No announcement yet.

1.7 million visitors in four months

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our current tourism leadership is way above anything we have had in the pass, really when did Butch & Issa stop leading ?

Yuh deh pan heroin, whats happening as per tourism is not leadership ,its a culmination of decades of promoting brand Jamaica.We are at a point where the brand is leading thats why you & Bartlett didnt have a clue what AIR BNB was and is doing to change the landscape in KGN by extension Jamaica.

All the other sectors are already keyed into the route of residual supply and demand, be it argiculture,infrastructure to technology.

If the PNP comes in,nothing will change the route done set
    ,ask Butch & Issa. Sandals farmers programme began in 1996 ,its nothing new as the brand Jamaica increased the link increased.

That said,why you think it will change anything ?
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Can you show me anything to prove your point that Bartlett knew nothing about tourism???

Almost all major tourism organization and Print has voted Bartlett as a leading tourism minister. The proposal he put on the table has been making a difference as I highlighted before. I hope if the PNP come to power the can keep tourist going as it is now. Talk is cheap.

Again you opinion is devoid of any facts just your feelings so I won't go any further with you. Sandals farming program is it the same as tourism linkage???
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/f...al-development
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Your comprehension problem is deep,1st you accuse me of blaming tourism,2nd you accuse me of saying Bartlett knows nothing,di bredda know he is the figure head of tourism,thats it.

The leaders behind the scene are Butch (Sandals) & Issa and the new found Air BNB, if the PNP come into power all they need to do is elect another figurehead.
          THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Hotel bookings go up in MoBay - Reggae Sumfest said to be the reason

by
            Shereita Grizzle - Staff Reporter
            May 10, 2019
            When it was announced that Buju Banton, Beres Hammond and Chronixx were the headliners for this year's staging of Reggae Sumfest, the reaction from the public spoke volumes as to the amount of support the festival would receive this year.

With just over two months to go before the event gets under way, checks with several hotels in the parish of St James have revealed that most of the rooms have been fully booked until the end of July.

Reggae Sumfest's chief organiser, Joe Bogdanovich, believes there is a direct link between the festival's line-up and the sold-out hotels.

Pointing out that ticket sales have been going well, Bogdanovich said that he thinks the Beres, Buju and Chronixx combination is one of the main reasons hotels have been booked out this early in the season.

"Reggae Sumfest is usually a sold-out show. Hotels in the Montego Bay area usually see an increase in bookings around the period the show is being held, but this year, I know for sure the demand has been greater," he said.

"I am not surprised some people can't get hotel rooms right now, because based on the ticket sales, the demand for the show this year has been overwhelming. It is the best I've seen it since I took over the festival. I think the B.B.C line-up has a lot to do with it. Beres, Buju and Chronixx are three of the biggest artistes on the local music scene, and I think people really want to see them in action," he said, adding that Beenie Man and Bounty Killer are expected to give legendary performances on the Friday night.

TICKETS GOING
            According to Bogdanovich, tickets for this year's festival are going so well that he and his team are thinking of adding another section to the grounds to meet demands.

"I am now thinking of building a whole new seating area, and it's gonna be called the Golden Triangle. It will be for the more luxurious crowd. But all that will be discussed in another week or less because we are in the designing phase right now. I think we're attracting more people this year than any other year, and we want to be prepared for that."

Bogdanovich's points are supported by statistics presented by Delano Seiveright, senior adviser/strategist in the Ministry of Tourism.

Seiveright told THE WEEKEND STAR that he has already seen increases in the number of hotel bookings for this year compared to the same period last year. He also said there has been an increase in the number of tourists who have booked flights to the island this summer.

"It is important to note that seat capacity for the destination this summer is 1,400,371 which is 108,872 or 8.4% more than 2018. The biggest growth is from the United States, which shows an increase of over 100,000 seats for the summer period (May through August 2019), compared with the same period in 2018," he said.

"Jamaica has been experiencing very strong growth in tourist arrivals in recent times. This as a result of the multiple strategies pursued by the Ministry of Tourism and its agencies. Sumfest this year is mega, and already many hotels and other accommodations are reporting very high bookings, some of which is attributed to Reggae Sumfest."

And for those who are yet to book hotel rooms, Seiveright is encouraging them to explore the Airbnb option and look beyond Montego Bay for accommodation.
            Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Room full all full. Can’t even get a room in Portland.
              Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Working...
              X