I don't get it - the JLP govt. cites the promises

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't get it - the JLP govt. cites the promises

made in its manifesto every chance it gets - Ed Bartlett, Andrew Holness, Golding, etc. - yet doesn't want us to do likewise.

With regards to the nurses, I guess because the doubling of their salary is not in the manifesto then no one has a right to bring it up, even if promised at some other time in the campaign.

Perkins and his callers have spent much of the day dragging the NAJ's president thru the mud today. Well, I hope they realise who holds the handle, who holds the syringe, the plastic part!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Hs it been established that a 100% raise was promised??

After all, I heard that some alledge that JLP used the Maid and Gardener COMMENT in their campaign, but not a shred of evidence has been brought to the fore.

I go where the evidence takes me, not pon the politicking.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
      made in its manifesto every chance it gets - Ed Bartlett, Andrew Holness, Golding, etc. - yet doesn't want us to do likewise.

With regards to the nurses, I guess because the doubling of their salary is not in the manifesto then no one has a right to bring it up, even if promised at some other time in the campaign.

Perkins and his callers have spent much of the day dragging the NAJ's president thru the mud today. Well, I hope they realise who holds the handle, who holds the syringe, the plastic part!
      Dragging through the mud? Mr. Perkins asked her publicly to come with the tape so he can air it, this was after hearing her hop scotching on the Breakfast Club this morning.

Since she have di tape, buss it. Why hold it back. She Shaw come out and deny making any such statement.

At what point the JLP nuh want no one fi make reference to the manifesto?
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

I don't know myself if it was promised. If Edith says it was then she must have heard it somewhere. Maybe she thought she heard that. If she has the videotape, then let's see it!

She is doing nothing wrong in holding the govt. to their word, particularly, like I said, when they want to show off when they do indeed keep their promises.

In the meantime, no need to drag her name and that of the nurses thru the gutter. They hold the handle!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Are you telling me what I heard on the program today? To be fair, Perkins himself was doing it, but he certainly accommodated those who were.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Well, she put herself in that position.

If she has the DVD buss it and demand the hike. I and many others will back her.

However, if she does not and is bluff...she is on her own.

I dont see the need for hi-stakes poker here.

Comment

The way how she hangle dis, if she nuh have no tape, she naw get nutten and her own people aggo nyam her.

Ridiculous strategy!

Comment

Are you telling me what I heard on the program today? To be fair, Perkins himself was doing it, but he certainly accommodated those who were.
                I listened to program today. If you call that dragging thru mud, then you way too sensitive.

No one said they shouldn't hold the gov't to their promises, but she stated she have it on tape, the MOFPS come out and deny it, yet while on the Breakfast Club, each time they ask her for the tape, she tried to change the subject.

Now the IJJ asking her to come with the tape. Wha wrong wid dat?
                "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

How many of these government ministers or their families end up in our hospitals anyways so why would they care of they disrespect the nurses and they go on strike, is only poor people who it going to affect?

As long as Jackson Memorial stays open, them all right.
                  Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                  Che Guevara.

Comment

True. I guess they do hold the handle. Or at least the plane ticket.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

If she don't have the tape the nurses still want a raise!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

If she don't have the tape the nurses still want a raise!
                        Great and he acknowledges that however this post is about JLP making promises and not keeping their word. Now you waan come claim that they made the promise some other time in the campaign. The papers covered the event and didn't report him saying that. And actually she said that she "recalls" him saying that on the DVD.

Comment

Okay, let's say that no such promise was made (never mind what this thread is about) - the fact is the nurses still want a raise, and a good one. So, the hemming and hawing by the minister will come to an end. Yes, he can bask in the knowledge that he didn't plan doubling anyone's salary, but at the end of the day, this is going to represent more more from somewhere to go along with the other promises they made.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

OK, so that is why the prev. Govt diss them??

LoL

Comment

This thread is about the foolish Strategy that the Nurse lady employed.

If I were a mamber of the Nursing body, I would string her up. She blot her copy-book!!!

You caawn try hijack people so with bluff!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X