When is it right for the security forces to shoot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When is it right for the security forces to shoot

someone running away? ...or, is it ever right?

What would you do if...as police on patrol...you confronted men with guns in a dark ally with multiply hiding places and multiple routes to double around and come upon you from many different directions...and they turned and ran?

...or, if you met only one man????

Run out as fast as you could?
    Shoot to kill as many as you could?
    Just continue along...keeping cover as best you could?

...oooooh...would you fear for your life?
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

What are you getting at, Karl? Just come out and say it. You have long supported our murderous cops and now that the JLP govt. wants to do something about it, you are in a frenzy.

Why give us some difficult scenario like that one? What about those cases where the victim is already in police custody, under control, a threat to no one? What about indiscriminate police shootings into crowds?

Cho! There are enuff cases of police brutality and excess that any well-thinking Jamaican should welcome the JLP's desire of an independent group to monitor and invesitgate them.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

mek mi watch da space yah.....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
        What are you getting at, Karl? Just come out and say it. You have long supported our murderous cops and now that the JLP govt. wants to do something about it, you are in a frenzy.

Why give us some difficult scenario like that one? What about those cases where the victim is already in police custody, under control, a threat to no one? What about indiscriminate police shootings into crowds?

Cho! There are enuff cases of police brutality and excess that any well-thinking Jamaican should welcome the JLP's desire of an independent group to monitor and invesitgate them.
        I just sat here wondering on what I would do if I found myself in such a position?

I hope you can visualise yourself in the same position?

It just crossed my mind that if in such a position one of the many things I would be thinking is I would love to be able to go home to my wife!

What would I really do? ...and, what would other rational persons do in a similar situation?

Running away as fast as hell is an option!
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Sorry, Karl, I think you have something up your sleeve.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

yuh on the national track team or yuh de pon di police force?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

karl in the midst of cross road near the country bus stop, a police man who I knew, was holding a crown and anchor man in his shirt back and taking him in. Something distracted the police and the crown and anchor man made a break for it. The police took his gun out and fired in direction of the cross road post office where you know is alway full. He fired at the crown and anchor man. Let me ask you now

1) Is it worth it to shoot the man because he was going to lock up for illegally playing crown and anchor and make such an escape given the chance?

2) How can a policeman shoot for that reason in the midst of a crowd of bystanders?

3) Is life that cheap?

I said I know the police even before he was a cop and I have no beef against him other than this and that is how some of the police operate. Them need to be rein in.
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                Sorry, Karl, I think you have something up your sleeve.
                Nothing up my sleve!

Sure I think the society should be disarmed...and, then those with guns become birds...

...but, at this moment I am thinking of the injustice the police undergo...having their lives - police lives being unnecessarily put under 'hammer of gun death' by men with guns who have those guns in possession...

...for, I believe to put those guns to the use/for the purpose those guns were made - to kill persons!

What would you do if you were in the position I outlined in the original post?

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                  I just sat here wondering on what I would do if I found myself in such a position?

I hope you can visualise yourself in the same position?

It just crossed my mind that if in such a position one of the many things I would be thinking is I would love to be able to go home to my wife!

What would I really do? ...and, what would other rational persons do in a similar situation?

Running away as fast as hell is an option!
                  If it was me pure shot a guh fire but I guess dem seh yuh can't do that

Comment

I would fear for my life and I would be as trigger happy as the next cop. And if the situation became worse, I would took off!

But I would not be killing someone who was already disarmed and of no threat to anyone.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

wha you woulda do when you go a Tivoli or down a bottom Jungle
                      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                        karl in the midst of cross road near the country bus stop, a police man who I knew, was holding a crown and anchor man in his shirt back and taking him in. Something distracted the police and the crown and anchor man made a break for it. The police took his gun out and fired in direction of the cross road post office where you know is alway full. He fired at the crown and anchor man. Let me ask you now

1) Is it worth it to shoot the man because he was going to lock up for illegally playing crown and anchor and make such an escape given the chance?

2) How can a policeman shoot for that reason in the midst of a crowd of bystanders?

3) Is life that cheap?

I said I know the police even before he was a cop and I have no beef against him other than this and that is how some of the police operate. Them need to be rein in.
                        Why do you have to go off thread?

...and, let me answer you - No! He should not have even drawn his gun!

Comment

Go Tivoli?!! Who a send me in dere? Dis govt.??!!

Jungle a easy sumpten. Mi would ben go deh fram lang time!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

the fact is some a di police them jumpy just like me and you and shouldn't have a gun muchless fi fire.

Some fi only walk wid baton and walkie talkie.

Comment

Working...
                            X