I cannot understand Jamaicans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I cannot understand Jamaicans

and their problem with change. On Real Business, Ralston Hyman is questioning Mr. Bernanke's credibility because he changed course and cut interest rate yesterday. How and why would the man's credibility be affected?

He idolizes Alan Greenspan, and on 60 Minutes on Sunday, he admitted that most of the times when he is on the hill answering questions, he simply says alot and does not answer the question. His credibility wasn't affected? Damn.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Never had a problem with change, for the right reasons. Flip-flop, however, suggests something quite different.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
      Never had a problem with change, for the right reasons. Flip-flop, however, suggests something quite different.
      hehehe ... suh wait. Isn't it the trend in Jamaica to label people that change course to be labelled a flip flopper? Unless I misunderstand it.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

What was my position re "change"? Did I not change my views on Fuller? On Boxhill?

Not sure about this "trend in Jamaica". One can say Americans are no different. In fact, y'all may have started this witchhunt for people who dare change! Look at what happens when a senator changes his mind on Iraq.

Be careful when you try to label us all, Lazie.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
          What was my position re "change"? Did I not change my views on Fuller? On Boxhill?

Not sure about this "trend in Jamaica". One can say Americans are no different. In fact, y'all may have started this witchhunt for people who dare change! Look at what happens when a senator changes his mind on Iraq.

Be careful when you try to label us all, Lazie.
          So its okay for you to change your mind, but if Bruce do it, its flip flop?

Comment

the question is can someone flip flop for the right reasons too?
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
              the question is can someone flip flop for the right reasons too?
              Well ... not if its Bruce! hehehe. Damn!

Comment

Did I have a problem with Bruce's "flip-flops"? All of them? Never did! The fact that Bruce examined his position with the JLP several years ago and went thru his "search for truth" is to me admirable. Some poke fun at it, I don't! Many of us do need to take stock of what we are doing and flip, or flop. Well, let's say, change our minds. Flip-flop suggests reckless abandon and indecision.

Should Bruce flip with the cabinet briefings? I don't think so (suggesting I am not sure it's a problem.) Should he have flopped with increasing the cabinet? No, but it's not such a big deal to me.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Flip-flopping suggests ignorance, reckless abandon, changing with the wind, to win votes and popularity.

Changing one's minds for the right reasons is something quite different.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                  X