy Delapenha, and I believe I saw Elvis in the background - all were in attendance for what clearly is a big deal. "The only synthetic track at the high school level in the English-speaking Caribbean".

So, Minister Headley admits that the name of the sponsor is the High School Sports Infrastructure Improvement Project, not to be mistaken with the Science Laboratories Improvement Project.

I am expecting the next big investment in our high schools will be in the form of an "entertainment system", something that would allow our youngsters to train for Dancing Dynamite and Magnum Kings & Queens.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                                X