karl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• karl

mi an yuh seh wi a guh build house. we are 2 ambitious young men (well i'm not so young anymore). one of us just build the house and the other had engineering reports and made structural adjustments based on recommendations made by the reports. the houses are identical in appearance.

after 10 years all kinda structural defects begin to occur in the house without the planning (for arguments sake, let's call it my house) whilst no such problems can be found in your house. it be may fair you and i have achieved the same result we have a house but it would be accurate? i'm now having to patch it up with bandaid, which is at best temporary, and all you have to do it paint it every few years.

are we both to be judged as being successful in the plan upon which we embarked?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
    mi an yuh seh wi a guh build house. we are 2 ambitious young men (well i'm not so young anymore). one of us just build the house and the other had engineering reports and made structural adjustments based on recommendations made by the reports. the houses are identical in appearance.

after 10 years all kinda structural defects begin to occur in the house without the planning (for arguments sake, let's call it my house) whilst no such problems can be found in your house. it be may fair you and i have achieved the same result we have a house but it would be accurate? i'm now having to patch it up with bandaid, which is at best temporary, and all you have to do it paint it every few years.

are we both to be judged as being successful in the plan upon which we embarked?
    One was certainly more successful than the other...but...

What is the point of this? ...and, context?
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

point...one government may have had the same plan as a succeeding government however due to defects in its implementation it was not "successful".

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
        point...one government may have had the same plan as a succeeding government however due to defects in its implementation it was not "successful".
        Nice theory!
        ...and, one no one should disagree!

So?
        Well as far as our governments go, what is your definition of success?
        ...and, which of our governments have delivered what our people would call "success"?

Massa - The majority of our people have never had what we would call "comfortable living conditions"...and, our country has never had first rate infrastructure - think roads, light, water, ...expand that to think Health Services, Fire Services, Education - physical plants & equipment,
        Police - physical facilities and equipment, etc...services as per civil service and quasi-civil service...

There has aways been lack of jobs - high unemployment and under-employment.

We have always had high rate of illiteracy.

Poor transportation systems...(lack of effective all-island transportation systems?)...

...and we could go on and on!

Which of our governments since our first elections has delivered "success"?
        Last edited by Karl; October 4, 2007, 01:36 PM.
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

interesting karl....very interesting. thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
            Nice theory!
            ...and, one no one should disagree!

So?
            Well as far as our governments go, what is your definition of success?
            ...and, which of our governments have delivered what our people would call "success"?

Massa - The majority of our people have never had what we would call "comfortable living condidtions"...and, our country has never had first rate infrastructure - think roads, light, water, ...expand that to think Health Services, Fire Services, Education physical plants, equipment, Police physical facilities and equipment, etc...services as per civil service and quasi-civil service...

There has aways been lack of jobs - high unemployment and under-employment.

We have always had high rate of illiteracy.

Poor transportation systems...(lack of effective all-island transportation systems?)...

...and we could go on and on!

Which of our governments since our first elections has delivered "success"?
            There were 2 events since 1972 which derailed the progress towards what you are seeking.. can you guess what these were.

(hint, one occurred in 1972, the other occurred in 1989)

High growth prosects derailed by Failed Experiment in the 70's
            Recovery process of 80's derailed by Crash in the 90's

Can you guess the common denominator ?

That party that you cling tuh should be banished from the face of the earth as punishment... Jamaicas current plight is laid SQUARELY at their feet.. hop and skip and jump all you want..

Comment

Working...
            X