X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Burglar' turns out to be drunk neighbour

'Burglar' turns out to be drunk neighbour

amsterdam (reuters)
    A man in an eastern Dutch town went home last Saturday to find his lights on and his drunk neighbor welcoming him at the front door with a drink.

The drunken 53-year-old, who lives two doors down in the small town of Gasselternijveen, had broken into the wrong house after finding that his key didn't work, according to a police report. His furniture looked different, his dog was missing.
    The drunken neighbour was arrested for trespass, but has since offered to pay for damages.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

dem people drink HARD y'nuh! i went out to dinner with some friends while in germany and i asked for a glass of water...my friend dieter was mollified he said..."water is for washing the hands and the face, NEVER for drinking...that is why we have beer!!"

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
      dem people drink HARD y'nuh! i went out to dinner with some friends while in germany and i asked for a glass of water...my friend dieter was mollified he said..."water is for washing the hands and the face, NEVER for drinking...that is why we have beer!!"
      Guess I would not do well in Germany as I am now extremely sparing in use of beer and other alcoholic drinks.
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

"NOW" sparing?!!! looks like a lifetime of being less sparing has caught up with you! You've satisfied your life time quota at so young an age?!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
          "NOW" sparing?!!! looks like a lifetime of being less sparing has caught up with you! You've satisfied your life time quota at so young an age?!
          Yup! ...in the earlier days there where times when I had more than a 'few'! Yet...I was never what was called a 'big drinker'.

Comment

well ...how tall are you 5'6".....no matter how much you imbibed no one could ever call you a big drinker...EXILE now...dat is anedda story altogether!

Comment

Working...
            X