Opposition Leader ready to talk.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opposition Leader ready to talk.

Karreck mi if m wrong, but wasnt Portia sitting right there at King's House during the inauguration ceremony when Bruce spoke DIRECTLY to her?

Friday, 28 September 2007
    Opposition Leader Portia Simpson Miller says she is yet to get a formal invitation from Prime Minister Bruce Golding to engage in bilateral discussion on a range of issues to enhance the system of governance in Jamaica.

Mr. Golding publicly extended the invitation to Mrs. Simpson Miller during his inaugural address as Prime Minister earlier this month.

He had served notice that he would be inviting the Opposition to play an integral role in governance during his acceptance speech after the General Election on September 3.

But Mrs. Simpson Miller Friday said while she is willing to engage in the talks with Government she has not received a formal signal from Mr. Golding.

"Of course I am willing to speak to Mr. Golding, anytime. I would be irresponsible if Mr. Golding made a call and I did not go to speak to him. I am willing at anytime to speak to him," said Mrs. Simpson Miller.

"But I cannot respond to something said by way of the radio or the papers. Mr. Golding has not said to me ‘Portia, I want to talk to you', if Mr. Golding wants to speak to me I will speak with him any time. I will do anything in the interest of Jamaica," she said.

Originally posted by Willi View Post
    Karreck mi if m wrong, but wasnt Portia sitting right there at King's House during the inauguration ceremony when Bruce spoke DIRECTLY to her?

Friday, 28 September 2007

He had served notice that he would be inviting the Opposition to play an integral role in governance during his acceptance speech after the General Election on September 3.

But Mrs. Simpson Miller Friday said while she is willing to engage in the talks with Government she has not received a formal signal from Mr. Golding.
    Come! Come, Willi!
    You know that was expressing what his intentions are! Surely you did not expect the Opposition Leader to take a ticket and wait outside the PM's door.

If the PM is serious he will send written invitation to the Opposition Leader.

If I were the Opposition Leader I would not even attend if I received a telephone call....mek im guh hen-ba rraaas mi (ha-gen...im duh hit hat di swearin him...mek joke pan mi -laf haf-tah mi! ) by hat di las minute ave nedda ha-point-ment? ....or, claim a nuh di im pan di phone?

Written or nut-ten...his nat lacka wi a fren fram lang time han a da-mi-noes wi a guh play!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
      Come! Come, Willi!
      You know that was expressing what his intentions are! Surely you did not expect the Opposition Leader to take a ticket and wait outside the PM's door.

If the PM is serious he will send written invitation to the Opposition Leader.

If I were the Opposition Leader I would not even attend if I received a telephone call....mek im guh hen-ba rraaas mi (ha-gen...im duh hit hat di swearin him...mek joke pan mi -laf haf-tah mi! ) by hat di las minute ave nedda ha-point-ment? ....or, claim a nuh di im pan di phone?

Written or nut-ten...his nat lacka wi a fren fram lang time han a da-mi-noes wi a guh play!
      I agree that a written invit is appropriate, however I am talking about this quote:

"But I cannot respond to something said by way of the radio or the papers. Mr. Golding has not said to me ‘Portia, I want to talk to you', if Mr. Golding wants to speak to me I will speak with him any time. I will do anything in the interest of Jamaica," she said.

Comment

I agree that a written invit is appropriate, however I am talking about this quote:

Fair statement!
        Even if they were embracing! Those words were only showing intent!
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Fair statement!
          Even if they were embracing! Those words were only showing intent!
          Portia was too busy with war plans..

Stap di nonsense Karl.. please.

Comment

Originally posted by Maudib View Post
            Portia was too busy with war plans..

Stap di nonsense Karl.. please.
            You would be an idiot to claim Bruce wanted to see you. The PM must make the first official move...Portia clearly said she was available at the PM's pleasure.

What more do you want...a bow down and kiss the ground?

Comment

What more do you want...a bow down and kiss the ground?
              That would be appropriate seeing that Bruce setting the table for good governance. She rules for 18 months and corruption was much worse than in PJ's 14 years.
              "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

2 weeks late though.

Better late than never, so I am encouraged.

Comment

Come now, willi. Talk about dwelling on the trivia.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

is it trivial that she kept up a confrontational mood?

Why does she get a free pass to warp reality? She gets to deny what the whole world saw? I have a problem with that.

Comment

is it trivial that she kept up a confrontational mood?

Why does she get a free pass to warp reality? She gets to deny what the whole world saw? I have a problem with that.
                      Of necessity the opposition party - matters not where in the world - is always on collision course with the ruling party. Anytime there is a convergence of views and acceptance it is beneficial to the opposition party to reinforce going down that path.

Bruce and the JLP were confrontational, strident, downright worked extremely hard to denigrate, throw - fish on each and every move of the ruling PNP and its leader.

...and, they have succeeded to a certain degree. Just look at the many nonsensical arguments on the "PNP didi nothing for 18 years"..."Portia is incapable of managing the affairs of the country"...

The arguments fly in the face of reason...yet, supposedly persons who should know better presently - I use "presently" advisedly as I am confident there will be many re-visits to Portia's performance as the head of various Ministries and her rule as PNP will be sensibly judged in the context of the short 18 months she was PM - believe it.

If the JLP had to agree with a PNP position - it was always with a caveat - e.g. 'Yes...but, they should have been doing more and we shall do better'...or, 'what took them so long' - with its subtle or not so subtle undertone of 'ongle ediat dem cudden see a dat fi duh'...or, whatever.

The crys of why Portia is so confrontational is hollow! The overtures Bruce is now touting is as "Greeks with olive branch"...patently false!

Comment

Be that as it may...the woman bare faced in saying that Bruce did not invite her to talk when he did so directly to her at the inauguration. You want a link to the video?? What you think she wasnt ther?

As to the confrontation argument, I am not saying that she must acquisce to everything...not at all, we need a strong opposition. However, it is pointless to be ranting and raging and a priori rule out any engagement! This is why I am glad that she seems to be coming around.

BTW, the people originally saying that Portia cant manage the wuk were not in the JLP...

Comment

Okay. So what should she do next?

Willi, the ball is still in Bruce's court. Stop being cultist!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                            Okay. So what should she do next?

Willi, the ball is still in Bruce's court. Stop being cultist!
                            Stop abusing the word. Same ting yuh duh with 'Liar'

cult (kŭlt) Pronunciation Key
                            n.

A religion or religious sect generally considered to be extremist or false, with its followers often living in an unconventional manner under the guidance of an authoritarian, charismatic leader.
                            The followers of such a religion or sect.
                            Obsessive, especially faddish, devotion to or veneration for a person, principle, or thing.
                            The object of such devotion.

'Shadow Ministry of Faith Based initiatives..'

Heh, heh.

Comment

matter of opinion, and yours does not matter.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                              X