Mi read dis article bout three

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mi read dis article bout three

times an still nuh get it. What is going on here?

Mummy Tummies
    By Novia McDonald-Whyte Lifestyle editor
    Monday, October 01, 2007

Forgive the babbling, but Edna Manley Textiles & Fabric Arts graduate 23-year-old Michela Lee's "Mummy Tummies" has us all pretty gung-ho.

Okay, not enough to want to contemplate sleepless nights and colic, but perhaps to retrieve all of those Tiffany rattlers and to present instead Lee's custom-made tummies. The idea is certainly not new to the world, but it's certainly something novel for those of us constantly in search of the next 'wow'.

Step 4. Caste is removed. And mum-to-be Suzanne Hendricks examines her Mummy Tummy along with Michela Lee (right) and Racquel Jenkins.

Watching the ever-so-petite and sweet Lee work is to watch an artist in search of perfection and without revealing too much, she's had to assume the role of cosmetic surgeon too - I mean, not all pregnant mums will look like Demi Moore immortalised forever on the cover of Vanity Fair, and we can already imagine just how fabulous Halle will look when she unveils the tummy.

Lee, who stumbled into this as a result of wanting to make something special for a pregnant neighbour was herself blown away by the absolute satisfaction she felt as she found a way to preserve 'the pregnant glow.'

"Papier mâché was my first option.it kept the shape but was nothing compared to the Plaster of Paris bandages cut into strips," explains Lee, whose artistic training is deployed each day by Super Plus as a special projects manager.

The first mould, made three years ago soon after her return from post-graduate studies in Conceptual Art & Sculpture, Land Art and Environment at the Pont-Aven School in France, has increased to a mere six. "I get referrals and let's face it, Mummy Tummies are still pretty novel."

They are indeed, with some mothers opting for a temporary tummy paint-job instead of a mould. After watching mum-to-be Suzanne Hendricks' belly-cast (she is in fact due anytime soon) we're eager to spread the word. And what happens to the mould after it's made, we feel obliged to ask? "Treat it the way you would a piece of art," suggests Lee. That, we recommend, should be very easy to do.

Attention all family and friends of the fabulously pregnant Billie-Jean Constantine, I've already booked Lee. So sorry!

Great and novel, until babies are born with a mummy-like glow, as in pharaoh mummy!
    Last edited by Mosiah; October 1, 2007, 11:14 AM.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
      Great and novel, until babies are born with a mummy-like glow!
      I do not know...but, then I am a mere man...but, tell me what is so great about making a cast of a bloated belly?
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

so yuh know wha dem
        ah deal wid mo?

Comment

Mi cyaan understan
          it neither an mi is lass fi disrespek women. Now if di women were still on di site this would be cleared up long time ago. Wait MDmex whey yuh gone, come bout quick.

Comment

Bloated belly! Yikes! Is she ill?!?! Or malnutritious?!?

Yes, Jawge. I think they are making a cast of a pregant woman's belly for her centretable. IKEA is going to make millions from this!
            Last edited by Mosiah; October 1, 2007, 11:19 AM.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

These uptown women have to find something to do since they can no longer spend their days on the verandah cussing the PNP govt.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

ah see said the
                blind man. LOL wooeeeeeeeee.

Comment

Faulty generalization Mo....are you saying uptown women all use to cuss the PNP govt., all uptown women use to cuss.., these women have nothing to do.., ??? Pls don't respond.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                    These uptown women have to find something to do since they can no longer spend their days on the verandah cussing the PNP govt.

...also, I have noticed the talk-shows of Perkins and Nationwide News Network have more 'theme music' these days as the cussing is now limited to the moderators!
                    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Nuh too study Mo, ah
                      so him flex more time. was kinda funny though.

Comment

Plus...sm will say JLP woman dem no so good looking.

Comment

heh heh!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Aah exile, yuh couldn't
                            leff dat alone eeeh? so far dem three labourite (mi juss a draw card) nah do too bad fi demself. Even Michela haff suppen ah gwaan. Mi see dem
                            as Jakan women. Why mi mek yuh drag mi into dis though?

Comment

Working...
                            X