X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sickko becaureful what you report.. Now look it seems

Photographer threatened at People's National Party's (PNP) meeting
    published: Monday | September 24, 2007

A member of Portia Simpson Miller's [COLOR=orange ! important][COLOR=orange ! important]security[/COLOR][/COLOR] team yesterday threatened a journalist at the Negril Golf Club, Westmoreland, where a meeting of the People's National Party's (PNP) National Executive Council was being held.
    The policeman accused a Gleaner [COLOR=orange ! important][COLOR=orange ! important]photographer[/COLOR][/COLOR] of attempting to zoom in on a confidential document which was in the hands of Dr. D.K. Duncan, who is fighting in the courts to win the Eastern Hanover seat by way of a magisterial recount.
    The photographer denied attempting to photograph the document, but the policeman, in the presence of members of the PNP hierarchy, including Mrs. Simpson Miller, threatened to throw out the photographer and left little to the imagination, implying that if the incident had taken place on the road, it could have got uglier.
    "Yuh lucky seh a nuh outta road yuh deh, else mi woudda mash yuh up!" the policeman said.
    He repeated this later when he again confronted the photographer, who this time, was speaking with the PNP communications officer, Christopher Castriota.
    This time, PNP chairman Robert Pickersgill and General Secretary Donald Buchanan and other journalists were in earshot range. Another man, who joined the policeman in the verbal assault, promised to smash the camera if the photographer attempted to take any more pictures.
    Mr. Buchanan attempted to quell the argument by insisting the photographer shut up, even while the policeman continued his tirade.
    One woman in a group which made known its feelings as to the position it took towards journalists, said, "Mi hate dem more dan even Labourite."

who can forget "doodlegate"....? what about the doodledoor?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by OJ View Post
      "Yuh lucky seh a nuh outta road yuh deh, else mi woudda mash yuh up!" the policeman said.
      Ah wonder if it is the same police who stopped me in HWT Square some long time ago and said the same thing to me and my friends, all innocent of whatever crime they could have concocted?!?

Maybe it was really time for a change. I don't know how anyone could have talked to them if they were re-elected for 5 more years.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

you just see it?

good.

Even if the courts give it back to them they had to go, even if a fi one month.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
          you just see it?

good.

Even if the courts give it back to them they had to go, even if a fi one month.
          It pains me to see the PNP lose...but, like Burrell (I hope) the licking will do them good!
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

it shouldn't pain you so much
            Jamaica first.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
              it shouldn't pain you so much
              Jamaica first.
              You, Willi and gamma and others should not doubt that it has...and, will always be Jamaica first....even as I am a PNP man. What is so difficult with that?!

I believe you guys mean Jamaica well and you all are ...another P ...just that I think the PNP core beliefs are best for the country! Some PNP supporters and MPs are not...but, the PNP core beliefs - YES!

Hey...not everyone that uses the Bible are good christians!
              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

If I just see it?!? heh heh! Stay deh!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

him throw di bible in deh now! btw what are the core beliefs karl?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

No other P sah, mi just set benchmark and if them fail then it is time to go. No need to repeat failure make them go reorganize and come again.

Comment

This is horrible...I was not there but one of my coworkers were and I will ask him about it and see what he says..interesting that I did not see this report in the Observer, wonder why.
                      Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                      Che Guevara.

Comment

exactly!!!!

Comment

It is one thing to tell a photographer to refrain from taking pictures, but to threaten that person with physical harm is unacceptable. If dem gwaan so in front of witnesses, yuh can imagine how horrible police behave when no one is looking.
                          Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

him mussi did feel safe .....

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                              him throw di bible in deh now! btw what are the core beliefs karl?
                              Just to say gamma you can claim to be a PNP person...spout the words...yet, not do the deeds.

Cho man!

Comment

Working...
                              X