semantics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• semantics?

A lawyer runs a stop sign in Portland and gets pulled over by the police. He thinks that he is smarter than the police because he is a lawyer from Kingston and is certain that he has a better education than any Jamaican police. He decides to prove this to himself and have some fun at the policeman's expense.

The police says, " yuh license and registration please. "
    "What for ? " asked the lawyer.
    The police says, " yuh didnt come to a complete stop at de stop sign. "
    Then the lawyer says, " I slowed down, and no one was coming. "
    " Yuh neva come to a complete stop at de stop sign. License and registration please. " says the police.
    The lawyer asked, " What's the difference ?"
    " De difference is dat yuh hafi come to ah complete stop, dat's de law. License and registration please !! " the police says.
    Lawyer says, " If you can show me the legal difference between slow down and stop, I'll give you my license and registration; and you give me the ticket. If not, you let me go and don't give me the ticket. "

" That sounds fair. Get yuh **************** outa de vehicle, sar !! " the police shouted.
    At this point, the police drapes up the lawyer, pulls out his baton and starts beating the living daylights out of him and asks, " Yuh waan mi fi stop or slow down ? "

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Funny nuh rahtid. Only a baby father could be doing this kind a joke on a sunday morning.
    yeah man that sound right but Gamma if is a portland lawyer him would draw fi him machete
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
    X