Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lee "Scratch" Perry

The Genius That Launched Bob Marley Pioneers New Sounds in the Digital Age

To hang with Lee "Scratch" Perry is to spend time with an out-of-this-world creative force. In addition to launching the careers of artists like Bob Marley, the musician and producer left his fingerprints all over the creation of music genres like reggae, dub, punk rock and hip-hop with his imaginative use of technology. Now in his 80s, this sonic pioneer continues to push musical boundaries by incorporating high-tech computer technology into his live performances
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/genius-la...114408029.html
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

True dat!!, if wi talk bout "tink outah di box" him is a incomparable example.

Comment

[QUOTE=Jangle;561814]The Genius That Launched Bob Marley Pioneers New Sounds in the Digital Age

To hang with Lee "Scratch" Perry is to spend time with an out-of-this-world creative force. In addition to launching the careers of artists like Bob Marley, the musician and producer left his fingerprints all over the creation of music genres like reggae, dub, punk rock and hip-hop with his imaginative use of technology. Now in his 80s, this sonic pioneer continues to push musical boundaries by incorporating high-tech computer technology into his live performances
      https://www.yahoo.com/news/genius-la...114408029.html[/QUOTE

If you want to experience Lee Scratch Perry's genius. ..listen to the ENTIRE Heart of the Congos album by the trio The Congos.

Listen the album from a good set.

Pure genius imo.

Most folks just listen the track Fisherman. Dig deeper and you will appreciate someone who is not a superficial musician.

Perry is to reggae as Herb ie Hancock is to jazz.
      The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Originally posted by myYout View Post
        True dat!!, if wi talk bout "tink outah di box" him is a incomparable example.
        Absolutely

Comment

Maybe I should take a 7th look at this fella.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

HL (GULP) you are absolutely correct. Excellent observation re the album. There, that wasn't as hard as I thought it would be.

Comment

.................The Rock...now you!!??.........
              The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Scatch remind me of Phil Spector. Have some very colourful sound and crazy as heck but are musically out of this world on the production side.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
                  The Genius That Launched Bob Marley Pioneers New Sounds in the Digital Age

https://www.yahoo.com/news/genius-la...114408029.html
                  'rasta by moonlight' a song out of this world.
                  Jamaica you mite get a Petroleum well with
                  United Oil by 1.31.26;You also has a NNPC option with the Abuja accord from 2022.What
                  happens then I don't know.A Petrol Well is
                  Probably forthcoming...

Comment

Working...
                  X