Actually there was a Diaspora group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Actually there was a Diaspora group

involved in the JLP election campaign and put out a few ads on TV, one especially about Portia's constituency being a disgrace and I am willing to bet they also made serious financial contributions to the overall campaign as well.

I recall one woman who attended either the inauguration or one of the many official ceremonies since the elections talking about their role in the elections and said she was waiting to hear about the foreign vote.

Sounds to me like they were able to get some promise from Bruce that he would try to change legislation to give them the vote in exchange for their money in his campaign.
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

as usual jawge wake up and write what him dream!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

how unnu can put something inna nothing so? A wonder which group the woman come from. The jamaican Diaspora groups been meeting with both parties from how long? I remember I went to Casa Montego in 1979-1980 When PJ Paterson hosted a diaspora group. So what is the problem if Bruce meet this one group or a 100. How unnu know they donate money in return for votes? I have been to many group meetings and heard them on radio and I have never heard any group really pushing voting in Ja. Individuals may want it but we all know it is far from reality. I have not seen where any JLP or PNP campaigns have made this a priority or have advocate this so I wonder how you come to this conculsion?
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

talk louder jawge might hear yuh and vank from yet another issue on which he is clueless....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Assasin can be such an idiot...He never heard the interview with the woman, he has no idea where she came from but he will jump to defend Bruce and the JLP government.

The fact is that she did say they paid for a lot of the political ads that ran on national TV and theee Ads were pro JLP and Anti PNP and she did say "we are now waiting to hear about the overseas vote" and that was a quote as well.

Why would she wait for some thing that was not implied or promised?
          Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
          Che Guevara.

Comment

a mi a di idiot or the woman?

you need fi stop sometimes and think. Have you ever seen this on any JLP agenda? This is not a priority on anybody's list whether it is the pnp or jlp. The most they will promise is "we will look into it".

A wonder how many a the JLP ads them really paid for? and who is this woman, what group is she from?
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Your first statement said a few ads now you are saying they paid for a lot of the ads. Which is it? Get your report straight. BTW I went to a townhall meeting held in ATL (March 07) with Mr Golding and the issue of the diaspora vote was raised. He was very non committal at best to the idea. He seemed in my opinion to be more in favor of finding a way for Jamaicans living overseas to have some voice in JA affairs but not necessarily a vote. The event was attended by supporters of both parties. BTW Assasin we don't think you are an idiot.

Comment

thanks sah

Comment

how come jawge nuh join this discussion?

Comment

So another idiot gives you the thumbs up and you are placated....have it your way...
                    Che Guevara.

Comment

"So another idiot gives you the thumbs up and you are placated....have it your way..."

Again where did you get that impression? You certainly can jump the gun eeehhh.

all I said was 'thanks sah" did it say all of that?

You love the name calling fi a big man eehhh? You can make your point without it, as you have no idea who the person is.

Comment

Is name calling all you got out of journalist 101? Must not have been paying attention.

Comment

Are you who I think you are?

If so your credential is large in the journalism field so Sickko can gwaan

Comment

I am sure my credentials are not as impressive as his. BTW how is the label?

Comment

took a family break, move inna your area and a try restart a thing.

I understand you big up one a mi prodigy who relocated from NY. We have to link up brethren. How is things with you? can't hear you, I have just been wondering what up.

Comment

Working...
                              X