Tradesmen or Gunmen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tradesmen or Gunmen?

The last time I went to Jamaica, two years ago, I wanted to buy a bed for my Grandma. I have a friend who is a manager of a local furniture store and that was where I was thinking to buy a bed. My uncle who know Kingston insde out and is a small businessman selling his products all ove said no, let us go down town. We went to some almost abondon buildings somewhere close to the bottom of Orange street and some young youths have some bed on the corner of the streets. The beds were made same place there and the quality was good. Beause of the price I took two instead. Now them youth look like they would defender their corners but they made those beds and sold them at a decent price so I am wondering if there can't be other channel to get these youths to operate as a proper small business and in a productive environment.

I think they make very good money but somewhere in the back of their minds they think this is how they have to function.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

sass, no watch whe no man want to say, di video bout Ross kemp on Gangs-jamaica, i one of the best footage i have seen on the island. yo affi understand if ppl lack the basic essentials to life combined with lack of opportunity, di system indirectly forcing dem to the guns,

yo have a clue how gunman have CXC's, A levels, and even degrees from the redundant UWI and UTECH?

mi always have a joke whe mi run round mi bredgin dem up ya, "di jamaican dream is to come farin and live in a basement"
    Karl commenting on Maschaeroni's sending off, "Getting sent off like that is anti-TEAM!
    Terrible decision by the player!":busshead::Laugh&roll::Laugh&roll::eek::La ugh&roll:

Comment

Working...
    X