No announcement yet.

Why is Portia saying this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

portia said it was a jlp strategy...if it wasn't she needs to apologise...if it was the jlp needs to apologise and/or distance themselves from any such comment .....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
      ...and, did Portia use such 'thoughts' earlier than Carolyn Cooper's article and or was such sentiments expressed in like manner or 'near guh suh manner' and when?

...and, where such sentiments expressed 'on the streets' and when?

The answer to those questions will help to frame the context within which Portia spoke!
      Article published Sept 2.

Conference was weekend of Sept 16.

Comment

I guess I can't. Please explain.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

it appears as if you don't want to...and that being the case there is no amount of explanation that will suffice.

it's a simple issue really. but ... a suh.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

It matters not if it was official JLP strategy. Certainly, with the help of the JLP newspaper, such feelings were loud and clear for all to observe.

Don't mind me. I may have missed the point again.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

you miss it only when you want to mosiah.

Comment

you overrate me. i'm also the eternal learner. please help me learn.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

i think you are right...i overrated you. very jawgelike i must add.

Comment

It is all confusing. Can't figure out if there really isn't anything wrong with being a maid or a gardener.
                    If there is nothing wrong with being called a maid/gardener why comrade found it offensive...? Why a (ex)CEO husband and not a gardener or a cane man?
                    Anyway, remember what was said amongst the old boyz' club in the rat race for leadership of the PNP,..............
                    I do not know if members of the JLP are guilty of what is being alleged, however we have and continue to hold in high esteem the very people whose vested interest is preserving the counterproductive class system(as we know it), insomuch that we make them leaders.
                    If anyone(JLP) is guilty what would should the people's servant ,Bruce, do?

Blessed

Blessed

Comment

In time to come all things will be revealed

both sides will have their dirt dug up and I am loving this

I am waiting to see who have the interest of the FUTURE/children at heart

Who is the real christ follower round here and who is the christ mocker

dem a turn montpelier football academy into a concentration camp for our youths and we rejoice?

Mi no want to hear bout no damn he said she said. Tell me how we ago get out of slavery before the youths dem dig it up and rise it.

stop distracting me from the real issues

respect

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
                        Let me make it clear:

What I want to know is simple. Was this a part of the JLP campaign or not??

That is the direct quote from Portia!
                        ...and, if it was?
                        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

The speech. In it she said that the maid thing was a part of the JLP campaign.
                          "the maid thing"?

I do not know of any "maid thing"...any maid being a "thing"...or any thing concerning the person of our "maids" being no "thing".

dem a fi mi people! ...any one of my son's can and could one day be friendly with...marry...do business with and associate in any way with anyone of those good person...it is the individual persons character that counts!

We (wife and me...and, family...extended family) certainly have taught our children that it is character that counts...bot the circumstance in which finds oneself today!

Any day 'cash' can and jobs can leave you! ...and, for many different reasons!

"maid thing"?
                          kiss teet!
                          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

then the jlp needs to apologise not just to jamaica but to the public and distance themselves from any such derisive and divisive nonsense!

and if they didn't?

Comment

perhaps he should have said "maid comment".. it hink that would have been more accurate.

Comment

Article published Sept 2.

Conference was weekend of Sept 16.
                                So...is it at the Conference that Portia and or any others mentioned such a thought. For example, did Portia make the statements during her electioneering? ...or, even before this last electioneering period?

Comment

Working...
                                X