Royal insult

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Royal insult

Fearing a repeat of the mistakes made around the development of the Falmouth and Portland cruise ship piers, businessman Robert Stephens is calling for the Government to avoid the errors of the past in Port Royal.

The town is to become the home of Jamaica’s first floating cruise ship pier by January 2020.

However, plans for a public-private sector partnership between the Urban Development Company (UDC) and some 40 companies, led by Stephens’ Port Royal Development Company (PRDC), seem to have been shelved.

“Developing a cruise pier and not doing a comprehensive development of Port Royal is doing a great disservice to the potential of this jewel of a heritage destination and is dishonest to the cruise visitors, who will be sold on visiting Port Royal, Jamaica, on an itinerary only to be offered mainly attractions in other parts of Kingston when we could offer much more in Port Royal itself,” he said, stating his concerns.

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/l...wn-development
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Expected.
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle
      Fearing a repeat of the mistakes made around the development of the Falmouth and Portland cruise ship piers, businessman Robert Stephens is calling for the Government to avoid the errors of the past in Port Royal.

The town is to become the home of Jamaica’s first floating cruise ship pier by January 2020.

However, plans for a public-private sector partnership between the Urban Development Company (UDC) and some 40 companies, led by Stephens’ Port Royal Development Company (PRDC), seem to have been shelved.

“Developing a cruise pier and not doing a comprehensive development of Port Royal is doing a great disservice to the potential of this jewel of a heritage destination and is dishonest to the cruise visitors, who will be sold on visiting Port Royal, Jamaica, on an itinerary only to be offered mainly attractions in other parts of Kingston when we could offer much more in Port Royal itself,” he said, stating his concerns.

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/l...wn-development
      Now really!. Seriously. What is there to visit in Port Royal. Giddy House or Gloria's?. What heritage?. Pirates and Buccaneers are our heritage that need celebration. Spend the money elsewhere. Portland is going to waste and they are talking about Kingston and Port Royal. Idiots.

Comment

My take is why dont they include all stake holders, we have more than enough history to share.
        THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir X View Post
          My take is why dont they include all stake holders, we have more than enough history to share.
          Well thats right. Gloria's is the main stakeholder in Port Royal that is worth speaking of, so respectfully ask her to dredge the harbor and develop the pier. That would be a good place to start with getting stakeholders involve, other than that gov should spend money where more value can be added. You have Sommerset Falls, Nonsuch caves, Reach Falls and lots more in the single parish of Portland and you want to wast time and money on silly old Port Royal. Give us a break!!!!.

Comment

Port Royal have a nice sell to it it Market right with the Original Pirates of the caribbean destination. You know how many little destination a eat a food ofa date. It is a throve or archaeologists and people interested in history. Portland is a quick 1.5 hour tour away Boston, and Blue Mountain etc. can eat a food from the drivers. I have no problem with it and I also think Port Antonio need developing. Hopefully they are next. The amount of money to do the project these people want will never be forthcoming from any government. We have to start and hopefully these business will put some money in the town but mi granny use to tell me too much "ratta never dig a good hole". How long them a talk again?
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
              Port Royal have a nice sell to it it Market right with the Original Pirates of the caribbean destination. You know how many little destination a eat a food ofa date. It is a throve or archaeologists and people interested in history. Portland is a quick 1.5 hour tour away Boston, and Blue Mountain etc. can eat a food from the drivers. I have no problem with it and I also think Port Antonio need developing. Hopefully they are next. The amount of money to do the project these people want will never be forthcoming from any government. We have to start and hopefully these business will put some money in the town but mi granny use to tell me too much "ratta never dig a good hole". How long them a talk again?
              Well thats what I am saying. Let the throve of archiologists, Gloria's, and all the pirate enthusiasts fund the dredging of the harbor and build the pier. That would be the perfect example of stakeholder participation. In the meantime the gov should fix the delapidated s#!tty roads in Portland, dredge the most beautiful twin harbour in the world so that larger ships can go to Port Antonio, develop Nonsuch caves, Sommerset falls, fix the road to Winifred beach, develop Reach falls, fix the road to the Rio Grande valley and repair Rafters Rest so that rafting can be revitalized. There is nothing atteactive about Port Royal that we need to celebrate. They build a pier in Trelawny. What is there to attract people to Trelawny?. The White Witch of Rose Hall?. Nothing my friend. What a waste!!!.

Comment

Portlanders too laid back. We don't know what we have. Good to see the hotel at Robins Bay opening up again although that a St.Mary.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                  Portlanders too laid back. We don't know what we have. Good to see the hotel at Robins Bay opening up again although that a St.Mary.
                  Laid back vs lazy vs unenterprising vs unindustrious. All the same.

Comment

I don't think Lazie because they work hard but doing the none productive things. Entrepreneurship should be taught.

Comment

Working...
                    X