Plans for Air Jamaica!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plans for Air Jamaica!

Just heard the Minister of Transport on the Breakfast Club and when asked what were the plans for Air Jamaica he responded about going the Singapore Air route. I did catch all he said, but bascially, the goal is to get another company to operate the airline evenutally getting it off the back of the taxpayers.

Lets see how that goes.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

The plan is to sell some of the shares to another airline while the goverment maintain some.

A virgin exec was asked if they are interested and they said when the bigman come to JA he will deal with that, while the government going over the code share deal as well.

The Minister say he will accept all the interested party, I guess to get the best possible deal. I hope if the shares are sold they use it to pay down pon some a the debt.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Funny that I can recall that this was
      what was dicussed and agreed upon on this site (with regards to air J) The question is how much of a share will the JLP sell, seeing that the airJ is an integral part of our tourist economy.

Comment

the government jawge...say it with me ...the GOVERNMENT!!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

seeing that you want to
          nit pick: The government.

Comment

you call that nit picking? well to each his own.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
            X