PM recommends 8 year old for National Honours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PM recommends 8 year old for National Honours

Prime Minister Bruce Golding has written to Governor-General Professor Kenneth Hall recommending two additions to the list of persons who will receive National Honours and awards this year.

A statement from Office of the Prime Ministers says Mr. Golding has recommended the conferment of the Badge of Honour for Gallantry on eight-year-old Don-Christopher Barnes.

Don-Christopher saved his friend's life after he fell into a pool earlier this year.

The Prime Minister has also recommended the conferment of the Order of Jamaica on Auditor-General Adrian Strachan.

Mr. Strachan is currently a member of the Order of Distinction in the rank of Commander.

The awards were recommended to the Governor-General in accordance with the provisions of the National Honours and Awards Act of 1969 and became effective on October 1.

The Governor-General will present the awards at the National Honours and Awards Ceremony at King's House on October 15.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

My aunty did dive in stream
    to save my sister who I accidentally pushed in the water (when I was a teenager) Ah pity Bruce wasn't PM then. ah well

Comment

Originally posted by Jawge View Post
      My aunty did dive in stream
      to save my sister who I accidentally pushed in the water (when I was a teenager) Ah pity Bruce wasn't PM then. ah well
      Jawge, the freaks come out at night. Isn't it too early for you?
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

What is so freakish about that rescue? Are you sick!?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
          What is so freakish about that rescue? Are you sick!?
          As you love to say, considering the source.

Comment

The worst thing is when people tek up odda people sinting and use it incorrectly. Try stay far from welders this week, Lazie!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
              The worst thing is when people tek up odda people sinting and use it incorrectly. Try stay far from welders this week, Lazie!
              no ... what is worse is you people and unuh hypocritical stance. The PM recommends the youth for his brave act, and the site comic want to mek a mockery of it. What you do? Waan step to Lazie .... check yuhself!

Comment

Fraid a you! Ah gwine tek whey misself right now!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

suh yuh are an attempted murderer? btw seeing as how is YOU push har why YOU neva jump in fi save har? instead yuh mek yuh poor granny risk har life?!!

who was PM at the time? yuh granny DEFINITELY deserve a medal.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

It was him aunty who saved har. Jawge, yuh aunty younger dan yuh, right?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

badmind ah guh kill yuh...

Comment

sarry...aunty. where was chivalry that day jawge?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Seeit deh now. Bruce a gi medal to pure uptown people. No Downtown man have swimming pool

Comment

Chivalry? Who name suh?! Him aunty name Clarice!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

ha ha ha! Yuh nuh see whey him name - Don Christopher! Is one area don, and him is ongle 8!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                              X