No announcement yet.

Tourism, the reservoir of Low Skill Jobs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is a thin line here as he speaks about the future. Yes C is still been used but I don't see it as one of the future languages. C++ yes as it is used with Microsoft .Net.

i am of playing with Don1 as any coding is important still, as it helps to get one familiar with programming. Once you learn something like C or C plus you can spend time and learn others. But when he is coming with 21 century and all he can tell me about is C, him have to come again.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

tutor. get that right. Yes same time.

I graduated with a computer disk, signifying top of the MIS class.

go siddung now. Mi nah fi get no blessing from you, My knowledge in the IT field has served me well.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

So you persist with the dummy argument even when it’s obvious and proved that you’re wrong. You were completely ignorant of the fact that C and its variants are very relevant today even in supercomputer applications.

FYI supercomputers are at the highest level of computing today so you’re so wrong and behind that it aint funny. Betta yuh leggo di false pride and admit it. You’re making yourself look even more ridiculous by denying the obvious
        TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

never said it is not relevant but if you said you are talking 21 century.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
            never said it is not relevant but if you said you are talking 21 century.
            Tap lie. Being ignorant of the relevance of a computer language is not that bad. Lying when there’s clear evidence that you’re doing so is

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

Mi like your originality. You let me down big time

C is an imperative procedural language. It was designed to be compiled using a relatively straightforward compiler to provide low-level access to memory and language constructs that map efficiently to machine instructions, all with minimal runtime support.

Despite its low-level capabilities, the language was designed to encourage cross-platform programming. A standards-compliant C program written with portability in mind can be compiled for a wide variety of computer platforms and operating systems with few changes to its source code.

----source Wikipedia

You forget to list your source. LOL!!

Comment

If you think this is an effective point you’re more of a dummy than I figured.

You’re trying to change the argument with a dummy red herring non issue because you’ve been caught lying yet again - Dat nah werk yuteman
                Last edited by Don1; October 18, 2019, 10:31 PM.

Comment

I am sure mi nah have fi tell you what plagiarism is. Mi expect better from you.

I don't have to lie, Everything I have done can be verified over and over.

Comment

LOL!!!!!!!!!!! Plagiarism? You're now confirmed to be more than a dummy

Yuteman this is an open social forum with all manner of posts routinely lifted from anywhere without attribution - as this is definitely not an academic forum. Plagiarism arises when one claims someone else's work as one's own - I made no such claim. I posted a crowd-sourced piece which showed your ignorance of the status of C.

Looks like you were shamed to be exposed as so ignorant and resorted to this nonsensical red herring about plagiarism .

As to your lying ways I'm not referring to nor concerned with your claims about "doing C" or receiving some ridiculous award. Along with your claims to have been an "economics tutor" I found your statement about "doing C" laughable. Your posts on economics are worthy of a mediocre HS student

You lie when you claim to know that C has 21st century applications as you'd dismissed it hours before as being a 1990s relic. Your ignorance on the status of the language is plain as day..as pointed out by USAF.

Again - it's no biggie to be ignorant of the status of a software language. But lying about something when there's clear evidence that you're lying.. is a different animal. Then using a ridiculous claim about plagiarism to deflect attention away from your lie mek tings wussa

Try again but better next time
                    Last edited by Don1; October 19, 2019, 01:52 PM.

Comment

HEART is equipped to do relatively low level worker upgrades as in tourism. Any upgrade is a positive...but what JA needs to compete and develop itself in Century 21 is TRANSFORMATION of the workforce.

JA needs to get serious about that kind of transformational education investment in enabling 21st century skill sets - say over 15-20 years. Or, as seems likely, continue to be left behind progressive countries with our low skill industries - like tourism - leading the economy into merely limping along

These are just facts which a few have long known, some are just getting up to speed with....and the overwhelming majority are totally ignorant of.

Comment

It doesn't matter. When a nuh you write it you must list your source. Simple as that, You luckly Mosiah nuh deh bout. Same thing make some people wanted to shut the forum some years ago. It is stated that your source must be listed.

Comment

LOL!!!! I wish you knew but I will leave you alone. I have no need to prove anything to you. Again I am very proud of my achievement and I don't have to impress you so hold your corner youthman. Any "lie" I tell can be easily proven true so gwaan talk.

Comment

Don your mistake is believing these guys will debate from a point of honesty and literacy.

I dont waste my time no more with these tribalist.
                            THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

How do you move people from no skill to highly skilled. That is the question.
                              Omar Davis tell you about the no skilled in his constituency.

Parents without skill usually don't spend enough effort to educate their kids. I don't agree with you that tourism is primarily a low skilled industry. They way were have been doing it or not doing is the main reason why were are not getting high yield and that is what Jangle is also saying.

In order to improve people in the short term HEART, CAP, community colleges etc. will have to be a part of any development. MOST country move from low skilled to medium skilled then highly skilled country. It is very hard to move from low to high. Not many countries do and most people who don't accept that are living a pipe dream.

This is the first time you are talking about a 20 year plan. That is realistic and a reasonable time to move a country forward. I have said OVER and OVER I am not against improvement in technology as you suggested, however we need improvement in other fields to maximize output, income and GDP. No country should depend on one or two industries when they have the potential for more.

Tourism is not the reason Jamaica is limping along. The reason Jamaica is limping along is the same reason we have a poor educational system. The reason is government, the reason is broken families, the reason is crime and corruption. You constantly blame tourism but without it Jamaica currently would have no GDP. HEART is not a final destination for most student who attend it is just a starting point. HEART is some case is offering associate degree. HEART is also used not only for professional skills but also personal development. Can you think of a better way to take kids out of a dangerous situation for a year and turning them around? Dr. Jeanette Dyer who had a baby in school and couldn't afford university as a kid is a graduate of HEART. She got an opportunity like so many other and she is now the head of HEART trust with a doctorate. There are many others like that.Like the US have BOCES and community colleges, we need this kind of institution the difference is HEART match you up with employers and provide stipend during training. Make no sense you knock HEART, it will always b
                              e around to serve a very useful purpose. The also have classes in Innovation and Technology at least one location I know. Not sure exactly the courses offered but they provide service to get people qualified.
                              Last edited by Assasin; October 19, 2019, 07:59 PM.

Comment

https://hcitelc.heart-nta.org

Shut up now. You know nothing about HEART. ADMIT THAT.

Comment

Working...
                                X