• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We're in the presence of greatness? Sickko,

whey yuh deh?

Only one CC

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Dear Editor,

We the undersigned alumni of Cornwall College would like to correct your very grievous faux pas published in your September 25 edition, "CC take on Lennon at Chapleton". You see, Mr Editor, there can be only one CC in Jamaica and that is Cornwall College, the school on the hill beside the sea.

Far and wide, throughout Jamaica and the world, CC, when used for a Jamaican education institution, has traditionally referred to Cornwall College, and it was rather confusing to read your sports article to find that you were referring to some other school called Clarendon College.

For the record, Sir, it has long been established that in the daCosta cup circles, CC means Cornwall College and that other school must be called either "Clarendon" or Clarendon College. Cornwallians at home and in the diaspora adore your newspaper but we cannot overlook this huge slip, which is made the more astonishing when the byline in the article featured a great CC alumnus, Paul A Reid. On top of that, we do believe, Sir, that at the helm of the Observer editorial group is another great CC alumnus, Desmond Allen. Come now, Mr Editor, how on earth could the Observer sports editor commit such sacrilege? We are willing to forgive this one, but please, Sir, never let the name of Cornwall College, and its CC name be so misused and misapplied ever again. We respectfully ask that you so instruct your writers.

Jeff McCleod
    Attorney-at-Law, Florida
    Rev Mervin Stoddart, Florida
    Garfield Whittaker,
    CC Old Boys Association, California
    USA
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

I've heard Clarendon being referred to as CC. What about Campion College? Nuh CC tuh? Wait ... what about Clown College?
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

the good reverend and my learned friend are apprently out of touch.....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

hehee - is that why the Observer writer made sure to refer to Clarendon College as CC
        Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
        - Langston Hughes

Comment

CC Come on CC

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
          the good reverend and my learned friend are apprently out of touch.....
          Please explain why he is out of touch?

For years I have notice that Clarendon College was reffered to as CC, I wonder what took them so long to point this out.

Mr Gamma, back in the 50's & 60', there would be no doubt when CC is outtered what High School it was.

sickko, you are on the stove by yourself, I will send you the 1963 CC vs Munro, that will save me calling Steve Bucknor eeehhh.

Comment

Originally posted by TDowl View Post
            Please explain why he is out of touch?

For years I have notice that Clarendon College was reffered to as CC, I wonder what took them so long to point this out.

Mr Gamma, back in the 50's & 60', there would be no doubt when CC is outtered what High School it was.

sickko, you are on the stove by yourself, I will send you the 1963 CC vs Munro, that will save me calling Steve Bucknor eeehhh.
            Thats because you down a west.

Comment

OK which school is older? That should settle it.

Comment

this is not the 50's and 60's ...there's a new sherriff in town!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

heh heh... mi glad kingston college

nuh have da problem deh... iz only one kc and that is kingston college... there are other schools such as knox college but dem nor no odda school cudda be suh brite as fi guh call demself kc... and de whole a jamaica know dat...

the cornwall college folks gwine affi sort dat out... wish dem de bess...
                  'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

Cornwall College the Real CC was started in 1896 and has blessed Jamaican and the World with outstanding scholars, one of the world's leading nuclear physicist, sportsmen, University lectuers and dignitaries.

Compared to a school started in Maybe the 1960s or so..don't you think that the school that was started in 1896 would have established themselves as the De Facto CC a long time ago?

Except for football and one or two track stars what really is Clarendon College's claim to fame?

Enlighten us Lazie.
                    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                    Che Guevara.

Comment

If we are talking footballically...how many DCup and Olivier shield titles has Clarendon won compared to Cornwall in the last 10 years?

Since 1994- each team has won three DCup titles each but Cornwall leads the way with 11 overall and also 11 Olivier Shield titles..please dont mix up Cornwall and Munro.

We have been able to keep a good blend without lowering academic standards (watch you mouth Mosiah dont blaspheme).
                      Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                      Che Guevara.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
                        Thats because you down a west.
                        Is tah why yu send DK fi haune eeehh.

Anyhow, I know you are young that is why I afix the eras for clarity, but yu still have to slant.

There was a football match at CC, and there was this supporter say saying come on CC, but he had no front teeth, and the peanut was just spewing all over...come on CC.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
                          Cornwall College the Real CC was started in 1896 and has blessed Jamaican and the World with outstanding scholars, one of the world's leading nuclear physicist, sportsmen, University lectuers and dignitaries.

Compared to a school started in Maybe the 1960s or so..don't you think that the school that was started in 1896 would have established themselves as the De Facto CC a long time ago?

Except for football and one or two track stars what really is Clarendon College's claim to fame?

Enlighten us Lazie.
                          The same way Clown College is referred to as CC, the same way Cornwall, Campion and Clarendon College can be called CC.

Anybody see Jawge?

Comment

Clarendon College was always referred to as CC, because Cornwall was...Cornwall!

But, talk about trivia!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

& you notice there is a CC in each county

Cornwall - Cornwall College "CC"
                              Middlesex - Clarendon College "CC"
                              Surrey - Campion College "CC"

Well unuh betta unite and stretch hands across Jamaica (cornmeal, mix & stir)
                              Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                              - Langston Hughes

Comment

Working...
                              X