Pay up Audley!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

amen willi! AAAAMEN!!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

what else did I ask for?
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
        You said it, so live up to it. FIND THE MONEY.Also, apologise to the lady for saying you did not.

I want to apologise to her, as I thought she was recklessly bluffing and pursuing a bad strategy, as she did not provide the evidence till now.

Caught! - Tape reveals finance minister's double-pay promise for nurses
        published: Tuesday | October 2, 2007

Left: Shaw... "While doubling the nurses' salary might appear to be ambitious, I don't believe it is. I believe that in the context of where you are starting from, it is still a relatively modest pay." Right: Allwood-Anderson ... "The NAJ, by November, will be submitting our claim and we expect that the Minister of Finance will be true to his word, of doubling nurses' salary."

The Nurses Association of Jamaica (NAJ) yesterday tightened the screws on Finance Minister Audley Shaw, sharing details of a recording in which Mr. Shaw, then in opposition, gave several commitments to significantly increase their compensation.

It was on July 19, 2006 that Mr. Shaw, addressing the nurses at a Founders' Day function, promised, among other things, to see to the doubling of their pay, upon becoming finance minister.

"I would like to give the commitment that, as minister of finance, that would have to be just the starting position", he said then, in reference to the 100-per-cent pay.

There was much more that would have to be done over time to take the pay of nurses up to an acceptable standard, he said.

In that address Mr. Shaw first identified two specific measures that he said should be introduced to improve the lot of nurses. One was a 'risk differential', a special allowance which would be given to nurses working on night shifts or other odd hours. The other measure he identified was the scrapping of taxation on overtime pay. "We believe that overtime work for nurses should not attract any taxes," he stressed.

Having got the attention of the nurses with those two measures, Mr. Shaw then went on to the issue of take-home pay, prefacing his remark with the somewhat prophetic comment: "I hope I don't get myself into deep trouble for this!"

Referring to calls being made then by Edith Allwood-Anderson, NAJ president, for nurses' pay to be doubled, he said, "I want to publicly support that position."

That measure, he argued, was not a great deal. To illustrate his point, he helpfully calculated that it would merely mean that a nurse, with a master's degree in Jamaica, would see her US$540-per-month salary moving up to $1,080 per month. This was "only 20 per cent or 15 per cent" of what she would be receiving in the United States, he suggested.
        "While doubling the nurses' salary might appear to be ambitious, I don't believe it is. I believe that in the context of where you are starting from, it is still a relatively modest pay," he stated.

As for where the money would be found to deliver on this promise, the then opposition spokesman on finance said this could be realised by "cutting out the corruption and nepotism" in the award of government contracts.

Doubling the nurses' pay would cost the country only $4 billion, he asserted, calculating that by avoiding "just one scandal alone we can find one year's potential salary towards you getting that double compensation".

As if anticipating that his audience would not take his words seriously, he added, "I don't want you to be cynical about it!"

Mrs. Allwood-Anderson, add-ressing a Gleaner Editors' Forum last week, recalled this promise, asserting that she had it on tape. She said that the NAJ would be holding Mr. Shaw to his words, given freely at the Founders' Day luncheon.

When questioned by The Gleaner afterwards, Mr. Shaw said that he could not recall making any such commitment.

Yesterday, as Mrs. Allwood Anderson reviewed the tape, she could not resist an impish smile as she heard once again, the promises made by Mr. Shaw, who is now responsible for the national purse. "The NAJ, by November, will be submitting our claim and we expect that the Minister of Finance will be true to his word, of doubling nurses' salary," she emphasised.

The Gleaner has been kind to Minister Shaw as his emphatic statement that he made no such promise...a lie...was hidden here.

Willi - I asked you to consider the fact that Mrs. Alllwood-Anderson may have held back on releasing the tape - if there was a tape - to give the Honourable...some would say "dis-honourable JLP Minister...." (I am in election mode)..who has not yet even 'warmed his bench'...time to reach common ground or embrass himself. Well he chose the latter!

More to come!
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Bwoy, it look like seh yuh run your Pom-Poms through a shredder !

LOL !!

Comment

Better days coming for nurses - Shaw
            published: Wednesday | October 3, 2007

The push by theNurses Association of Jamaica (NAJ) for a doubling of the salaries paid to its members by the current administration, may not materialise any time soon, but the health sector group has been assured that "better days are coming under the Jamaica Labour Party Government".

The NAJ says it will hold the Government to a promise made while it was in Opposition to double the pay of nurses.

"I would like to give the commitment that, as Minister of Finance, that would have to be just the starting position," Mr. Shaw told nurses at a Founders' Day function on July 19, 2006.

Speaking with journalists yesterday after the sitting of Parliament, Mr. Shaw said he remained sympathetic to the plight of the nurses who have been "grossly underpaid".

Mr. Shaw had a message for the NAJ President, Edith Allwood- Anderson. "I would say to her better days are coming under the Labour Party Government because what we are going to do is to run the economy in such a way that the Government will be able to pay our public sector workers, including our nurses, a better and more comfortable living wage".

He said the only way "we could do that is when we grow the economy by increments of six to 10 per cent per year".

Mr. Shaw insisted that nurses in Jamaica were poorly remunerated, (and) "something has to be done about that".
            He said his colleague Minister, Dwight Nelson would now have to address the issue, "as to how these problems can be mitigated in the short and in the medium and in the long term".
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Promise or no promise, the nurses' salaries deserve to doubled! Nurses with master's degrees taking home less than $50,000/month?!!? MADNESS!!!

Double dem pay!!!!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                Better days coming for nurses - Shaw
                published: Wednesday | October 3, 2007

The push by theNurses Association of Jamaica (NAJ) for a doubling of the salaries paid to its members by the current administration, may not materialise any time soon, but the health sector group has been assured that "better days are coming under the Jamaica Labour Party Government".

The NAJ says it will hold the Government to a promise made while it was in Opposition to double the pay of nurses.

"I would like to give the commitment that, as Minister of Finance, that would have to be just the starting position," Mr. Shaw told nurses at a Founders' Day function on July 19, 2006.

Speaking with journalists yesterday after the sitting of Parliament, Mr. Shaw said he remained sympathetic to the plight of the nurses who have been "grossly underpaid".

Mr. Shaw had a message for the NAJ President, Edith Allwood- Anderson. "I would say to her better days are coming under the Labour Party Government because what we are going to do is to run the economy in such a way that the Government will be able to pay our public sector workers, including our nurses, a better and more comfortable living wage".

He said the only way "we could do that is when we grow the economy by increments of six to 10 per cent per year".

Mr. Shaw insisted that nurses in Jamaica were poorly remunerated, (and) "something has to be done about that".
                He said his colleague Minister, Dwight Nelson would now have to address the issue, "as to how these problems can be mitigated in the short and in the medium and in the long term".
                "We could do that is when we grow the economy by increments of six to 10 per cent per year"

OK? - when we grow the economy by increments of six to 10 percent per year"?

So is it the economy will grow 6%-10% next year i.e. 2008, and then the nurses will receive the promised doubling of salaries and other promised goodies?

...when we grow the economy by increments of 6% and 10%...increments?

So how many years of these increments...2 years? ...3 years?
                4 years (2012? - JLP may be out of office...and that damn promise would have been never kept????)? ...but, supposed there is no succeeding increments of 6%-10% growth of the economy?

...will the nurses get 'what the duck gets'? f@#$%&^%$#ked?

Comment

Well is dem mi did see pon CIN
                  ah carry on an ah diss the then PNP govt. cause man promise dem big money Nuh care wha yuh do certain tings in life just nuh change.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                    Promise or no promise, the nurses' salaries deserve to doubled! Nurses with master's degrees taking home less than $50,000/month?!!? MADNESS!!!

Double dem pay!!!!
                    Mek wi try find di 18 Billion Omar spend under di covers fuss nuh.. Nurse need fi allow some more time to figure out really how deep the hole is dem cover up.

Mi cyaan believe Audley underestimate the corruption and deception of Omar suh...

Comment

But him nuh learn him lesson yet? Him still a mek more promises?!?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

LOL !! WHOOOEEE !!

Massa.. di Nurses dem dun rape off fi 18 years.. is wheh yuh a bawl bout exactly ?

COMEDY !!!

Comment

Working...
                        X