A long time Derrick Smith a chat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A long time Derrick Smith a chat

so mek mi see what he is going to do as Ministry of Security. Now him get him chance fi prove that him can make a difference.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
    so mek mi see what he is going to do as Ministry of Security. Now him get him chance fi prove that him can make a difference.
    O well,He seems to have his head on his body and Hope he continues the Modernization of our security forces ;Specialized training,and efforts to curb Crime.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
      National Security Minister says anti-crime strategy ready

Wednesday, 19 September 2007

National Security Minister Derrick Smith says his administration has already formulated a short term strategy that will be implemented to lower what he says are alarming crime rates.

Speaking with RJR News Wednesday afternoon following a long service awards function for the Department of Correctional Services, Mr. Smith, while declining to give specific details says the plan will include stringent measures to help to curb crime.

"The Prime Minister summoned the Commissioner of Police and the Chief of Staff to look at preparing a short term strategy which would make some sort of an impact to arrest this obvious slide. This strategy was scheduled to be implemented starting on the 14th which was last Friday, running into late January," said Mr. Smith.

"What I can tell you is that the populace must brace themselves for some inconvenience because we will be having additional road blocks throughout the country and there could be some cordoning off for searches in certain identifiable areas," he said.

Crime figures up to August this year show a 123 increase in the number of murders compared to the corresponding period last year.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Short term? Him have 18 years fo tink bout a complete comprehensive strategy and him a bring a short term one to the table?!?!

Anyway, let's see what this one entails.

""What I can tell you is that the populace must brace themselves for some inconvenience because we will be having additional road blocks throughout the country and there could be some cordoning off for searches in certain identifiable areas," he said.

Interesting! This might mek a state of emergency look like friggery!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
          Short term? Him have 18 years fo tink bout a complete comprehensive strategy and him a bring a short term one to the table?!?!

Anyway, let's see what this one entails.

""What I can tell you is that the populace must brace themselves for some inconvenience because we will be having additional road blocks throughout the country and there could be some cordoning off for searches in certain identifiable areas," he said.

Interesting! This might mek a state of emergency look like friggery!
          Mi a wait fi hear the details and trust me, I'll be surely looking for your reaction.
          "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

As a reminder, I have long said that we need to do something drastic about our crime situation. One little 2x4 community cannot be holding huge areas to ransom, or even the country sometimes. I have no problem with house to house searches if done right, and that is going to be difficult with the kinds of people in our police force.

So, I will welcome some real action. I hope his plan includes shutting off the supply of guns and ammunitions.

Will be interesting to see where will be subjected to some "inconvenience". Tivoli has got to be one of the first places because their weapons per square kilometer (w/sk) is more than any other place in Jamaica. Are we brave enuff to admit that and take action, no matter who want to stand up inna street wid him (or her) constituents?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I figured unuh would find a way fi call Tivoli. I'm quite certain there are other areas that have been out of control, but everybody cut dem eye and only pointing at Tivoli.

Lets hope it is dealt with irrespective of which party these areas are aligned to.

Comment

ahh! yu nuh hear weh a gwone a concrete Jungle? wid di whole heap a gun shot at the tony spaulding SC.

Comment

Originally posted by Pepsi View Post
                  ahh! yu nuh hear weh a gwone a concrete Jungle? wid di whole heap a gun shot at the tony spaulding SC.
                  Nuh Tivoli fault! Yuh nuh know the runnings yet? As Bounty once said, "every ting ... dem say a Bounty!" Well, can we say the same bout Tivoli? Not saying dem nuh have dem faults, but people somehow need deprogramming.

Comment

Only?!? Who?!

Tivoli cannot be excluded from any serious crime management plan. That is FACT. Any other thing, and wi fooling wiself.

Time yuh be honest about that, Lazie.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Well, they were playing Denham Town! Suh who was firing the guns?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Only?!? Who?!

Tivoli cannot be excluded from any serious crime management plan. That is FACT. Any other thing, and wi fooling wiself.

Time yuh be honest about that, Lazie.
                        I'm quite certain I wasn't saying Tivoli should be excluded. Imagine one area was in such a state that schools had to be closed. The Opposition Leader at the time guh open him mouth bout his area not giving any trouble ... where did they invade? Meanwhile, where was it that a little girl and her guardians were roasted alive while shots were fired at those trying to save them?

Comment

Be thankful that yuh hear bout criminal acts in other garrisons. Some garrisons are more dangerous than they appear.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Be thankful that yuh hear bout criminal acts in other garrisons. Some garrisons are more dangerous than they appear.
                            Suh I guess some of us will only focus on one garrison, while its wild wild west elsewhere? Creatures of the night!

Comment

If that's what your green mind is interpreting as, run wid it, Lazie!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                              X