No announcement yet.

I once asked on this board; the

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

enlighten us jawge as you can tell we know nothing of it...PLEASE, educate us!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Or are we the Eternal Learners not worthy of your wisdom??
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Gamma it's not my style to
        belittle one's ignornace. If I thought the minds on this board knew nothing of African aristocracy (this would send off serious alarm bells as to why not) I wouln't put the question forward. I myself is limited on the subject matter and thought it prudent to bring it to the finer minds of this board. I see no reason to be disappointed because I expect to be flooded with answers.

Comment

well jawge...the fact that you have given it some thought and we clearly have not, certainly puts you in a position to enlighten us so please do....

just in case you are wondering, i want to make it clear that i don't think that anything that could possibly do could belittle your intelligence!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Haile Sellassie

The term Aristocracy meaning a from of goverment where power is reseved for a small number of people from an elite or noble familes can be applied to any country where the tranmission of power is heriditary. However, I would not blame anyone for restricting the term to Europeans.

Back to the Africa situation

I once listen to a Professor of African History at Addis Abba on David Levey show as he explained the meaning of the title used by Haile Selassie and the situation that lead to his ris, fall and apparent death.

This is my understanding
            Sellassisie title was King of Kings, Lord or Lords, conquering lion of the tribe of Judah and the professor explained that there were a set of privilage class which basically owned the land and most of the assets.

King of Kings: - Ethiopia had several kings and each 'Kingdom' has it own ruling class. Kings were appointed by birthright therefore we have an aristocracy.

Lord of Lords :- Warlords were the Commanders in Chief of the Military Forces. It appears that these were titular heads instead of real warriors and that implies another set of privilaged calls. Kings were appointed by birthright not by promotion therefore we have an aristocracy.
            The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

Of course not and this is why the African aristocracy cannot be expected to be in one place either.

What exactly do you mean by 'aristocracy' anyways?

Dont forget that Russia and its former satelites are on the Asian continent even though they are considered European nations.
              Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
              Che Guevara.

Comment

There were many African 'empires' especially in the days when wars dictated power and we do know that King Shaka of the Zulus was the only man to unite the entire southern tip of the African continent under one rule.
                Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                Che Guevara.

Comment

why doesn jawge tell us what he is trying to impart and done...instead he's making us look so uninformed...grasping here there and everywhere in trying to understand what he's trying so desperately hard to teach us!

Comment

Ah come on Gamma you
                    are too bright to even think of belittling anyone's intelligence. The thought did not even cross my mind. Now Islandman this is for you too (ah mean suddenly I'm no more the eternal learner but the teacher): Let's all think together; what are the chances of having a african aristocracy (descendadants over centuries), to European and Asian aristocracy in the small island of Jamica? Let's put the likelihood in terms of percentages. Thanks.

Comment

jawge i am unworthy of such encomium....alas you do me a great disservice with such platitudes the likes of which i am thoroughly undeserving.

Comment

Are you asking if there is an african aristocracy or the significance of such. Did they teach you how to frame a question at Cornwall ?

Comment

I thought we already had an African Aristocracy in Jamaica? Ask Capleton!!

King Emmanuel is called "Dada" by his followers, who see him as part of a holy Trinity, together with Marcus Garvey and Haile Selassie of Ethiopia, in which Selassie is seen as King/God (Jah), Garvey as prophet, and Emmanuel as high priest after the priesthood order of Melchizedec.

Almost all sacred songs and tributes to their ancient trinity of prophet, priest, and king ends with the phrase "Holy Emmanuel I Selassie I Jah Rastafari"
                          "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

yuh si...yuh mocking jawge now...jawge ignore him.....now tell us about the african aristocracy!

Comment

Can you just for once come out and ask a straightforward question? Please leave out the backhanded slaps and cynicism.

Comment

The big Kingdom was DAHOMEY. We learn that in our one year excursion thru world history at StGC.

Ah good school mi guh, unlike the Monroe man. LoL Sorry Mo, had to throw that in...just too easy.

Comment

Working...
                                X