The Comrade them a grab at straws

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Comrade them a grab at straws

instead of attacking every little foolishness them need fi settle and make the JLP make blunder fi them criticise.

When people hear them a talk bout some little trival things the last 18 years of broken promises is still in the mind of the Jamaican people. How crime going to get better, how we will become a first world country with first rate education, how we will be pothole free, water is life, free education, getting rid of corruption, etc. people looking and seeing within a week or two of taking office Bruce has already made commitment and start working towards some of his promises like free education, Real Estate tax, etc. so many will give him time. The promises many of them never thought they would see. Let the man them go out and renegociate some ot their debts and start grow the economy then them can come pressure.
    How hypocritical, where were the people holding PJ and Portia to their promises? I never hear them say peep about free education or vote them out fi pothole free and water is life.

The nurses should have waited for at least two months to make such outrageous demand as Audley Shaw not even siddun inna him chair yet, why them never pressure Davis before the election period?
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
    The nurses should have waited for at least two months to make such outrageous demand as Audley Shaw not even siddun inna him chair yet, why them never pressure Davis before the election period?
    Why is it you ....rites want us to believe every 'Nancy story' unnuh cum up wid?

This past PNP government was under horrendous pressure from every sectyor of the society!

For example, Ask Mosiah bout fi im group?

Why is it you ...ites want us to believe you where soft and sweet and civilised during the preceeding several years and not 'a ragga-ragga-up' unnuh self at each an ebry ho-cay-shan unnuh ho-pen unuuh mout?

...a story unnuh jus tell story suh much till unnuh nuh eeeven kno wen a story uunnuh a tell?

memba di 'nancy story bout PNP nuh duh nutten bout water systems? mi si yuh a try bring hit back hup!

----

One likke piece -

"Nurses blast Government of Jamaica in salary stand-off"

Jamaica Gleaner
    Wednesday, July 12th, 2006

On July 11, 2006 several members of the Nurses Association of Jamaica protested the lack of response by the government in their long-standing calls for salary renegotiation.

The Gleaner’s July 11 article “Nurses Blast Government” highlighting the demonstration orchestrated by members of the very disgruntled Nurses’ Association of Jamaica has led me to rethink why citizens of a democracy delegate authority to politicians. One of the most fundamental responsibilities entrusted to a responsive government is ensuring that there is sufficient provision of health care services. The leadership structure in Jamaica is falling well short of its duty to ensure that this priority is being met and this shortcoming is indicative of other areas of similar poor performances which are stunting our island’s development.

In all fairness, the challenges that Prime Minister Simpson-Miller faces are immense and require sizeable resources and skills that at present, Jamaica seems unable to harness at the present time. Nonetheless, the brewing crisis in the health care sector is one that our nation can conceivably manage. Indeed one cannot disagree with Mrs. Allwood-Anderson that the Prime Minister, as well as key officials in the Ministry of Health must proactively engage with the NAJ and break the prevailing silence.

The beauty and beast of globalisation is the reduced restrictions on movement of labour. It is no secret that larger countries are having considerable success poaching our nurses and the recent developments in the CARICOM suggests that regional integration has the potential to exacerbate these tendencies whereby key personnel will emigrate from poorer to richer islands. The health care sector is too critical for the workers’ concerns to be taken lightly. The NAJ has patiently voiced their apprehension and we are currently faced with a disturbing situation. It has been reported that about fifty health care professionals leave the island each month in search of more promising employment opportunities elsewhere; this is not sustainable. There is already a high risk of burn-out for individuals working in such a high stress profession and as one nurse reported, the present poor nurse-to-patient ratio undeniably compromises the quality of treatment.

It would be difficult, if not infeasible, for Jamaica to match the remuneration that more affluent countries like the U.S. and U.K. can offer to health care professionals; however, the government cannot sit idly by and ignore the problems caused by the ongoing brain drain. No reasonable person can expect nurses to be content with stagnant wages when potentially more lucrative compensation is there to lure them abroad.

Casting the burden on the prime minister for the ongoing debacle is a bit unreasonable; however, the Ministry of Health, ex cathedra, should have been intimately aware of the problems and ought to have devised and advanced sustainable solutions. Irrespective of this, the prime minister can help Jamaicans as well as her own ambitions at election time by respectfully reaching out to the NAJ and finding at least a temporary agreement based on the mutual understanding that a timetable for negotiations toward a more comprehensive solution is in place.

The problems facing Jamaica are so great that we have no time for lollygagging. We must protect the future of Jamaican health care by compensating nurses with the wages more worthy of their professional contributions and that are reasonable enough to attract a suitable pool of potential health care workers in the years to come.

COHA Research Associate David Smikle
    July 12th, 2006
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Assasin...cho!

When this JLP was right backa dese groups who were hounding the govt. for salary increases, where were you to display reason and calm?

How long should these groups give the govt. before they make their requests? How much full tank a SUV gas should they have used up before wi mek demands of them?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

"This past PNP government was under horrendous pressure from every sectyor of the society!"

Heh, heh.

Like a spoiled child, the PNP only suffers by the lack of appropriate oversight and punishment by the people.. it does them and thus the country no good.

The JLP benefits from the 'save us now' attitude of the people as it FORCES them to be on the from day 1.

End result.. 1 good parent, 1 spoilt child.

In the end, not good for the country because the 'spoiled favorite son' will always get a second, third and fourth chance...

Comment

Why are you so disingenuous...sorry down right lie...you seem to forget the many threats of strike and go slow that the NAJ carried out in the last nine months of the PNP governmnet.

One time it appears the NAJ was in the news every day for weeks with Edith Alwood James on every talk show and news programme.

Then again you cant help your self, like Lazie unnu can only get news from the Internet and not here at ground zero to get all the news.
          Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
          Che Guevara.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
            Why are you so disingenuous...sorry down right lie...you seem to forget the many threats of strike and go slow that the NAJ carried out in the last nine months of the PNP governmnet.

One time it appears the NAJ was in the news every day for weeks with Edith Alwood James on every talk show and news programme.

Then again you cant help your self, like Lazie unnu can only get news from the Internet and not here at ground zero to get all the news.
            There is nothing wrong with getting the news from the net, as a matter of fact we tend to know more than some of who at 'ground zero'

Time unuh stop acting petty and bitter Sickko, yuh behaving like a wife that just found out har husband leaving for another woman. GET OVER IT!!!
            "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

There is no way the Internet can ever be better than being there...you need to stop the foolishness.

Check yourself and your idiotic statements
              Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
              Che Guevara.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
                There is no way the Internet can ever be better than being there...you need to stop the foolishness.

Check yourself and your idiotic statements

Who is being idiotic? As mi say, mi deh yah fi educate, luckily fi you, not humiliate.

Who said it was better? Stop attempting to twist my words. We talking about access to what is going on.

There are those that listen to Irie FM and as the news come on dem switch to another station. With the internet there are the archives of the gleaner, the search engine of the gleaner, Observer and RJR, JIS etc. As the man yuh wanted to be PNP president, if yuh want to hide something from Jamaicans, put it inna book."

Example, some ites were talking about tuition free education cannot solve the problem, which is true. However the night before on CVM TV the then opposition had indicated that they intend to do more than free tuition. Which part those ites live? Yaad.

Suh, who need fi check demself? Man up and stop being bitter. A dat dem teach unuh a CC?
                Last edited by Lazie; September 27, 2007, 06:49 PM.
                "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

so Mo you think these people serious? The JLP not even sit inna parliament yet and them expect to have 100% increase? Where in the world did this ever happen?

Yes hold them to their promises but anybody with a little sense would know that when a government take power you have to give them time to settle themselves and select their teams etc. first to at least sort themselves out and there is a transition period. If Shaw told them in the first three months it is not even two weeks yet.

You within your heart know that that is ridiculos so I need not say anymore.
                  • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Yes she was but after negociating with the govt for how long?

The fact is they could have strike and they didn't. They didn't demand 100% increase either. The JLP hasn't even chosen their advisor yet. You want to give people time to move out of government house but not the government to set up their committees and directors first.

Sickko if it was three months then it would be. Sickko you have no idea where I get all my news, not that it is all correct and I believe everything I read or hear. I can tell you that I have friends who I went to school with in the media, plus others I know through family connection but I choose not to bug them everytime. If you notice whenever you write what I think is a good article I have no problem telling you so as if it presented with facts and sources which lead to an opinion whether I support it or not I accept it as a good piece. Ms James would be rightly served if she wait until the ministry of health and finance is properly choosen and go and negociate first, not to use the bully pulprit.

Comment

Who said the JLP didn't have 5 people to lead the parliament?

What if people follow those leads?

Comment

The fact is they could have strike and they didn't. They didn't demand 100% increase either. The JLP hasn't even chosen their advisor yet. You want to give people time to move out of government house but not the government to set up their committees and directors first.

Sickko if it was three months then it would be. Sickko you have no idea where I get all my news, not that it is all correct and I believe everything I read or hear. I can tell you that I have friends who I went to school with in the media, plus others I know through family connection but I choose not to bug them everytime. If you notice whenever you write what I think is a good article I have no problem telling you so as if it presented with facts and sources which lead to an opinion whether I support it or not I accept it as a good piece. Ms James would be rightly served if she wait until the ministry of health and finance is properly choosen and go and negociate first, not to use the bully pulprit.
                        Sickko nuh care whey yuh get yuh news, him just want everybody fi follow him defend almshouse and form the fool.

Comment

Sass: Why do you leave out the meetings...informal though they may be...between members of the then opposition and now government persons and the support for increase salaries to the nurses given while in opposition by the now government members?

That comming together of the minds on the need for 'tremendous increases' by the NAJ and the now government members is the context...clearly framed by Audley Shaw -firstly "I do not remember..." and later stating categorically that he had not promised the level increase stated by the president of the NAJ - and clearly framed by by the president of the NAJ who claimed Mr. Shaw was on, what the NAJ president claimed was recorded video promising 'tremendous increases'.

As a klan member you can play games with how you frame your defense of the JLP...

...but, we fool only ourselves if we think 'the people' are fools unable to see through the 'spin'.
                          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

so Karl what is wrong if an opposition meet the NAJ? Do you think the PNP going to do it? nothing is wrong with that.

The NAJ leadership however should know better as they need to meet with necessary minister and and start defending their position, not to be yelling in the streets before that.

Now it change from 100% increase to Trememdous? Who wouldn't agree that the nurses deserve more? The fact is this is neither the time or the right forum to defend their increase and yes they deserve some good increase.

Comment

The NAJ leadership however should know better as they need to meet with necessary minister and and start defending their position, not to be yelling in the streets before that.
                              Did you have a problem with that MO when the PNP was govt., because they used to do the exact same thing!?!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                              X