View Single Post
Old June 6th, 2019, 02:15 PM
Reggae Prime Minister

Quote:
I guess you support outlawing abortions also....as if that will stop the practice. Before abortion became legal, many a poor young women would die going to quacks, or sometimes they would use wire hangers and try to do it themselves.

As Elizabeth Warren said, "I've lived in an America where abortions were illegal and understand this: Women still got abortions,” Warren, a U.S. senator from Massachusetts, told host MSNBC's Chris Hayes. “Now, some got lucky on what happened and some got really unlucky on what happened."

Warren asserted that the Hyde Amendment disproportionately affects poor women.

Women of means will still have access to abortions," she said at Fort Wayne event. "Who won’t will be poor women, will be working women, will be women who can’t afford to take off three days from work, will be very young women who have been raped, will be women who have been molested by someone in their own family.”
You conflate prostitution with abortion. This is really moronic

Quote:
The same principles apply to prostitution. The practice will not stop and no amount of bible-beating opposition will change man's desires. I presume that you would prefer to have these poor young women continue to sell themselves in some dirty, dark and dangerous alleyway rather than in a clean and controlled environment. Legal prostitution works well in Amsterdam, Nevada and other places. There, sex workers have rights, are protected and pay taxes.
No. I'd rather they be re-educated and rehabilitated and that others considering your preferred options of prostitution be deterred and led to a more valuable life.

Your vision of Jamaican women selling themselves in a vast sex industry is obscene and reflects a rotted consciousness

Quote:
We share different opinions on what Jamaica needs to drive its development. Unlike you, I don't see the emphasis of Tourism as the main driver as being mutually exclusive with your argument of Knowledge acquisition. I see them as being complimentary to development. The issue is that you see Tourism as demeaning and as exploitation whereas I don't. My initial opposition to your thesis still remains the same. That is, "Transition from an economy based on low-skill/low value-add activities like tourism to one led by higher value-adding knowledge industries suitable for 21st century progress."
You are entitled to your backward thinking and being stuck in the mid-20th century. Not to mention having very low aspirations for JA. You would fit in very well in Alabama and similar backwaters

Quote:
Since we started this debate a little over a year ago, Jamaica's economy grew about 2%. Industries recording the strongest growth during the year were mining and quarrying up 32.5 per cent; agriculture, forestry and fishing up 4.1 per cent; [b]construction up 2.8 per cent; and hotels and restaurant up 1.7 per cent.
This info is meaningless. In economics there are concepts of "growth" and "development". They are not the same. Until you understand the difference and also understand what the 21st century is about it's pointless to discuss such issues with you. Mi might as well juss bun yuh out intamede

Suggest you take Development Economics 101

Caribbean National Robotics Champs - Not a useless Schools Quiz - A School Technology Challenge
Project TEAM Works - Creating Jamaica's 21st Century Workforce

Last edited by Don1 : June 6th, 2019 at 02:25 PM.