Karl and Jawge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Karl and Jawge

what would you do if Bruce Golding ask you to serve on any public board?

Would you decline or serve your country to the best of your ability?
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

They would first ask if Bruce is a comrade? If not, they'd both rather guh jump in the sea.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post

Dem would write a letter first:

Dear Profit Phinn ,

Bruce, the newly appointed Prime Minister has asked me to serve on a public board. As you know, I am a dire hard Comrade, and Sista P and others might get the feeling that I am turning my back on my comradeship.

Even though, my gut feelings tells me that I should do this for the LOVE of my country, I'm having a difficult time in ACCEPTING, as I'm afraid that my fellow Comrades will think I've gone soft and label me a LABOURITE.

Please Profit Phinn, let me have your honest opinion. I know that right about now your credibility has been tarnished, as your prediction of the 7's did not come to pass, which resulted in Sista P's current dilemma. I await your response.

Signed
      Confused Comrade
      Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
      - Langston Hughes

Comment

• Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

based on karl's answer to my "slower ball" (caught and bowled) concerning whether the present pnp adheres to the core principles of the pnp (yes and no) then i would ask "does the jlp adhere to the core tenets of the pnp?".... i can even break it down starting with the right to education...

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post

Serve and do the best damn job I could!

Assasin/Lazie/gamma/willi and others who may have wish the JLP more than one term: I want the JLP to do extremely well...but, lose to a good slate of PNP candidates in the next election....always wishing the next winners build on what we have and do better than the last government.

How is it you can divorce how you would look on best running your life from how you would wish the country be run?

Would you rather not have your family members running your business than have me do it? You may decide your familiy members are not best suited with your understanding of qualifying so to do...and decided that I run that business...but, you would rather your family members run the business. Therefore the solution is your family producing the quality you are looking for....and, then waam you would put them in charge.

That is exactly the thinking on whether or not I wish the PNP comes back to power. I am sure you wish the JLP does a good job and is rewarded with a 2nd term. Nothing wrong with either stance!
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by MdmeX View Post
              Dem would write a letter first:

Dear Profit Phinn ,

Bruce, the newly appointed Prime Minister has asked me to serve on a public board. As you know, I am a dire hard Comrade, and Sista P and others might get the feeling that I am turning my back on my comradeship.

Even though, my gut feelings tells me that I should do this for the LOVE of my country, I'm having a difficult time in ACCEPTING, as I'm afraid that my fellow Comrades will think I've gone soft and label me a LABOURITE.

Please Profit Phinn, let me have your honest opinion. I know that right about now your credibility has been tarnished, as your prediction of the 7's did not come to pass, which resulted in Sista P's current dilemma. I await your response.

Signed
              Confused Comrade
              All the chickens have not come home to roost!
              Just
              ...and, if and when those chickens come home Brodda Bruce is still firmly in-charge - see answer in previous post!
              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

I dont give a DAMN who forms the GOJ, IF they can convince me that they can do the best possible job and position Jamaica higher on the relative scale of nations.

See, that is where we different. I dont have a set preference. I dont BELIEVE....like Grishom on CSI, I go where the evidence takes me.

Right now, NOTHING in the PNP convinces me and the JLP SEEMS a better choice, but frankly, the jury is still out.

I need to give them 6 months to a year to start to form a solid opinion.

LOOK, I might as well come out and say it. Jamaica is up S@*t's creek and there is no gurantee that we will progress. It will take monumental effort from MOST of the population to dig us out of our hole. Values and attitudes are at an all-time low and the country has paltry social capital. The biggest thing in our favour is the vast, capable and interested diaspora.

When I look at the politicians who are glorified in Jamaica (from all sides), I can say I am NOT impressed by more than 5 to 10 of them. In general the Jamaicans I know in the diaspora are far ahead of the rank and file politician educationally, experientially, spiritually, culturally and with a greater world view. Many will take offense to this, but as Bob seh, Truth is an offense.

Just how to call upon the talents of the diaspora without offending the resident Jakans and upsetting the mood of the country will be a challenging task...but it must be done...we have no choice if we are to totally turn things around. If we are to push Jam to where it needs to go, we have to come up with some really creative strategies and implement like hell.
                Last edited by Willi; September 25, 2007, 10:46 AM.

Comment

"Values and attitudes are at an all-time low and the country has paltry social capital."

True words Willi. It is making a mockery of everything positive that folks try to do.
                  Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                  - Langston Hughes

Comment

It is why I dont run down Mosiah when he says he does not believe that 6% growth (as theortically easy as it should be) is possible in 3 years.

We are at war with each other, many young people have no training and are unemployable. Of the relatively few with solid university training, many cant get jobs. The male population have been "taught" to glorify crime or DJing and encouraged to eschew education and hard work. Get rich quick is the mantra of the day and the general societal cohesion has been loosened. The Govt of yesteryear must take the lion's share of the blame, but in truth, the rot started before them.

This is why I cant bring myself to disagree with Exile's stance. We need to reestablih basic respect and decency and the excessive lamppooning of public figure is not helpful. Also though, those same public figures need to be mindful of their tone and content in public utterances. Everyone must do their part in raising the level of interpersonal relations. We have to "brainwash" ourselves back into a more civilized mindset which will foster the missing cohesion.

Comment

Just remember I am not the only one with those doubts. Big economists like Dennis Chung have echoed my statements. The eediat label has stuck only on me, however.

Yes, I endorse Exile's opinion on society's decency and values.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

However,

Exile needs to see the other side though.

Portia's actions are NOT helpful, wheter she 'means' them or not.

People are reacting very negatively to her style. she has her nice side, but she too often shows an "uglier" side that clearly fosters tribalism. She has to learn to play the game.

Mi stop powder and will call a spade a spade.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                          Just remember I am not the only one with those doubts. Big economists like Dennis Chung have echoed my statements. The eediat label has stuck only on me, however.

Yes, I endorse Exile's opinion on society's decency and values.
                          What has changed since the late 80's ?

Careful how yuh a condemn Karl and Jawge people dem.. remember they are the party of enlightement and wonderful ideology.

Don't tell me seh dem oversee a situation such that where what was possible in the late 80's is now not possible...

Comment

We are going to have to agree to disagree about Portia's "ugly side", and whether it fosters tribalism or not.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                              We are going to have to agree to disagree about Portia's "ugly side", and whether it fosters tribalism or not.
                              Portia does not have an ugly side and in no way have her actions at ANYTIME fostered tribalism.

Just examine her political career... there is nothing tribalistic about it. Her success is one derived from service to consituency and collaborative effort with all.

Her words and demeanour under stress have been calming and constructive, the mark of a strong leader who will go down as one of the great stateswomen in our history.

Comment

Working...
                              X