Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K.D. Knight's son died tragically

From Barbara Gloudon's column

(First I'm hearing this - condolences to the family)

SAD STORY: Genuine condolences to Mr K D Knight and his family on the tragic death of their only son this week. Mr Knight has been having more than his share of unpleasantness especially in the political arena. It is good that his daughter apologised publicly for losing her cool with a nurse tending to her brother in his death-bed struggle. Grief can make you do strange things. Forgiveness heals.
    Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
    - Langston Hughes

A very close friend of mine who lost her daughter years ago looked at me with tears in her eyes, shaking her head and said: "Children are supposed to bury their parents, not parents burying their children". It is a painful experience.

Comment

This kind of thing is not what KD needed now or at anytime for that matter. Most people in the health care busineess, especially those who deal with real tragic circumstances are either taught or quickly learn on their own that the impacts of severe injuries and illnesses can cause relatives to react in harsh ways, which are most often very uncharacteristic for them. It is the duty of helath care folks to show patience and love and to be ready to forgive. This love and forgiveness cand go a might long way to help grieving family members recover/get over their grief.
      "Jah Jah see dem a come, but I & I a Conqueror!"

Comment

Exile, it can be one of the most devastating experiences. A much older lady here at work lost her son the same way a much older man here at work lost his son. They were both victims of tragic crashes in which they were not at fault. In each case, it was their only child. To raise up someone and share all their dreams for the future, to see them achieve and then to lose them before you go, that requires only the strength that God can give. I hope KD has a relationship with God and will turn to Him.
        "Jah Jah see dem a come, but I & I a Conqueror!"

Comment

Holy Father - May his soul rest in peace.

Losing a child can be destroy any parent.

What happened?
          The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

May God be with the Knights family.and may his son RIP.

Comment

Working...
            X