No announcement yet.

‘I won’t cut her hair!’

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A question Bricktop,are decisions from the Supreme Court unanimous,or is it arrived from a majority of the Justices based on ratio being the decider?

Comment

i believe constitutional reviews are done by a three person panel...the chief justice & two puisne judges...not sure on how they decide but i'm sure the chief justice has the final say...i can fathom a fairly accurate guess as to why the ruling went the way it did...MOE has grooming guidelines...the guidelines do not specifically ban dreadlocks but each school administrator has a little leeway in not allowing certain hairstyles...Kensington Primary doesn't allow locked hair...the parents lied and said they were rastafarian so the Courts granted a temporary order against removing her from school...it appears (from the washington post article) that the family admitted in Supreme Court that they aren't rastafarian & the hairstyle was a fashion choice...the actions of the school wouldn't be unconstitutional in that instance...we'll have to wait & see the written judgement though...

Comment

i knew it woudn't be long before the dummy brigade arrived with their victim mentality...instead of constantly playing the victim why don't you dummies educate yourselves...rastafarians have a constitutional protection to attend school with their locks...obviously that isn't the case here now is it...or you think the learned Supreme Court justices are not familiar with t he law? dummydom seems to be contagious

Comment

The school stated that the wearing of dreadlocks was against its policy.

So is there an exception to the policy, do you know that as fact or do you have to await a written....?
          Also, isn't the stigma of dreadlocks an extension to that of Rasta?
          Is there any Rasta at that school, and is it your opinion the Supreme Court would have ruled in favour of the brilliant little girl if she was a practicing Rasta?

Maybe the mother is of the opinion her child would not have been accepted to begin with....

Comment

you seem a bit confused...go apprise yourself of the particulars leading up to the supreme court case & stop asking stupid questions...i'm not spoonfeeding you dummies anymore...free education done...

Comment

Spoonfeeding??
              You stated rastafarians have a constitutional protection to attend school with their locks.. , and I am trying to reconcile it with the school's policy forbidding dreadlocks, again is there an exception, and do know as a fact that Rasta is among the student population at that school?
              We will get back to the Supreme Court decision afterwards, I am calling you out on YOUR assertion.

Comment

i know you're not too bright...but try and follow along please...the child attended the school as a 5 year old...the next school term she came with locs which is prohibited in school handbook...the parents did not indicate to the school that the locs were for religious purposes...the school told her she couldn't attend with the locs...the family went to the Courts & claimed they were rastafarian and the Court filed an injuction allowing her to attend the school...it came out in the Constitutional Court that they were not rastafarian...you get it now dummy?

Comment

So the school's policy made no exception for Rasta and so the court intervened, did you get that genius?
                  So we can establish that the school policy is discriminatory,isn't that the issue?
                  Now genius, I purposely used the word "exemption" for a reason,Rasta will ask for exemptions on things that local laws deem illegal; use of weed,etc.
                  Wearing dreadlocks isn't one of those cases,now do you get it self professed genius???

Why are you not smart enough to know that repeatedly calling people dummies makes you the dummy in the eyes of people .....

Comment

If hairstyles isn't a form of expression, I don't know what is. The fact that it is tied to a religious practice makes the ruling more egregious.

I can't come up with any logical reason as to why the justices would rule against it except for sheer colonial bias.

More proof the educational system has a lot of work to do. Teach the children of his African imperial majestys.
                    Last edited by Sir X; August 2, 2020, 08:53 AM.
                    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

because you're a dummy...and dummies use facebook logic...par for the course

Comment

debating with you dummies is like talking to a 5 year old...you people can't be this dense...how do you idiots navigate through the world each day? my dog has better comprehension skills than you fools:

Comment

OOps

Someone should tell this Holness fellow to stop playing the victim and leave that race thing:

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/l...nst-says-prime.

"the Government is awaiting the written judgment.

WATCH: Mom, says she will not cut child's hair

However, he says the Government does not believe that there should be any law which could be interpreted to deny access to a citizen merely on the basis of their hairstyle."

Brickette what is going on here is above your analytical grade. You are incapable of dealing with subjects like this. Stick to propaganda and hope you don't get thrown under the bus before you get the memo.

Comment

The moron drones on. This subject is not for you. Wait for the next propaganda talking point. Your leader is about to make you look stupid.......again.

Comment

He did !

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/lates...e_of_hairstyle
                              THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

why do i have to deal wit mental midgets & simple simons all day long? what does anju holness statement have to do with what the current regulations are in law? he went on to say that the Education Act would need to be amended to avoid instances like this happening in the future...laws are amended in Parliament & require bi-partisan agreement...so you want the Supreme Court to rule on law that is not yet in place? what school you went to...i need to make sure none of my kids go anyway near that institution...mental midget to rhattid

Comment

Working...
                                X