...another thing, Sir Lazie: Perkins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ...another thing, Sir Lazie: Perkins

ploughed right ahead trying to rip Omar Davies...

He said something somewhat like this - 'So the government is going down the same path as Omar Davies...has not changed course'. This he said in response to a the government raising some U$150Million dollars through some bond issue...'borrowing again' as he poured scorn on the action.

Seems as if he could not believe it - So he asked outright, "Is this the action of this government or Omar Davies"?

When his guest replied that "we have to give Omar Davies some credit as he had secured a $300million bond committment...and, had only used some of that...and, it was thus available to this government to use that avenue"...Mutty was stunned.

The guest went further and after commending Omar Davies and thus the previous government for reducing rate of inflation and also getting some breathing room by renegotiating some loan repayment schedules and arranging for new loans to have longer amortisation periods -

btw - they were moved from 5 years firstly then to 10 years then to 30 years - Everyone who has ever borrowed money knows what that means!

...Mutty asked, "well what do we have to do to get out of this problem"?

I guess Mutty must have died and gone to JLP hell when his guest heaped praise on Omar Davies - after the guest had told him that continued seaching for funds - grants, loans, etc. - widen the tax net, etc. - to fund the budget i.e. continue on "not changing course" and actively encourage inflows of investments and increase of local businesses and businesses activities.

Mutty: '...and, the previous government...Dr. Davies was unable to do that'.

His guest: 'The previous government were doing just that. Inflows of investments were increasing...Dr. Davies had some success'.

Thankfully for Mutty it was time for him to go. He went into a long harangue of pointing fingers at the previous government.

Well - as I said, the elections are over as Audley Shaw and Andrew Holness ...and, others have found out, it is time to stop lying! In any case the truth will catch up with them - so continued lying is foolish...a foolish strategy!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Yuh shoulda hear what did PNP had to say about Eddie Seaga when he retired.

LOL !! WHOEE !!

PNP Govt, Karl's failure (you admitted it).. why do you seek to praise failure Karl.. mi nuh unnastan.. please explain.

Comment

Originally posted by Maudib View Post
      Yuh shoulda hear what did PNP had to say about Eddie Seaga when he retired.

LOL !! WHOEE !!

PNP Govt, Karl's failure (you admitted it).. why do you seek to praise failure Karl.. mi nuh unnastan.. please explain.

...all I am saying is progress was made during the PNP's tenue...and, many advancements were made. I have said there were also areas where the 'rate of progress' was disappointing.

What is wrong with seeing progress in some areas and being disappointed on 'rate of progress' in others?
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
        ...all I am saying is progress was made during the PNP's tenue...and, many advancements were made. I have said there were also areas where the 'rate of progress' was disappointing.

What is wrong with seeing progress in some areas and being disappointed on 'rate of progress' in others?
        Suh wheh yuh seh, dem get 3.8 in English but overall GPA was 1.9...

Failure, no graduation but dem eloquent...

LOL !

Comment

Originally posted by Maudib View Post
          Suh wheh yuh seh, dem get 3.8 in English but overall GPA was 1.9...

Failure, no graduation but dem eloquent...

LOL !
          You can be funny!

Comment

Working...
          X